Robert Explains Why no LZ Reunion

kiss of fire

If this has been posted please excuse I didn't see it any place else.

From musicradar.com

http://www.antimusic.com/news/09/feb/05Plant_Explains_Why_He_Didnt_Reunite_With_Led_Zeppelin.shtml

Also thoughts from Jimmy Page from contactmusic.com

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/page-led-zeppelins-future-is-down-to-plant_1127219

Thanks for the info, I think Robert is so right................. sadly :(

He may be right, but he's talking out of both sides of his mouth to me. You've been incomplete for 28 years, yet you go onstage as Led Zeppelin and perform a one off? Why call it Led Zeppelin if you think the band is incomplete? So what if it was for Ahmet! You shouldn't have used the band name if you think you were or still are INCOMPLETE Robert! What has changed since the O2? Nothing that's what. You were as incomplete that night as your former band is today. So again, why pull out the name when it suits you Robert? You blow the world away and then slam the door and say it wouldn't be right cuz we're incomplete. Not incomplete but just too balsy or not in your comfort zone anymore. Just say it, I would respect you more. And you wonder why your bombarded with reunion questions all the time! Can't have it both ways..

He may be right, but he's talking out of both sides of his mouth to me. You've been incomplete for 28 years, yet you go onstage as Led Zeppelin and perform a one off? Why call it Led Zeppelin if you think the band is incomplete? So what if it was for Ahmet! You shouldn't have used the band name if you think you were or still are INCOMPLETE Robert! What has changed since the O2? Nothing that's what. You were as incomplete that night as your former band is today. So again, why pull out the name when it suits you Robert? You blow the world away and then slam the door and say it wouldn't be right cuz we're incomplete. Not incomplete but just too balsy or not in your comfort zone anymore. Just say it, I would respect you more. And you wonder why your bombarded with reunion questions all the time! Can't have it both ways..

Because Mica Ertegun asked him to, not because it suited him.

Time to leave the damn guy alone. We've been down this road so many times before, the interview you're commenting on was from (last) February . . . you only get so many bites at the apple.

Because Mica Ertegun asked him to, not because it suited him.

Time to leave the damn guy alone. We've been down this road so many times before, the interview you're commenting on was from (last) February . . . you only get so many bites at the apple.

Didn't realize the article was so old... Did Mica say they had to go on as Zeppelin? Very hypocritical for him to do a show as Zeppelin two years ago and say it wouldn't be a good idea to carry on because they're incomplete NOW. Makes no sense... Just say you don't want to do it. No need to get defensive about it and make hypocritical comments, hence the shots that will keep on coming as long as he makes contradictory statements about the band.

I'm pretty sure it was a joint decision to go on as Led Zeppelin by all the surviving members, not just Robert's.

Regardless if they had've performed under another name what music would they have played if not Zeppelin, covers?

The bottom line is unless JPJ (he has a new band you know? wink.gif ) and Robert have a change of heart then it's over until then but I wouldn't put the farm on it happening anytime soon.

This is a tired old argument and what's with the timing of trotting out an old interview at a time when we are moving into a new era?

Let's hope that Jimmy does indeed release something musical (in addition to "the book"), this year and at least gets out and plays some gigs.

As much as I like him posing in photographs with guitars I'd prefer to see and hear him playing one.

Old news posted again, and Plant bashing festival again? :rolleyes:

Yeah, go on and tell him what he "should" do. I bet he would listen.

It's really a bummer when a member thinks that they need to post things like this.

I posted this because it was in the news and not everyone lives on this forum so things get missed.

I couldn't even find the "Absolute Radio" thread you put up in the comment, but I was gracious and thanked you.

A forum is to bring info to people sometimes it is repeated and old. I have had it done more than once but I don't make snide comments nor put emotion dudes with rolling eyes.

I smile and be glad the info is brought up again since we came to share and be befriend new people.

Believe it or not we are all equal here even though some may be more in the know.

Kindness is by far not a weakness and it is a real shame it is so scarce here.

It's really a bummer when a member thinks that they need to post things like this.

I posted this because it was in the news and not everyone lives on this forum so things get missed.

I couldn't even find the "Absolute Radio" thread you put up in the comment, but I was gracious and thanked you.

A forum is to bring info to people sometimes it is repeated and old. I have had it done more than once but I don't make snide comments nor put emotion dudes with rolling eyes.

I smile and be glad the info is brought up again since we came to share and be befriend new people.

Believe it or not we are all equal here even though some may be more in the know.

Kindness is by far not a weakness and it is a real shame it is so scarce here.

Oops, sorry. I apologize sincerely here, I was bit upset because of some comments above and didn't think much when I posted.

I don't really mind some news being reposted, in a way I welcome it because some people might have missed it. It's my bad that I formed my words without much consideration. And I'm sorry for it.

And my "eyes rolling" is more directed at the comments, I guess you can see them too, that this reposted news offered some people the chance to jump on Robert Plant again, which had happened over and over again. It's really getting old, and annoying too.

I make this explanation here to say I have no intention to put down your nicely intended effort, and please don't take it personal. That's all I can say.

If Plant was incomplete, they wouldn't have done Page-Plant tours. It's precisely because Plant got his fill doing Page-Plant that he doesn't want to entertain any more Zep. He said that. His solo career is far too important for him to ditch it. And I don't think John Paul Jones makes him nostalgic for the past either. Either way, they've got little time left as it is.

I've read all the replies and I know that nothing seems to fire up this board like this topic,but I have to respect Robert Plant for his continued reluctance to reform the band full time.Live Aid and The O2 Arena gigs were one offs both done for specific reasons but surely,no matter how terrific on the night Jason was,there cannot be a Led Zeppelin without John Bonham?That band was the result of the chemistry that came from the playing of those four people,it cannot be repeated and I'm glad that the singer has said I do not want to try.

Where would be without the ability to dream (and occasionally have these dreams come true through the pursuit thereof)??????

Anyways...In my feeble little mind I have thought about this dilemna. The catalyst that has brought the music of Led Zeppelin back to life has been a greater humanitarian need -- charitable cause. This has resulted in a couple of performances to support these noble causes. I cannot think of a better way to give back to the World then to not only give the gift of music, but also to financially support these causes. Leveraging the Led Zeppelin name for a deep rooted humanitaraian cause would certainly make an exceptional catalyst. A limited tour of 8-10 weeks in duration (8-10 venues) would not take too much time out of the band member's personal artistic pursuits. God knows that there is no shortage of dire humanitarian causes that can benefit today. The inspiration and motivation to make this happen can be dreived from this catalyst. I believe the individuals involved are demonstrating their motivation right now....all of them are out performing (or at least involved with making music).

This would be a way to give the music of Led Zeppelin as a gift to the world and future generations.

I would certainly support this endeavor having waited since 1980 to see Led Zeppelin perform live...

Dream of 2010 -- Led Zeppelin Live Performance by Led Zeppelin and Jason Bonham

The former Led Zeppelin singer's time would be better spent explaining why T Bone Burnett quite recently claimed to know nothing about a second Plant/Krauss album, which does seem to suggest their mutual partnership has ended.

I was curious as to what was happening with this project. Any info on why it ended?

Archived