Meet Richard Cole Online (Led Zeppelin ) (May 7th)

SteveAJones

Announcing Led Zeppelin tour manager Richard Cole has agreed to log onto the Facebook group The Richard Cole Appreciation Society on Friday, May 7th at 7pm to answer any questions, queries, etc. regarding his life and career in the "music business", Led Zeppelin, The Who, or the many wonderful people and places he visited during his time at the top.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ANYTHING THAT MAY CAUSE OFFENCE OR EMBARRASSMENT TO RICHARD as he is sharing his free time and hopefully if successful this can be repeated in the near future. Oh and of course please tell your friends and anyone you think may find this of interest and let's make this a great success. Thank you one & all.

Point of Contact: Sean Atkinson (group creator)

Edited by SteveAJones

PLEASE DON'T ASK ANYTHING THAT MAY CAUSE OFFENCE OR EMBARRASSMENT TO RICHARD

Cheers, Steve, but doesn't that basically rule out the entire 1970s then? Especially if Cole's autobiog is anything to go by!

"So, Dick - may I call you Dick? - um... so, what was working with, em, The Quireboys like...?"

:P

Announcing Led Zeppelin tour manager Richard Cole has agreed to log onto the Facebook group The Richard Cole Appreciation Society on Friday, May 7th at 7pm to answer any questions, queries, etc. regarding his life and career in the "music business", Led Zeppelin, The Who, or the many wonderful people and places he visited during his time at the top.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ANYTHING THAT MAY CAUSE OFFENCE OR EMBARRASSMENT TO RICHARD as he is sharing his free time and hopefully if successful this can be repeated in the near future. Oh and of course please tell your friends and anyone you think may find this of interest and let's make this a great success. Thank you one & all.

Point of Contact: Sean Atkinson (group creator)

Awesome. I'll be sure to be nice. Don't want to be on the receiving end of the "flick of the boot" after all...

Considering a few of us have shared screenplay ideas with each other since the old board, I'd ask him how likely it is we'll ever see a motion picture made about the boys. And what angle or perspective would he like it told in.

Pretty much zero chance, as they will never agree to their music being used, and what is a movie about them without them on the soundtrack?

Pretty much zero chance, as they will never agree to their music being used, and what is a movie about them without them on the soundtrack?

Richard said "not much chance i think" in regards to my question. Unfortunately, he didn't elaborate whether music or creative differences would be the issue. I'd always found the biggest difficulty would be trying to do them justice with exploring the importance of the music without going too overboard with all the drugs and off stage shenanigans. Not to mention, there is so much to be told about their 12 years together, how could someone do them justice with a 2 hour movie?

School of Rock?

Almost Famous?

Ricky Gervais' upcoming new one?

You make it sound like they've never agreed to allow their music to be used in movies. Quite a bit of evidence to the contrary, counselor.

Love,

Billy

School of Rock?

Almost Famous?

You make it sound like they've never agreed to allow their music to be used in movies. Quite a bit of evidence to the contrary, counselor.

Love,

Billy

I think what she was stating was the boys would only feel a movie about themselves would be valid if they are primarily in the movie, ala "TSRTS." Hence why my, like several other opinions, have slated a bio-pic may only work once they've passed on.

I asked about the Ice Palace...did LZ have an event there , what date and anything to back this up!

...This is a excellent question on behalf of all the fans, tks. Deb

...Contribution to establish accurate Led Zeppelin Timeline is of utmost important, I am sure Richard Cole realizes and values that...

Edited by PlanetPage

School of Rock?

Almost Famous?

Love,

Billy

Gervais' "upcoming one", "Cemetery Junction", is already out in that other part of the world known as "not the US" - I saw it two weeks ago.

I didn't "make it sound like" anything other than what I wrote, except to you, when you chose to twist it in your head - I made it sound exactly like what I had written, to those who weren't looking for an argument. You place your own inflection on things, clearly.

I didn't write that they don't allow their music to be used in ANY FILMS, I was answering a speculative question about whether a film about THEM would ever be made. Since I have had this conversation with at least two remaining members of the band, I was passing on what they had given as their answer.

They would never approve a script - since it would probably be sensationalised a la HOTG, and so to keep the film from progressing, they would not allow their music to be used and the film would go nowhere. This is exactly what happened with Malcolm Maclaren's attempt at making the film in the late 80s - with everyone from Jason Donovan to Gary Oldman touted as playing the role of RP.

They won't allow their music to be used in such a movie - as I said - now stop stalking my posts trying to cause trouble, it's getting really tiresome.

Edited by Knebby

...This is a excellent question on behalf of all the fans, tks. Deb

...Contribution to establish accurate Led Zeppelin Timeline is of utmost important, I am sure Richard Cole realizes and values that...

Thank you :) He still has no definitive answer, but I have asked him to please let us know if he can come accross anything to confirm to please follow up.

Thank you :) He still has no definitive answer, but I have asked him to please let us know if he can come accross anything to confirm to please follow up.

I don't think that there were any answers to any of the questions that were asked in this round from yesterday yet. :/

A Zeppelin movie would suck. The only way it would be interesting if they went the whole "sold their souls to Satan for success" route and we all know they would be against that. Also, they seem a little sensitive about their drug use which I think would be another item producers of the film would want to go into. Without the seedy items, the movie would be boring to most people (not to us Zep-freaks though :D ). Honestly, after the way Hollywood screws up 99.9% of the movies they put out, a Zep movie would nothing more then a big cluster-fuck. Now a REAL documentary endorsed by the band would be very interesting imo.

Edited by Wolfman