Songs that make you melt into the seat of your car...

Zepaholic

My all time favorite song that i played on my ride home from work last night, "Ripples" Genesis. Some others: "Echoes" and "Sheep" Pink Floyd, "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and "In The Light"... Led Zep, "New York City Serenade" and "Jungleland" Bruce, "One" and "So Cruel", U2, "The Long and Winding Road" and "I Want You" The Beatles, "Mind Games" John Lennon, "Layla" Derek and the Dominos, "A Letter To Elise" and "Pictures of You", The Cure, "Memory Motel" and "She's A Rainbow" The Stones, "Starship Trooper" YES........................

You know, after a wicked day...good or bad. The sun is setting, you're feeling moody and need something takes you to another place entirely.

Here is one that destroy's me every time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg4KMEg34Jc

How's it going "Zepaholic?" There are so many songs that come to mind that mean so much to me and have special meaning. I'll just name a few as follows:

Isn't It A pity - GEORGE HARRSON

Let It Down - GEORGE HARRISON

Beware Of Darkness - GEORGE HARRISON

All Things Must Pass - GEORGE HARRISON

Imagine - JOHN LENNON

One - U2

Separate Ways - ELVIS PRESLEY

Always On My Mind - ELVIS PRESLEY

Time Waits For No One - THE ROLLING STONES

Wild Horses - THE ROLLING STONES

Jumping At Shadows - FLEETWOOD MAC

Landslide - FLEETWOOD MAC

Waiting On A Friend - THE ROLLING STONES

Forever - THE BEACH BOYS

All Alone - DENNIS WILSON

God Only Knows - THE BEACH BOYS

Surf's Up - THE BEACH BOYS

In My Life - THE BEATLES

Let It Be - THE BEATLES

Something - THE BEATLES

Eye In The Sky - THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT

Mother - PINK FLOYD

Hey You - PINK FLOYD

Comfortably Numb - PINK FLOYD

Angel - JIMI HENDRIX

The Wind Cries Mary - JIMI HENDRIX

Desperado - THE EAGLES

Hotel California - THE EAGLES

Life's Been Good - JOE WALSH

My Love - PAUL MCCARTNEY

Live And Let Die - PAUL MCCARTNEY

My Way - FRANK SINATRA

Still In Love With You - THIN LIZZY

What's Going On - Marvin Gaye

Changes - BLACK SABBATH

Beth - KISS

Freebird - LYNYRD SKYNYRD

Simple Man - LYNYRD SKYNYRD

Dust In The Wind - KANSAS

Born To Run - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

Hungry Heart - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

Rockin' Heaven Down - HEART

Dog & Butterfly - HEART

Mistral Wind - HEART

The Rain Song - LED ZEPPELIN

Ten Years Gone - LED ZEPPELIN

No Quarter - LED ZEPPELIN

Love Reign O'er Me - THE WHO

Trust Me - JANIS JOPLIN

Me & Bobbie McGee - JANIS JOPLIN

Its Too Late - CAROLE KING

Love Hurts - NAZARETH

California Dreamin' - THE MAMA'S & THE PAPA'S

Lights - JOURNEY

Faithfully - JOURNEY

Have I Told You lately - VAN MORRISON

Into The Mystic - VAN MORRISON

Cocaine - ERIC CLAPTON

Wonderful Tonight - ERIC CLAPTON

I have many more songs that comes to mind and are too many to list. I feel confident that many of you have many songs to list, I would like to read your lists. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

My all time favorite song that i played on my ride home from work last night, "Ripples" Genesis. Some others: "Echoes" and "Sheep" Pink Floyd, "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and "In The Light"... Led Zep, "New York City Serenade" and "Jungleland" Bruce, "One" and "So Cruel", U2, "The Long and Winding Road" and "I Want You" The Beatles, "Mind Games" John Lennon, "Layla" Derek and the Dominos, "A Letter To Elise" and "Pictures of You", The Cure, "Memory Motel" and "She's A Rainbow" The Stones, "Starship Trooper" YES........................

Hi "~tangerine~!" How are you and your family doing? You never cease to amaze me! You have a very interesting list, I would like to add more BEATLES to your list such as: Here There And Everywhere, For No One and Good Day Sunshine. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Zepaholic?" There are so many songs that come to mind that mean so much to me and have special meaning. I'll just name a few as follows:

