Atom Egoyan Meets Jimmy Page

wholelottajimmy

Atom Egoyan, probably better known in Canada, but nevertheless an internationally respected director and film maker talks about meeting Jimmy Page three months ago. He says he's never broken down before, but hey, this is Jimmy Page. Wow, but no surprise. An encounter with Jimmy Page is an truly an emotional experience and beyond words. Hearing it from him, well, check it out. It's pretty cool.

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/videos.html?id=1116941197

Thanks for posting that, the Zep part was quite funny, and I enjoyed the interview. He's obviously still very much a fan! :lol: Although I love movies, I haven't followed up on Egoyan's work over the years, and so this serves as a sort of reminder. I did see Exotica and The Sweet Hereafter, both of which are wonderful movies.

Wait...Jimmy was in LA 3 MONTHS AGO?! :'(

Atom Egoyan talks about the loss of Liam Neeson's wife. Natasha Richardson passed away two months ago. And then they completed the film, another month?, that would still be three to four months ago (but I'm sure the taping is pretty current).

Was he was there for a new project? OK, more food for thought. Or, maybe it was related to his new movie although that's pretty much been promoted by now. Hmmm, mystery.

Well, regardless of the exact time, my point is I would rather know he's in my town before the fact, not after. Interestingly, Halfin was in LA in February (3 months ago), but he made no mention of being with Jimmy (which is next to unbelievable, had he been travelling with Jimmy). Oh well. Another time, maybe.

Thanks for posting this Wholelottajimmy! Very interesting, but I have a problem with the fact that they seemed to think the Song Remains the Same movie was crap! Oh well, its their opinion I guess.

Thanks for posting this Wholelottajimmy! Very interesting, but I have a problem with the fact that they seemed to think the Song Remains the Same movie was crap! Oh well, its their opinion I guess.

He might have been wearing his director's cap instead of fan cap in his current assessment of the movie. I betcha he loved it when he was a teenager

You're welcome. I should have provided a warning to start watching around the 6 minute mark.

I was a little surprised when he said that too. I think you can hear some mumblings in the audience, maybe they had the same reaction.

For me, I love the movie, but in some parts, I wish they had kept the concert footage, like Rain Song. It kills me not to see that version played out. But, I guess the story goes that some of the footage was lost and replaced with the fantasy scenes.

Atom Egoyan, probably better known in Canada, but nevertheless an internationally respected director and film maker talks about meeting Jimmy Page three months ago. He says he's never broken down before, but hey, this is Jimmy Page. Wow, but no surprise. An encounter with Jimmy Page is an truly an emotional experience and beyond words. Hearing it from him, well, check it out. It's pretty cool.

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/videos.html?id=1116941197

He begins talking about Page & Zep around 6:45 into the clip.

For me, I love the movie, but in some parts, I wish they had kept the concert footage, like Rain Song. It kills me not to see that version played out. But, I guess the story goes that some of the footage was lost and replaced with the fantasy scenes.

I don't believe that the footage was lost or wasn't captured on film during the concert.

I think that the re-shoot segments were done for cinematic effect by the director who replaced Joe Massot, and the band bought into it. Now, I'm not refering to the fantasy segments, I'm refering to the live vs Sheppards studio insert editing.

The fantasy sequences had to be the bands idea, but not because there was missing footage, there was too many cameras rolling to miss gaps that were that long, no way.

I don't believe that the footage was lost or wasn't captured on film during the concert.

I think that the re-shoot segments were done for cinematic effect by the director who replaced Joe Massot, and the band bought into it. Now, I'm not refering to the fantasy segments, I'm refering to the live vs Sheppards studio insert editing.

The fantasy sequences had to be the bands idea, but not because there was missing footage, there was too many cameras rolling to miss gaps that were that long, no way.

Agreed. The fantasy sequences were meant to be there.

I always assumed the fantasy sequences were planned and filmed around the time they filmed the concert sequences.

Okay, so honeslty ... where is this footage because I would give anything to see it. Last minute of this song, Jimmy, head in the clouds, guitar pick in his mouth ... does anyone know where else this footage exits? Someone once suggested Jimmy probably has a secret vault of film unreleased?

What's he talking about when he mentions "everyone signed" the beachball that was being bounced around? Does he mean the members of the band?

This Atom guy is a hoot....the guy his parents allowed him to go to the concert with, the son of their good friends, was the biggest drug dealer on west coast! LOL And I'm wondering about the beachball thingy too. Surely not the band members or he would have said so, don't you think? Maybe signed by a roadie or two?

This Atom guy is a hoot....the guy his parents allowed him to go to the concert with, the son of their good friends, was the biggest drug dealer on west coast! LOL And I'm wondering about the beachball thingy too. Surely not the band members or he would have said so, don't you think? Maybe signed by a roadie or two?

Nowaday's, everybody in town over the age of 40, claims to have seen the band. Gotta laugh at some of the stuff you hear

Archived