Jimmy Page Eyes

It's the story of an unconfirmed (tho possible/probable) personal encounter with Jimmy Page in an unexpected place.

Not to rain on the guys parade, but Jimmy wasn't on tour in 1989 and was, in all likelihood, at his home in England. It's also highly unlikely that Page would go unnoticed on a beach with a guitar in his hands. The guy admits he was drinking heavily... for several month's... I think your answer lies in that admission...

Sorry, there is no evidence to support Jimmy Page visited the United States in 1989. He

and his wife Patricia were raising their son James at home in England at the time. When

he did come to the US in '90 it was limited to studio work in New York and visiting with

her family in Louisiana.

Sorry Steve - I am as sceptical as anyone about this story and being polite to the guy - but I'm afraid even you and your archives don't know ALL of Jimmy's movements ,and sitting on a beach at 4 am or not, if he had wanted to be in San Diego in 1989 he could very very easily have done it WITHOUT your knowledge.

I find that hard to beLIEve JP- incognito, would be playing on a SD beach at 4am. :slapface: My Mom had the same color eyes as JP, I don't go around saying my Mom was Jimmy Page! :rolleyes:<_<

Hey, the guy wasn't lying about anything--he wasn't claiming it was Jimmy, he was just saying it was a cool experience and wondering if it could really have been him, which is a long way from claiming it was. Calling him a liar is way out of line.

Fair enough, but if he ever does so he ought be grounded! :lol:

Certainly Third Eye would have been there to capture this on tape! :hysterical:

For what it is worth, I had a Navy buddy who was bar hopping while in Galveston Texas (1986/87 ish). When he grabbed his drink from the bar and turned he realized he stepped on someone's foot. He wanted to apologize, but when he realized it was Jimmy Page, all he could do was gape. This "Jimmy" also put his fingers to his lips and said shhhshh. I was at another Naval Base and I got a call from my buddy who said "Guess whose foot I just stepped on" and "Noone will ever believe me, but stepping on Jimmy's foot is way better than an autograph".

I am FAR more open to believe that it was Jimmy on a beach in San Diego than that Steve knows every trip Jimmy has ever taken in his life. :wacko: The latter idea is much more likely to reduce me to hysterical laughter.

I'm sure people wouldn't have believed that my mate bumped into Jimmy waiting for his bus at Victoria Coach Station in the early 80s if he didn't have a photo to prove it.

Sorry, there is no evidence to support Jimmy Page visited the United States in 1989. He

and his wife Patricia were raising their son James at home in England at the time. When

he did come to the US in '90 it was limited to studio work in New York and visiting with

her family in Louisiana.

Who says Jimmy Page can't be two places at once?

I just posted this to my blog and wanted to share:

http://sjones.prblogs.org/2009/04/08/jimmy-page-eyes/

It's the story of an unconfirmed (tho possible/probable) personal encounter with Jimmy Page in an unexpected place.

Please check it out.

Thanks,

Scott

For what it is worth, I had a Navy buddy who was bar hopping while in Galveston Texas (1986/87 ish). When he grabbed his drink from the bar and turned he realized he stepped on someone's foot. He wanted to apologize, but when he realized it was Jimmy Page, all he could do was gape. This "Jimmy" also put his fingers to his lips and said shhhshh. I was at another Naval Base and I got a call from my buddy who said "Guess whose foot I just stepped on" and "Noone will ever believe me, but stepping on Jimmy's foot is way better than an autograph".

Aewsome!! I'm soo jealous B)

• 1 year later...

I was born in Galveston, Texas on November 4, 1970. I would really like this encounter to be true because I have always wondered if Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page had ever been to to Galveston Island. As a matter of fact, I was in Galveston last weekend (2/18-2/21, 2011) for my Grandmothers 90th birthday Celebration (day). For those of you unaware of Galveston Island, Texas, it was and is a very popular seaside town about 50+ miles from downtown Houston. The island does have many, many bars and clubs in the 'historic' Strand section and many more bars on the main "Seawall" boulevard.

By the way, the 1900 hurricane that hit Galveston Island still stands as the worst natural disaster in American history. I am very proud to say that I was born on an island in the United States of America. Not Hawaii or Manhattan but Galveston Island.

I was born in Galveston, Texas on November 4, 1970. I would really like this encounter to be true because I have always wondered if Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page had ever been to to Galveston Island. As a matter of fact, I was in Galveston last weekend (2/18-2/21, 2011) for my Grandmothers 90th birthday Celebration (day). For those of you unaware of Galveston Island, Texas, it was and is a very popular seaside town about 50+ miles from downtown Houston. The island does have many, many bars and clubs in the 'historic' Strand section and many more bars on the main "Seawall" boulevard.

By the way, the 1900 hurricane that hit Galveston Island still stands as the worst natural disaster in American history. I am very proud to say that I was born on an island in the United States of America. Not Hawaii or Manhattan but Galveston Island.

Unlike the '89 San Diego encounter it's quite plausible as he played nearby at The Summit in Houston (May 19 1986). The day before and the day after were days off. It remains unconfirmed but I hope to find or receive some substantiation in due course.

• 2 years later...

Archived