Michael Jackson Appreciation Thread

Evster2012

Well to be fair, the fact his image got tarnished was his own fault. I wasn't a massive, massive fan of his music but he did a few songs I really liked and I too was hoping that maybe he'd seen the error of his ways and decided to put the freak show on hold, but it was not to be. The biggest problem he had was he surrounded himself with people afraid to say no. If he asked for a car made out of chocolate, someone would get it for him. If he had better people surrounding him, maybe a lot of his addictions would never have started or at least been fixed.

What's really sad is that in the wake of all his personal problems the last 15 or so years, all the good music and charity work he did was completely obfuscated.

Well to be fair, the fact his image got tarnished was his own fault. I wasn't a massive, massive fan of his music but he did a few songs I really liked and I too was hoping that maybe he'd seen the error of his ways and decided to put the freak show on hold, but it was not to be. The biggest problem he had was he surrounded himself with people afraid to say no. If he asked for a car made out of chocolate, someone would get it for him. If he had better people surrounding him, maybe a lot of his addictions would never have started or at least been fixed.

What's really sad is that in the wake of all his personal problems the last 15 or so years, all the good music and charity work he did was completely obfuscated.

Trouble was is that just like Elvis the "No" people went Bye-Bye!

But he did leave a legacy of music to last a millenia.

Well to be fair, the fact his image got tarnished was his own fault. The biggest problem he had was he surrounded himself with people afraid to say no. If he had better people surrounding him, maybe a lot of his addictions would never have started or at least been fixed.

Sad, but true. Personal problems aside, I am glad that people have been celebrating what great music he made and talent he had. That is undeniable.

Hi:

I have seen pictures of Michael's children without those masks...they are beautiful...I hope the best for them.

Juliet xo

PS This eve Larry King was broadcasting from NEVERLAND..I missed the 9 p.m show but it's usually repeated at midnight on CNN...

Edited by Juliet

Hi:

I have seen pictures of Michael's children without those masks...they are beautiful...I hope the best for them.

Juliet xo

PS This eve Larry King was broadcasting from NEVERLAND..I missed the 9 p.m show but it's usually repeated at midnight on CNN...

Those poor children! There is going to be a big battle over them, as they represent a means to vasts amounts of money to alot of people. I pray for the best outcome for them and for peace and love in their greiving.

They are beautiful.

I hate to say it, but, I believe that they were designer babies; probably conceived in a test tube from parents that Michael picked from pictures and dossiers about them. And Debbie was just the surrogate mother to the oldest two. There is no way that they are Michael Jackson's biological children. They do look like they could be Deborah Rowe's biological children, though, since they are fair skinned and blond. But if they are indeed her biological children, how could she abandon them like she did, with no contact, probably for a fortune?

I am surprised that this has not been discussed yet by the media, now that their faces have been revealed. There is no reason to reveal their ancestry in public as they are innocent parties to the spectacle surrounding Michael Jackson's life and death. But the media hounds are usually insensitive to whom they hurt in getting the scoop for their sensational stories, ala TMZ. I am surprised that they seem to be respecting the children's privacy and not pursuing it. But I bet there will be DNA testing to prove their parentage if Debbie Rowe contests the children's custody. And I would bet that neither party, Jackson family nor Rowe would want it revealed that the children do not have either"s DNA if that is the case. So I would expect the matter to be settled out of court, out of the public eye, again, for large sums of money, just to keep it quiet.

About the rehersal videos. Doesn't it seem obvious that he was lip synching the vocals? Maybe that was his modus operandi during rehearsals, to save his voice for the actual concert. Or maybe as has been speculated, he didn't have enough breath to sing due to the bad physical shape that he was in?

And he certainly didn't have his usual limber and precise dance moves. Of course, he is alot older than when he made music history with his dancing and singing, and thus not as lithe and limber, but he did seem to be struggling with it in these videos, just my opinion. But then again, he did not look to be on death's doorstep, either. So, in that light, I guess his performance was better than one would expect, considering that he passed away just a day later.

I am not trying to be disrespectful to his memory, just proposing some interesting topics that haven't been brought up yet to discuss.

I don't know why people say they loved MJ's music, but his person was a problem. I mean, I lived under the impression that he was such a gentle and carrying character, all those charities and helping children around the world even by talking with them and all those songs he wrote about love and peace and making the world a better place; all those things make me think he was a very good man inside.

^^^ That appears to be the smokin' shredder Orianthi, that performed with Carrie Underwood at the Grammys this year!

I would have paid to see that show!

Yeah I asked in another thread if that is Orianthi, the girl can really play.

And it would have been great to see her play with Michael. :(

Hello:

Wow..this story just gets sadder by the minute..I hope all the performers, roadies, managers etc who were to be part of the 02 gigs get some grief counselling..they must be heart broken that the "show won't go on"...all the work that must have gone into this show...just a real shame..

Juliet :(

Edited by Juliet

I don't know why people say they loved MJ's music, but his person was a problem.

Quite simple. I can respect his talent and appreciate what that talent produced, but I can't respect the person he allowed his hubris and celebrity to make of him. Whether you believe the speculations about molestation or not, the truth is Michael Jackson turned into a complete sideshow and never seemed to notice people were laughing at him, not with him. He became a drug addict (if all these stories are to be believed), he spent himself into hundreds of millions of dollars of debt and he physically took very poor care of himself.

I can't respect people who have such a natural god-given talent and then piss it away. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate what he was able to produce when he still had the talent.

The local Wal-Mart store today features the "MJ Ones" CD on the endpiece.

The regular CD section also has 3-4 times the number of "Ones" stocked as the "Essential" and "Dangerous" Cds. "Thriller" has the least amount. And that's it at Wal-Mart. No Jackson 5... but maybe those CDs were in a different place ? ?

Anyway, for a "Single" CD purchase, I may start with the Jackson 5 : The Ultimate Collection CD.

3b9f820dd7a0d47510e8c010.L.jpg

Edited by The Rover

Quite simple. I can respect his talent and appreciate what that talent produced, but I can't respect the person he allowed his hubris and celebrity to make of him. Whether you believe the speculations about molestation or not, the truth is Michael Jackson turned into a complete sideshow and never seemed to notice people were laughing at him, not with him. He became a drug addict (if all these stories are to be believed), he spent himself into hundreds of millions of dollars of debt and he physically took very poor care of himself.

I can't respect people who have such a natural god-given talent and then piss it away. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate what he was able to produce when he still had the talent.

I see it a bit different. Firstly, the drugs he took; he didn't want to get high or anything, but his health wasn't too good and he just wanted to make the pain go away and get some rest.

Secondly, being such an important figure in the music industry (and not only, he was one of the most popular people in the whole world), makes people want to use you. All those advisers he had, and the people who took care of his business and all, maybe they weren't really concerned about him. He probably had a different lifestyle, but he was swimming in money, come on, how much can you spend for God's sake?! Anyhow, some of his earnings went to charities and stuff like that. You know, I don't think he was a person who likes to spend and doesn't know when to say stop, I think part of it was just for creating that image for himself, cuz that's Michael Jackson, he's the greatest entertainer. You can't be MJ and spend like 5 bucks a day. It just wouldn't be right.

And then there are those people who just want to hurt because you're popular and stuff, like those policemen who put Michael in a room that smelled like hell and kept him there for 45 minutes just for fun. I think MJ had those kind of guys near him and he didn't even know it.

Those poor children! There is going to be a big battle over them, as they represent a means to vasts amounts of money to alot of people. I pray for the best outcome for them and for peace and love in their greiving.

They are beautiful.

I hate to say it, but, I believe that they were designer babies; probably conceived in a test tube from parents that Michael picked from pictures and dossiers about them. And Debbie was just the surrogate mother to the oldest two. There is no way that they are Michael Jackson's biological children. They do look like they could be Deborah Rowe's biological children, though, since they are fair skinned and blond. But if they are indeed her biological children, how could she abandon them like she did, with no contact, probably for a fortune?