Isn't It A pity - GEORGE HARRSON

Let It Down - GEORGE HARRISON

Beware Of Darkness - GEORGE HARRISON

All Things Must Pass - GEORGE HARRISON

Imagine - JOHN LENNON

One - U2

Separate Ways - ELVIS PRESLEY

Always On My Mind - ELVIS PRESLEY

Time Waits For No One - THE ROLLING STONES

Wild Horses - THE ROLLING STONES

Jumping At Shadows - FLEETWOOD MAC

Landslide - FLEETWOOD MAC

Waiting On A Friend - THE ROLLING STONES

Forever - THE BEACH BOYS

All Alone - DENNIS WILSON

God Only Knows - THE BEACH BOYS

Surf's Up - THE BEACH BOYS

In My Life - THE BEATLES

Let It Be - THE BEATLES

Something - THE BEATLES

Eye In The Sky - THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT

Mother - PINK FLOYD

Hey You - PINK FLOYD

Comfortably Numb - PINK FLOYD

Angel - JIMI HENDRIX

The Wind Cries Mary - JIMI HENDRIX

Desperado - THE EAGLES

Hotel California - THE EAGLES

Life's Been Good - JOE WALSH

My Love - PAUL MCCARTNEY

Live And Let Die - PAUL MCCARTNEY

My Way - FRANK SINATRA

Still In Love With You - THIN LIZZY

What's Going On - Marvin Gaye

Changes - BLACK SABBATH

Beth - KISS

Freebird - LYNYRD SKYNYRD

Simple Man - LYNYRD SKYNYRD

Dust In The Wind - KANSAS

Born To Run - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

Hungry Heart - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

Rockin' Heaven Down - HEART

Dog & Butterfly - HEART

Mistral Wind - HEART

The Rain Song - LED ZEPPELIN

Ten Years Gone - LED ZEPPELIN

No Quarter - LED ZEPPELIN

Love Reign O'er Me - THE WHO

Trust Me - JANIS JOPLIN

Me & Bobbie McGee - JANIS JOPLIN

Its Too Late - CAROLE KING

Love Hurts - NAZARETH

California Dreamin' - THE MAMA'S & THE PAPA'S

Lights - JOURNEY

Faithfully - JOURNEY

Have I Told You lately - VAN MORRISON

Into The Mystic - VAN MORRISON

Cocaine - ERIC CLAPTON

Wonderful Tonight - ERIC CLAPTON

I have many more songs that comes to mind and are too many to list. I feel confident that many of you have many songs to list, I would like to read your lists. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Wow That is one awesome list-my list is pretty much 1/2 of your :)

Although I would add to mine;

Paradise Walkways-Thin Lizzy

The Cinema show-Genesis

November Rain-Guns N' roses

Motley Crue-If I were to die tomorrow

Time-Pink Floyd

Beacuse-The Beatles

Summertime Blues-The Who

That's all I can think of right now.

Hi "~tangerine~!" How are you and your family doing? You never cease to amaze me! You have a very interesting list, I would like to add more BEATLES to your list such as: Here There And Everywhere, For No One and Good Day Sunshine. ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF, i hope you are doing well! Hope the family are doing great too! I literally have thousands of favorite songs and this type of question always makes it hard for me to use restraint. But i did, or i would have gone off the page, lol.

I loved your list. Interesting, i heard Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic" on the radio last night. Not a common song to hear on FM (at least not where i live).

The Beatles: well i'll let you add "For No One", very sad song that i adore. I don't have time now, but i will add to my list later on. I will throw in a few more Beatles, but one for you ZFF: "Across The Universe" :)

Wow That is one awesome list-my list is pretty much 1/2 of your :)

Although I would add to mine;

Paradise Walkways-Thin Lizzy

The Cinema show-Genesis

November Rain-Guns N' roses

Motley Crue-If I were to die tomorrow

Time-Pink Floyd

Beacuse-The Beatles

Summertime Blues-The Who

That's all I can think of right now.

How's it going "Jimmy's A Legend?" You have a pretty good selection! I would like to add these songs to your list such as:

Don't Cry - GUNS N' ROSES

Home Sweet Home - MOTLEY CRUE

Wish You Were Here - PINK FLOYD

I love the song "November Rain," it does bring back some memories for me. ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF, i hope you are doing well! Hope the family are doing great too! I literally have thousands of favorite songs and this type of question always makes it hard for me to use restraint. But i did, or i would have gone off the page, lol.

I loved your list. Interesting, i heard Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic" on the radio last night. Not a common song to hear on FM (at least not where i live).

The Beatles: well i'll let you add "For No One", very sad song that i adore. I don't have time now, but i will add to my list later on. I will throw in a few more Beatles, but one for you ZFF: "Across The Universe" :)

Why hello "~tangerine~!" I always look forward to reading your posts. I LOVE "Across The Universe!" I also love the JOHN LENNON songs "Oh My Love," "Jealous Guy," "Woman" and "Starting Over." These songs are very special to me. ROCK ON!

ZFF, that's quite the list....wow. Very happy to see Into The Mystic by Van Morrison on that list. One of the greatest songs ever written.

CHeers.

How's it going "Zepaholic?" Thanks! I have many many more songs to add to the list and I will add them soon. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Oh, man-GREAT topic! I'm thinking melty as in a gorgeous ballad, not so much hot & steamy.

The first ones I thought of were Plant's (the greatest melter of all time!). I have this weird thing-once I thought of him singing w/his lips a hair away from my right ear, & it gave me a head rush. Now every time I think of that it does. Just the right ear, just Plant. I know it's weird!

