New Robert Plant book

Minstrel

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of those unauthorized books, especially when it's written by someone who isn't in the inner circle (I'm not condoning Richard Cole's book, but at least he knew them!). But I know I'll probably end up giving it a read. But they could've at least used a 2007 pic of the man.

Hey,

I just saw that last week on Amazon and wondered about it. Anyhoo, just googled and found one of the authors website:

http://www.neildaniels.com/Projects.html

This is what he says about the book:

<<Robert Plant: Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page & The Solo Years

Publication Date: 28th February 2008

From when I commenced writing in spring, 2006 to its publication in September, 2007 it seemed like forever for Defenders Of The Faith to be published; but with my book on Robert Plant, time has flown by like a 747. Myself and IMP want the book to be slap-bang up-to-date so aside from the necessary editing and proof-reading jobs we're just waiting for the release of his new album with Alison Krauss and the Led Zeppelin gig in November to happen and that should be it. A publication date has been set for 28th February, 2008. Visit the publisher’s website: www.impbooks.com

By the way, it's available to pre-order on Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk>>

xoxo,

Maid

Am I the only one who likes that cover photo?! I think it's rather striking -- it conveys his intelligence and energy. It would have been too predictable if they'd used an image from the "Golden god" era with the open shirt and wild hair.

Finally! I've been looking for a book about (or from) Robert. I'll post my thoughts after I've read it.

I recently read a Jimmy Page biography, but it said little about their shows and tours. I wanted the lowdown on the wild times Led Zep had. Maybe I should've read "I'm With The Band."

Finally! I've been looking for a book about (or from) Robert. I'll post my thoughts after I've read it.

I recently read a Jimmy Page biography, but it said little about their shows and tours. I wanted the lowdown on the wild times Led Zep had. Maybe I should've read "I'm With The Band."

I always wanted to read a biography on JPJ...I think he's the only one without his own book (Page, Plant, Bonham, and Grant do though)....to be honest, he'd probably be the best one to tell the "real story" of Zeppelin....I think RP and JP would want to leave certain details out while JPJ would let it flow...not hiding any details of the past!!!

I always wanted to read a biography on JPJ...I think he's the only one without his own book (Page, Plant, Bonham, and Grant do though)....to be honest, he'd probably be the best one to tell the "real story" of Zeppelin....I think RP and JP would want to leave certain details out while JPJ would let it flow...not hiding any details of the past!!!

I agree: John Paul WOULD tell the real story. He probably has the fewest "skeletons," and IF he did drugs, I doubt he went to the well as often as Robert or Jimmy.

I think RP and JP would want to leave certain details out while JPJ would let it flow

I used to socialize with Howard Mylett. On one occasion he told me he had a Plant book

he was ready to publish after his 'Jimmy Page - Tangents Within A Framework'. He said

he squelched it when he received word Robert would rather the book not be published.

Release was to be circa 1983, just as Robert's solo career was gaining momentum.

I used to socialize with Howard Mylett. On one occasion he told me he had a Plant book

he was ready to publish after his 'Jimmy Page - Tangents Within A Framework'. He said

he squelched it when he received word Robert would rather the book not be published.

Release was to be circa 1983, just as Robert's solo career was gaining momentum.

Would love to hear some of the juicy details in that book :)

Am I the only one who likes that cover photo?! I think it's rather striking -- it conveys his intelligence and energy. It would have been too predictable if they'd used an image from the "Golden god" era with the open shirt and wild hair.

I like it, it's cool.

I'm sure I will check out this book.

• 3 weeks later...

So I received this email from Amazon today:

<<Your Amazon Alerts

Availability Alert

We're happy to inform you that the items you requested are now available to order from Amazon.com! Books Robert Plant (Paperback)

Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.>>

So they alerted me that Yes the book is printed and available to order.

And NO they do not have any in stock at the moment.

Did anybody order this book through Amazon? Maybe they only had a few in stock to begin with?

lol,

Maid

Robert or his management do not endorse this book. They have had no comment except to say that it is unauthorized.

The author did not interview Robert for this book. I guess it is alot of speculation and interviews with "hanger ons."

I would love Robert to write his own book. I know he has stated in the past that he has no interest in doing one.

The photo on the cover is from the "Dreamland" tour era. I like it.

Did anybody order this book through Amazon? Maybe they only had a few in stock to begin with?

lol,

Maid

I ordered it last week from Amazon UK. So far I haven't received anything yet. I'm not a fan of unauthorized books, but what the hell. Hopefully there will be some nice pictures. :)

Archived