Food

zoso13zeppelin

I read about an alternate way of cooking steak, and I tried it, and I have to say it's pretty awesome! Normally I just cook it on my gas grill. But this method calls for a cast-iron skillet. You brush each side of the steak with a little olive oil, and then generously salt and pepper it. You can put the skillet on your stove, but it creates a lot of smoke, so I use my side-burner on my grill. You get the skillet REALLY HOT, then throw the steak on. It'll smoke and pop, but don't touch it. Cook for about 3 minutes, then turn it over. The skillet will sear a nice brown crust on the steak. Put a pat of butter on the steak, the put the skillet inside the grill (turn on the grill in advance). If you're using your stove, but the skillet and steak inside the stove. Let cook for a few more minutes, the butter will form a nice sauce in the bottom of the pan.

Enjoy!

I dont care what you eat.....but do take care of yourself. Your a Ledhead :rolleyes: We watch after our own, IMO anyhow. We have the snied allmighty ones, I ignore em. I had Pizza earlier soooooo there ya go.

Shad :unsure: w

I've had to try and go light myself lately, since the surgery have to watch what I send down whats left of the plumbing :'(

what is this gizmo

I've had to try and go light myself lately, since the surgery have to watch what I send down whats left of the plumbing :'(

:'( :'( :'(

That's not good. I used to eat a horrible diet, I stopped it and quit smoking. I put on about 10 since I gave up the smokes, but I don't get all those headaches any longer.

I didn't feel too hot earlier today after I ate dinner from a take-out place for the fifth time in a week. Ugh. I bought chicken, veggies and stir fry sauce for dinner tomorrow night (Monday).

Actually I have found that you will find a middle ground somewhere if you wish to. And I was the worst too. Now I walk for miles at a time, several times a week, it really does help and nobody believes it but you get off doing it. Pick a good place, if its cold dress up real good or go to a stadium. I feel better if I get out and meet people, new people, not just the same old people I see every day. Smile at one and see happens. Oh yeah, off I ramble, these Stouffers Skillet Sensations are good. No prep time, nothing. And good for you. God I sound like a mom. I like the chicken ones and teriyaki ones. They are a dollar or so more but well worth it. Stouffers Skillets People think we have it bad, go overseas and see what selections are in the grocers, we have a bloody potpurri in the mega stores, I was in one with someone in their first time here...she went absolutely nuts. "This does it, I am moving to America." Mums neighbor, same way, from England been here 16 years. My neices husband, same way...wont go back. "But why would you need such a large selection, you can make anything and a simple diet is better" "Hmmmm, one excuse is as good as the other." :o God do I ramble, Manders are we related?

I love Japanesse food, especially sushi. Loads of fun going to a sushi restaurant with a group of friends and ordering a variety of stuff off the menu.

I also love Indian food. I should have married a woman from India, the food is so good. Vegetarian Indian is a favorite.

French food is also very good. Thai is also good.

After discovering Japanesse and Thia, I never eat Chinese food anymore.

I'd been eating like crap because when I work the night shift at work, I don't get enough time to find something good for me to eat. We have these microwaves that take 15 minutes to cook anything, and the only food we can prepare is something that can be microwaved...etc., etc., etc., it's a vicious cycle. Both me and my co-worker weren't feeling well last night because we'd eaten shit for dinner for the past five days in a row.

Beleive it or not--there's really nothing to eat for a lunch break in a grocery store...we get used to eating the same thing over and over and over again--and we get sick of it.

Hmmm...reading a few posts I'm getting hungry.

I used to like eggplant, now it makes me want to vomit at the mere thought of that slimy sh&*. CACA!!

However... talk of pizza has me thinkin' ummmm I have a frozen pizza in the freezer I may cook very, very soon. :P

I hope you get better FK!

I love Japanesse food, especially sushi. Loads of fun going to a sushi restaurant with a group of friends and ordering a variety of stuff off the menu.

I also love Indian food. I should have married a woman from India, the food is so good. Vegetarian Indian is a favorite.

French food is also very good. Thai is also good.

After discovering Japanesse and Thia, I never eat Chinese food anymore.

I love Japanese food too, slurp slurp. Well besides when some dimmer with a spatula thinks he will impress upon my silk with tossing food at me. I dont like food fights, I use chairs and bottles lol.

Hmmm...reading a few posts I'm getting hungry.

I used to like eggplant, now it makes me want to vomit at the mere thought of that slimy sh&*. CACA!!

However... talk of pizza has me thinkin' ummmm I have a frozen pizza in the freezer I may cook very, very soon. :P

I hope you get better FK!

I love Eggplat Parmesiana, unless they overcook it. Thats one problem here in the states though, they tend to overcook everything. I mean come on now, every bug/germ under the sun isnt gonna take out a restaurant and all.

Shad :P w

PS Now I am hungry, MANDERS DARN YOU...

I had shrimp and a baked potato for dinner. Not the stir fry I said I was going to do because I got distracted earlier and wasn't home to take chicken out of the freezer.

Heres an odd combination for you. Just had Dirty Rice/Pork we Town House Crackers. I think Fresh Grapes and Mangos will be the topper :blink:

Toil toil in the kitchen arrrrgggg which chair to toss?

Shad :o w

Archived