Song To The Siren

Darkness Darkness

Morning Dew

All The King's Horses

Dancing in Heaven

Ship of Fools

Big Log

Moonlight in Samosa

Come Into My Life

When I Was A Child

When the World Was Young

Blue Train

Heart in Your Hand

Rain Song

Thank You

Going to California

Since I've Been Loving you

What is and What Should Never Be

Lizz Wright: Wake Up Little Sparrow, Hit The Ground, Stop

John Trudell: Lucky Motel, Tina Smiled

Robbie Robertson: Unbound

Greg Brown: I Slept All Night By My Lover

Nanci Griffith (w/John Prine): Speed of the Sound of Loneliness

Beatles: Across the Universe, Let It Be, Because, Golden Slumbers

John Lennon: Nobody Loves You When You're Down & Out, Imagine, Mind Games, Love, #9 Dream

Bruce Cockburn: Pacing the Cage, One of The Best Ones

Mary Chapin Carpenter: 10,000 Miles

Kasey Chambers: Nullarbor Song, A Million Tears

Rickie Lee Jones: Sailor Song, Last Chance Texaco, others

Crowded House: Pour Le Monde, Heaven That I'm Making, A Sigh, English Trees,

You're The One To Make Me Cry, Don't Dream It's Over, Four Seasons in One Day, Into Temptation

Dead Can Dance/Brendan Perry: The Carnival is Over, Don't Fade Away, Medusa, others

Peter Gabriel: Don't Give Up, Mercy Street, Sky Blue, Without You

John Hiatt: Feels Like Rain, The River Knows Your Name, A Friend of Mine, Your Love is My Rest, God's Golden Eyes, Mile High, Something Broken, Rock of Your Love, Come Home To You, Have A Little Faith In Me

Hothouse Flowers: Saved

Al Jarreau: Something That You Said, Spain (intro)

Kansas: Dust in the Wind

Paolo Nutini: White Lies

Pink Floyd: Us & Them

Grace Potter: Falling or Flying, Ragged Company

Lucinda Williams: Lonely Girls

VAST: Don't Take Your Love Away From Me, Lost, Desert Garden

Sonny Landreth: A World Away, Falling For You, Let it Fly, Universe

Bobby Darin: I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, Bridge Over Troubled Water, If I Were A Carpenter

This could go on forever!

I forgot Joni Mitchell. A GREAT melter.

Unfortunately (for non musical reasons) I got depressed when I listened to her, so I sold my JM cds. One of my favorite songs of hers was Tin Angel. Another called Love was an amazing rendition of a bible verse ("although I speak in tounges of men & angels...).

A couple Joni Mitchell lines always remind me of Robert Plant:

"...do you tape them to your shoulders just to sing?" (That Song About The Midway)

"...a golden prince who's come, through columbines & wizardry, to talk of castles in the sun"

(Tin Angel)

It's odd that I don't like Allison Krauss's voice, because sometimes she reminds me of Joni Mitchell. It's too bad Robert never recorded w/Joni. I know he's a fan of hers. He still could, of course, but I don't like her voice now. She's is or was a smoker, and you can tell. I'm amazed Robert's voice still sounds so good, because he smoked too (I have no idea if he still does.). Not to mention all the LOUD singing!:)

I forgot Joni Mitchell. A GREAT melter.

Unfortunately (for non musical reasons) I got depressed when I listened to her, so I sold my JM cds. One of my favorite songs of hers was Tin Angel. Another called Love was an amazing rendition of a bible verse ("although I speak in tounges of men & angels...).

A couple Joni Mitchell lines always remind me of Robert Plant:

"...do you tape them to your shoulders just to sing?" (That Song About The Midway)

"...a golden prince who's come, through columbines & wizardry, to talk of castles in the sun"

(Tin Angel)

It's odd that I don't like Allison Krauss's voice, because sometimes she reminds me of Joni Mitchell. It's too bad Robert never recorded w/Joni. I know he's a fan of hers. He still could, of course, but I don't like her voice now. She's is or was a smoker, and you can tell. I'm amazed Robert's voice still sounds so good, because he smoked too (I have no idea if he still does.). Not to mention all the LOUD singing!:)

Tin Angel is a great song from a great album. I don't think Alison sounds anything like Joni - totally different styles but I love both their voices for different reasons. I don't think Robert smokes anymore btw.

Allman Brothers: Sweet Melissa, Ramblin' Man

Skynyrd: Simple Man, Freebird, Tuesday's Gone

CS&N: Wooden Ships, Carry On

DMB: Crush, Two Steps

Stones: You Can't Always Get What You Want, Sympathy for the Devil

Steely Dan: Deacon Blues, Reelin' in the Years

Pink Floyd: Time

Doors: Riders on the Storm, LA Woman

Jimi Hendrix: Hey Joe

And SIBLY goes without saying :)

Archived