What if?

What if Robert and Allison got together with Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason? Wouldn`t everyone be happy then?

.....any place, any time, to see Jimmy is a happy moment...but God of Gods...so few granted.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not me....I wouldn't want them turning into bluegrass freaks as well.

Plant is now a a "bluegrass freak"? Last time I listened to it I didn't detect a note of bluegrass on Raising Sand. Jones has worked with Uncle Earl, Sara Watkins and Chris Thile of Nickel Creek and has jammed with the likes of the Duhks at festivals such as Bonnaroo and MerleFest, is he too now a "bluegrass freak"?

Alison could do the back up vocals on BOE and other acoustic songs.

Actually, why dont they all do an acoustic only tour, except for the encore they either do dazed or whole lotta and since ive been lovin you

:D

no its a stupid idea, itd never happen :slapface::unsure:

I think it's a great idea, and I wish it'd happen but I don't think it will. She could do backing on BOE. When I saw P/K they performed BOE and it was fantastic.

its over there is no more led zeppelin there is no john bonham period jason is good but you can really tell the difference i was at show in london there were no drum rolls at end of songs they were good but it wasnt zeppelin until last 3 songs

Plant is now a a "bluegrass freak"? Last time I listened to it I didn't detect a note of bluegrass on Raising Sand.

I keep hearing it referred to as bluegrass, but it seems too restrained for what I'd consider that type of music?

I keep hearing it referred to as bluegrass, but it seems too restrained for what I'd consider that type of music?

When I listen to Raising Sand I don't exactly mistake it for Flatt & Scruggs or Bill Monroe and his Bluegrass Boys if that's what you mean. Which just goes to show the people saying it's a bluegrass album either haven't actually listened to it or don't have a clue as to what bluegrass is (or both). They're read that Alison Krauss has a background in bluegrass and are basing their assumptions on that. If anything, Raising Sand reminds me most of something like Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball which also didn't have a hint of country or bluegrass to it, it was a whole new sound (at least for her).

Maybe we should switch this up a little. Jimmy and Jonesy should be looking at American idol for a new singer. Did you guys see that guy rip it up on "Whole lotta love"?

Surely that would be a sign of the apocalypse. Not to mention, Jones made it clear they weren't looking for a Plant soundalike. Even more substantial is that entire project is apparently off.

They don`t need a Plant sound a like. They just need someone with some talent to play with the talent of Jimmy/Jonesy/Jason.

No they don't....."Some" talent?......Jimmy Page is a Perfectionist....Led Zeppelin's Legacy is far too important...in reality, they need someone who could match the Originality the very least, but to surpass it...well, this would be a dream of dreams, and another +++++ for Page....and OH, I wish.... :D :D

Archived