Food

zoso13zeppelin

I've been a vegetarian for several years, not a strict one as I still eat dairy products and eggs. But I'm perfectly okay with people who eat meat and don't attack anyone who does it and if people attack me for being a vegetarian I usually laugh at them for wasting their energy. :) However, my favorite food is vegetarian pizza, especially self-made :wub:

I've been a vegetarian for several years, not a strict one as I still eat dairy products and eggs. But I'm perfectly okay with people who eat meat and don't attack anyone who does it and if people attack me for being a vegetarian I usually laugh at them for wasting their energy. :) However, my favorite food is vegetarian pizza, especially self-made :wub:

Traitor.

~666

regarding the topic of this thread, is that something to eat? :D

Are you a cosmetically acceptable female of rutting age?

If that can be answered in the affirmative, I may be willing to jump the fence on the whole "Meat Eating" thing ...

In which case "Traitor" (that would be YOU) is a perfectly acceptable means of "nourishment"; and consistent regarding the topic of this thread.

natch.

~666

Hey Blue! I'm also one who doesn't eat meat. I do eat cheese, and egg (beaters). And speaking of vegetarian pizza? Although I'm not much of a pizza person, I was craving a veggie pizza last nite. So I threw away my lady-like manners and ate a whole medium veggie pizza all by my lonesome self. I ate the whole thing. And I loved every bite. I ordered extra cheese and pineapple too.

I'll admit, I didn't eat all the surrounding crust because thats just too filling, but for the most part, I ate most of it. ---insert embarrassed icon here)

Hey Blue! I'm also one who doesn't eat meat. I do eat cheese, and egg (beaters). And speaking of vegetarian pizza? Although I'm not much of a pizza person, I was craving a veggie pizza last nite. So I threw away my lady-like manners and ate a whole medium veggie pizza all by my lonesome self. I ate the whole thing. And I loved every bite. I ordered extra cheese and pineapple too.

I'll admit, I didn't eat all the surrounding crust because thats just too filling, but for the most part, I ate most of it. ---insert embarrassed icon here)

Cranberry Kir Royale Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Show: Tyler's Ultimate

Episode: Ultimate Dinner Party

2 cups frozen cranberries, plus 1/2 cup for garnish

1/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons orange juice

1 teaspoon orange zest

1 bottle Champagne

Add cranberries, orange juice, zest and sugar to a large pan and set over medium heat until berries break-down slightly and liquid is syrupy, 12 to 15 minutes. *Pour into a blender and process, be careful of the hot liquid expanding when you blend - use a towel over the top of the blender.

Strain and discard any solids then set aside and cool.

Pour 2 tablespoons of cranberry-orange syrup into the bottoms of 4 chilled champagne glasses. Add a few cranberries to each glass and gently top off each glass with Champagne.

*When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.

foodnetwork.com/food/recipe/christmas

Cranberry Kir Royale Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence

Show: Tyler's Ultimate

Episode: Ultimate Dinner Party

2 cups frozen cranberries, plus 1/2 cup for garnish

1/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons orange juice

1 teaspoon orange zest

1 bottle Champagne

Add cranberries, orange juice, zest and sugar to a large pan and set over medium heat until berries break-down slightly and liquid is syrupy, 12 to 15 minutes. *Pour into a blender and process, be careful of the hot liquid expanding when you blend - use a towel over the top of the blender.

Strain and discard any solids then set aside and cool.

Pour 2 tablespoons of cranberry-orange syrup into the bottoms of 4 chilled champagne glasses. Add a few cranberries to each glass and gently top off each glass with Champagne.

*When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.

foodnetwork.com/food/recipe/christmas

That sounds good!! I love champagne.....

Getting ready to frost and decorate sugar cookies.....

That sounds good!! I love champagne.....

Getting ready to frost and decorate sugar cookies.....

Royal icing is very versatile. It is pure white and dries very hard, so it is perfect for making flowers and bows and delicate piped work. It can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks. You should stir the icing to restore its original consistency after storage, but do not rebeat. Royal icing does not work well in high humidity.

5 tablespoons meringue powder (found in cake decorating stores)

1/2 cup minus 2 tablespoons water

OR

2 egg whites*, at room temperature

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

2 teaspoons water

1 pound confectioners' sugar

Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat slowly until they are all blended. Then beat at medium speed until the icing forms stiff peaks, about 5 minutes. Add more sugar if the icing is not stiff enough, or a few drops of water if it is too stiff. Use immediately or cover the bowl with a damp cloth to prevent drying when not in use. Allow at least 24 hours for royal icing decorations to dry, at room temperature.

*RAW EGG WARNING

Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.

Royal icing is very versatile. It is pure white and dries very hard, so it is perfect for making flowers and bows and delicate piped work. It can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks. You should stir the icing to restore its original consistency after storage, but do not rebeat. Royal icing does not work well in high humidity.

5 tablespoons meringue powder (found in cake decorating stores)

1/2 cup minus 2 tablespoons water

OR

2 egg whites*, at room temperature

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

2 teaspoons water

1 pound confectioners' sugar

Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat slowly until they are all blended. Then beat at medium speed until the icing forms stiff peaks, about 5 minutes. Add more sugar if the icing is not stiff enough, or a few drops of water if it is too stiff. Use immediately or cover the bowl with a damp cloth to prevent drying when not in use. Allow at least 24 hours for royal icing decorations to dry, at room temperature.

*RAW EGG WARNING

Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.

Well...It ended up being a can of vanilla frosting... :P

Sandra Lee would be most proud of me... :lol:

Archived