Great album horrendous artwork...

The cover of Blind Faith's album -- the one with the topless pre-teen holding the airplane (it looks like one to me, anyway). I'm not a prude by any means, but I always found it absolutely tasteless, while the music on the album is absolutely phenomenal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great album, awful cover. Cheese to da max!!

FreeFall-Dixie_Dregs.jpg

Man you're not kidding there. Great great album and band but probably the worst album cover in history. I remember almost not buying it because of the cover.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of any of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "buncha dudes standing around" album covers...not that Second Helping is much of an improvement over that modus operandi, though. Although the drawing itself doesn't really bother me...I think if it was less yellow I would like it better. I'm not much of a yellow fan.

It's not bad, but I've never been a big fan of album covers with no print on them. Nothing against these albums, though. I know that Led Zeppelin was trying to make a statement, and I understand that, but I think the music could have spoken for itself in that case (with the album containing so much great music). It makes you wonder if the album would be held in such high esteem if there wasn't so much attention on the mystique of the album itself. This only bothers me a little though. I did like the idea of having a symbol represent each band member, that was nifty. Anyways, I might put Led Zeppelin IV as my favorite album ("Stairway to Heaven" might be my favorite song; "Black Dog" and "When the Levee Breaks" are among my favorites; the rest of the album is also great). And for what it's worth, the cover itself is cool: really vague and mysterious. Here's how I'd rank the Led Zeppelin studio album covers:

1. Led Zeppelin.

2. Physical Graffiti.

3. Led Zeppelin IV.

4. Led Zeppelin II.

5. In Through the Out Door.

6. Houses of the Holy.

7. Presence.

8. Led Zeppelin III.

9. Coda.

I can't think of any album covers or artwork that I really hate.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived