THE HEART THREAD!

• 4 months later...

At the request of a very dear friend, I am writing a brief review of the first show of their 2013 Fanatic Tour. It kicked off at The Hanover Theatre in Worcester, MA on Friday, January 25th. Getting tickets at the last minute worked out well as we got seats in the orchestra section.

I have always been a fan but have never seen them. A couple people at work gave me some jazz saying things like, 'um, they are like 150 years old' hahaha.

The joke was on them.

They played for 90 minutes and I found myself completely mesmerized. At several times I had goosebumps listening to Ann hit those notes we all know and love. Their band is in a word, TIGHT. And let me just tell you, Nancy can REALLY play her guitar and a mandolin. The opening to 'Crazy on You' made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

'Dreamboat Annie' was a highlight as it was 'The first song we felt comfortable with singing in public-for our parents'. It really showed their collaborative abilities and gave Ann a chance to play her flute.

'Alone' made me cry, not only because I love the song and all it means, but Ann's voice shook the chandelier. ;)

Ann prefaced the song 'Dear old America' with a verbal tribute to their Dad, a retired Marine. That was really cool, and I need to learn more about its meaning.

'Magic Man', 'Barracuda', and 'Even it Up', were fantastic! I swore if I closed my eyes I would think it was the record. That's how good they are.

'These Dreams' was beautiful, and Nancy is still hot with that strawberry blonde hair and long legs. She must do yoga because she can still kick like a Rockette.

Their finale was....

Wait for it....

'Black Dog'!!

Yowza. Goosebumps again.

I'm telling you gang, GO see them. My husband is the biggest meanest Doubting Thomas you will ever meet and even he couldnt stop nudging me with approval and the occasional 'wow'.

The only negative thing I have to say is on the matter of Ann's wardrobe for the evening. WTF! Tuxedo jacket, which is fine, a dress that looked literally like a drape with this weird print on it that did not flatter her at all, sand colored UGGS with some funky argyle type pattern socks underneath. When I wear UGGS I don't wear socks, do you? Anyway, not important, just thought I'd share. Wonder what Ms Rivers would say?! Haha.

So there you have it.

Ladies, you totally rocked it.

• 1 month later...

At the request of a very dear friend, I am writing a brief review of the first show of their 2013 Fanatic Tour. It kicked off at The Hanover Theatre in Worcester, MA on Friday, January 25th. Getting tickets at the last minute worked out well as we got seats in the orchestra section.

I have always been a fan but have never seen them. A couple people at work gave me some jazz saying things like, 'um, they are like 150 years old' hahaha.

The joke was on them.

They played for 90 minutes and I found myself completely mesmerized. At several times I had goosebumps listening to Ann hit those notes we all know and love. Their band is in a word, TIGHT. And let me just tell you, Nancy can REALLY play her guitar and a mandolin. The opening to 'Crazy on You' made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

'Dreamboat Annie' was a highlight as it was 'The first song we felt comfortable with singing in public-for our parents'. It really showed their collaborative abilities and gave Ann a chance to play her flute.

'Alone' made me cry, not only because I love the song and all it means, but Ann's voice shook the chandelier. ;)

Ann prefaced the song 'Dear old America' with a verbal tribute to their Dad, a retired Marine. That was really cool, and I need to learn more about its meaning.

'Magic Man', 'Barracuda', and 'Even it Up', were fantastic! I swore if I closed my eyes I would think it was the record. That's how good they are.

'These Dreams' was beautiful, and Nancy is still hot with that strawberry blonde hair and long legs. She must do yoga because she can still kick like a Rockette.

Their finale was....

Wait for it....

'Black Dog'!!

Yowza. Goosebumps again.

I'm telling you gang, GO see them. My husband is the biggest meanest Doubting Thomas you will ever meet and even he couldnt stop nudging me with approval and the occasional 'wow'.

The only negative thing I have to say is on the matter of Ann's wardrobe for the evening. WTF! Tuxedo jacket, which is fine, a dress that looked literally like a drape with this weird print on it that did not flatter her at all, sand colored UGGS with some funky argyle type pattern socks underneath. When I wear UGGS I don't wear socks, do you? Anyway, not important, just thought I'd share. Wonder what Ms Rivers would say?! Haha.

So there you have it.

Saw them last night and totally agree with your review. They were amazing live. I can't get over Ann's rocking voice. The song "Alone" gave me chills. They played Black Dog and Rain on me by the Who for encores.Simon Townsend, the opening act joined them on stage. Was hoping for Stairway but not so. Would like to see them with Jason Bonham this summer.

Edited by gettinggold

The joke was on them.

Their finale was....

Wait for it....

'Black Dog'!!

Yowza. Goosebumps again.

So there you have it.

Ok, you've sold me on giving them another chance. Thanks for writing the review! :thumbsup:

Ok, you've sold me on giving them another chance. Thanks for writing the review! :thumbsup:

I love Heart. Definitely one of the best shows I saw in late 1980, or 1981? It was the Bebe LeStrange Tour and they simply set the place on fire. No female brings the energy and power to a vocal performance like Ms. Ann Wilson! I have a special place in my Heart for their Dog and Butterfly album. Give them another shot strider....I think you'll be pleased. :)

Why aren't these you/tube clips opening up??

Is anyone else that is an IE user having this problem?

This is not happening anywhere but this site. Thanks, Missy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fantastic! Ann Wilson sounded incredible and Nancy was HOT - she looks and plays amazing for a lady who has been out on tour for 40 years! Lots of energy on a very warm evening. They opened with "Barracuda", played all the hits (except "If Looks Could Kill") and then did a 6 Zep song set with Jason and his guitarist. "Battle.." with Ann and Nancy by themselves was the best! They also did TSRTS/TRS, The Ocean, Kashmir and finished with Stairway accompanied with a choir. I hadn't had the chance to see them before for various reasons, but if you or anyone else has a chance to catch this tour, you should. Show began shortly after 7:30 and ended right at 11. Short break between JBLZE/Heart, otherwise constant kick-ass music! :thumbsup:

That's awesome AS! Plus look how cheap the tickets are for that show! If the music wasn't reason enough...the benefit aspect should fill the place! Are you planning on catching the show up there, Kev?

That's awesome AS! Plus look how cheap the tickets are for that show! If the music wasn't reason enough...the benefit aspect should fill the place! Are you planning on catching the show up there, Kev?

I'd love to Bro,however,....long haul from Chez Kev to the concert.

Fantastic! Ann Wilson sounded incredible and Nancy was HOT - she looks and plays amazing for a lady who has been out on tour for 40 years! Lots of energy on a very warm evening. They opened with "Barracuda", played all the hits (except "If Looks Could Kill") and then did a 6 Zep song set with Jason and his guitarist. "Battle.." with Ann and Nancy by themselves was the best! They also did TSRTS/TRS, The Ocean, Kashmir and finished with Stairway accompanied with a choir. I hadn't had the chance to see them before for various reasons, but if you or anyone else has a chance to catch this tour, you should. Show began shortly after 7:30 and ended right at 11. Short break between JBLZE/Heart, otherwise constant kick-ass music! :thumbsup:

Right?!

So glad I got to see them this year!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished watching this new Heart interview that aired on 10/20 on AXS TV. They spent about 5 minutes toward the end talking about the Kennedy Center event and their respect for Led Zeppelin. Great interview all around:-)

Deb, any info on how long before the whole interview ends up online, if at all? I tried to find it, but no luck and I would SO love to see it! Thanks for posting :)