I am surprised that this has not been discussed yet by the media, now that their faces have been revealed. There is no reason to reveal their ancestry in public as they are innocent parties to the spectacle surrounding Michael Jackson's life and death. But the media hounds are usually insensitive to whom they hurt in getting the scoop for their sensational stories, ala TMZ. I am surprised that they seem to be respecting the children's privacy and not pursuing it. But I bet there will be DNA testing to prove their parentage if Debbie Rowe contests the children's custody. And I would bet that neither party, Jackson family nor Rowe would want it revealed that the children do not have either"s DNA if that is the case. So I would expect the matter to be settled out of court, out of the public eye, again, for large sums of money, just to keep it quiet.

About the rehersal videos. Doesn't it seem obvious that he was lip synching the vocals? Maybe that was his modus operandi during rehearsals, to save his voice for the actual concert. Or maybe as has been speculated, he didn't have enough breath to sing due to the bad physical shape that he was in?

And he certainly didn't have his usual limber and precise dance moves. Of course, he is alot older than when he made music history with his dancing and singing, and thus not as lithe and limber, but he did seem to be struggling with it in these videos, just my opinion. But then again, he did not look to be on death's doorstep, either. So, in that light, I guess his performance was better than one would expect, considering that he passed away just a day later.

I am not trying to be disrespectful to his memory, just proposing some interesting topics that haven't been brought up yet to discuss.

Yes, the kids are beautiful and who cares if they may or may not be his biologically? He raised them and loved them and according to all of his friends, they are great well-behaved kids and he was a great father and his family loves them dearly also. Debbie Rowe is still too grief stricken right now to come out in public to discuss the kids' custody herself, although her lawyer has spoken up, so we will have to wait and see how that plays out. As far as the rehearsal videos, he looked fine to me to be 50 years old, unlike some reports who were saying he looked frail.

Edited by Melanie_72

Here it is,

the last ever live footage of Michael Jackson, recorded during rehearsal two days before his death.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culture...tid=28346862001

The AEG rep said that "He wanted to bury his friend"....

Then he would discuss with the Jackson Family the over 100 hours of footage from the rehearsals that could be packaged for release...

In fairness, if that's the criteria then it's hard to respect just about anybody in the music industry. There's no doubt he courted publicity in sometimes ill-advised ways, and that he could have used a healthy dose of street smarts in terms of who he let into his life, but there's also no doubt that the media ravaged him and mocked him as a freak for what it perceived as a side show - paleness, surgeries, umbrellas, gloves, wigs, weight loss - and now it turns out he did indeed have legitimate health reasons (well, minus the plastic surgeries, I grant you, there were some psychological issues in addition simply cosmetic improvement) for all of them. Lo and behold.

That doesn't mean it's not legitimate to comment on his pain killer problem, etc., but it's important to look beyond the what media has a vested interest in presenting a certain way. Trouble was, too, that the cameras weren't around when he did so many charitable works, like finding a liver for a dying toddler, or donating over $300 million to charities throughout his career. A picture paints a thousand words, but let's keep in mind where the lens is pointing and why.

The AEG rep said that "He wanted to bury his friend"....

Then he would discuss with the Jackson Family the over 100 hours of footage from the rehearsals that could be packaged for release...

True, but keep in mind they lost a tonne of money when they had to return money for the concerts that are no longer taking place. Plus they spent a lot on the rehearsals already. It's not cynicism so much as acknowledgment that the other side of the industry is that it's a business, and I have no doubt that gazillions of MJ fans would want to see that footage anyway.

I didn't go through the whole thread to check whether these had been posted, but here are some of my favourites.

Stranger in Moscow - live in Munich 1997

You Rock My World

MJ: she look good huh?

CR: she look homeless :lol:

the references to movies and MJ's previous work here is hilarious, the dancing's insane

In the Closet

This video is all kinds of smokin'. That little thing he does briefly starting at around the 3:52 mark makes you melt.

I wonder if Micheal had an opinion on Led Zeppelin's music? Or if he ever met Page or Plant? Probably met them at some point but Im not sure?

Michael knew the value of great guitar players - Lukather, Stevens, Van Halen, Batten, and Slash. Since many of those players cite Jimmy Page as an influence, so I don't think its too far a jump to assume Michael probably had respect for Jimmy as well.

I'd be interested if anyone had any details on if any of them ever met one another or if Michael ever said anything about them or vice versa.