The Hair Thread

zoso13zeppelin

For a long time I hated having to do anything with my hair and kept it about shoulder length. I also got bangs back in August, which I immediately hated and have been struggling with for the past few months. They've finally grown out, though.

I'm letting it grow, for now. I also haven't coloured it since my unfortunate run-in with highlights back in seventh grade, so it's just my natural colour (dark brown) for now.

I hate my hair. The older I get the more it has a mind of it's own and doesn't do what I want it to. I'd like to cut it but I'm not allowed.

My pic is in my profile if anyone wants to laugh at my stupid hair.

my hair still looks good from my dad's shiny gray hair shampoo :lol:

im currently sporting the 'corpse' look: really really pale skin (like i think i look like printer paper), really dark hair, almost black-looking lately, and dark lips… essentially, corpse-like

Me too! My skin is so so so pale (well I have freckles) and my hair is almost black :blink: And my lips are pretty dark too. We have this corpse look in common :lol:

Me too! My skin is so so so pale (well I have freckles) and my hair is almost black :blink: And my lips are pretty dark too. We have this corpse look in common :lol:

i used to have freckles, but i dont anymore! just printer paper skin and dark lips…and my superdark hair :lol:

the corpse continues today…

I've got long, wavy, dark hair.

Before 14, it was straight. After that, it went curly and spirally.

Family members whom I've not seen for a while ask me if I've permed it. They can't believe your hair can develop curls after 14 years of being straight.

Mine is the same color Jimmy's used to be, but I suspect that in a couple of years' time it will be the same color his is now. I got the first white streak when I was sixteen, and it's been gradually going from there. My father's mother was completely gray by the time she was forty, I might last a couple of years longer. (Of course, if mine looks half as good as Jimmy Page's, I will be one happy camper.)

And yeah, technically I could dye it, but I also perm for curl. If I started doing both there's a very good chance I'd end up looking like Jason Bonham. My hair is about as fine as cobwebs.

(And Jason looks awesome, BTW, but I don't think his look would work for me.....)

2 things:

1: Why is there a bewildering amount of choice as to what hair product to use? Honestly, as a man - all I want is something non-corrosive and cheap. Choosing a hair product is truly a chore. I hate it.

2: I am actually receding. It's horrible. I haven't had a hair cut in 5 months, and I like my long hair, but having thought I'd gone some way to disguising the fact that, at 25, I was receding, someone actually said they could tell. Obviously. You do not say that to a man, unless you want to crush him.

That is all.

2 things:

1: Why is there a bewildering amount of choice as to what hair product to use? Honestly, as a man - all I want is something non-corrosive and cheap. Choosing a hair product is truly a chore. I hate it.

2: I am actually receding. It's horrible. I haven't had a hair cut in 5 months, and I like my long hair, but having thought I'd gone some way to disguising the fact that, at 25, I was receding, someone actually said they could tell. Obviously. You do not say that to a man, unless you want to crush him.

That is all.

lol I use vo5...whatever variety I happen to pick up(kinda partial to the orange/grapefruit stuff tho) $.99 a bottle and I use aussie 3 minute miracle once a month or so(sometimes less..I don't use it at all until my hair starts creeping towards my waist tho)

It's sexy...Well, it can be. What's even more sexy is self-confidence - so don't let it bring you down! :)

Archived