College Basketball

BUCK'EYE' DOC

^^^

:hysterical:

Shite. How did UCLA make it to the Sweet 16?!? I didn't even think they deserved to be in the tournament and was hoping old coach Larry Brown and his SMUers would knock UCLA out.

Oh wait...that's how UCLA made it. On a horrible bogus goal tending call by a bunch of blind refs. Stole that game right out from SMU's noses.

Watching Virginia vs. Michigan St. now. Go Virginia!!! Later, I really want Wichita St. to crush Kansas. Kansas has been ducking Wichita St. for years.

^^^

Shite. How did UCLA make it to the Sweet 16?!? I didn't even think they deserved to be in the tournament and was hoping old coach Larry Brown and his SMUers would knock UCLA out.

Oh wait...that's how UCLA made it. On a horrible bogus goal tending call by a bunch of blind refs. Stole that game right out from SMU's noses.

Watching Virginia vs. Michigan St. now. Go Virginia!!! Later, I really want Wichita St. to crush Kansas. Kansas has been ducking Wichita St. for years.

Anyone else notice that UCLA and NC State always seem to find a way to win? At least early in the tournament. I thought Ohio St had a shot in their last game. Oh well. Syracuse is not in so I really do not care. I like Notre Dame, always have. But mainly in football

^^^

:(Congratulations though to Coach Bennett; USBWA National Coach of the Year; and to the team for a great season. Looking forward to next year!

• 2 weeks later...

So we have three #1s and a #7 in the Final Four.

Saturday Semifinals:

#7 Michigan State vs. #1 Duke

#1 Wisconsin vs. #1 Kentucky

I am hoping the Spartans knock out Puke. Wisconsin seems to be the only thing standing in Kentucky's way to an unbeaten season. As much as I like Ashley Judd, I gotta root for Wisconsin to pull off the upset.

Fucking Puke.

Well, Duke wins championship #5. Wisconsin looked like they had control of the game, especially with Okafur in foul trouble. But the momentum swung in Duke's favour as soon as Coach K inserted the freshman Grayson Allen.

• 11 months later...

^^^MONMOUTH GOT FUCKED BY THE NCAA WHILE THEY KISSED BOEHEIM'S ASS!

That's how Syracuse got in.

In the middle of bracketology myself...finished two brackets and working on a third. Strangely, I do have Syracuse and Maryland winning their first-round games while I have USC losing to Providence.

Kissing Boeheim's ass - that's a first!  Usually he gets it the same way you described Monmouth.  Btw, there were a couple of worse tourney at-large entries than the 'Cuse.  Again, I didn't think (and still don't think) Syracuse deserved a bid after the way they finished the season - losing 5 of their last 6.  

Vanderbilt...Pac 12 with too many teams...Tulsa...yeah, plenty of crap the NCAA let in besides Syracuse, no doubt. As for Boeheim, I know there is no love lost between them but I feel the NCAA threw Syracuse a bone after Boeheim's "penalize me but don't penalize the kids" whine.

With the level of college basketball play a crap-shoot after years of one-and-done recruiting, I think the odds are getting stronger that a #16 will knock off a #1. In fact, on one of my sheets I have Holy Cross knocking off Oregon and Hampton upsetting Virginia.

My Final Four for one of my sheets is a crazy-looking UConn, Baylor, Pittsburgh, and Michigan St. But then I have Duke, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Michigan St. in another.

Walter, you can see by the lack of traffic on this thread why I don't create a bracket challenge for the forum. Not even Rick seems interested in making picks.

For the sake of comparison, who you got? What's your Final Four look like? Any upset specials?

Bracket #1: Michigan St. over Baylor

Bracket #2: Michigan St. over Villanova

Bracket #3: Kentucky over Duke

Bracket #4: Kansas over North Carolina

Only 1 bracket filled out this year Strider:

East:  UNC over ND

Midwest:  Michigan St. over Virginia

South:  Kansas over Villanova 

West:  Duke over Oklahoma

Final Four:

Kansas over Duke

Michigan St. over UNC

Champion:  Michigan State

Final Four:

Kansas over OK

Michigan State over UNC   (oops - had that backwards...would've been difficult for them to win the other way)

Champion:

Michigan State

Although I'd love my brackitzzzzzz to be busted by the Terps going all the way!!!!!   :D 

Archived