Ted Nugent at The Electric Factory in Philadelphia 6/19/10

Wolfman

As some of you know from my past posts, I'm not a fan of Ted Nugent the person, but I've always been a fan of his music. I decided to go see him tonight and was not disappointed musically. "Uncle Ted" as he calls himself mostly played a beautiful White Les Paul with a American Flag on it. His band consisted of "Wild" Mick Brown on the drums and Greg Smith on bass. They played about six songs before stopping at all. Then Ted went into some gun antics and made some comments that bordered on racism/sexism ("I'm the baddest nigger there is"/"Let's give all the skinny bitches M-16s and have the fat bitches load them"). To be honest I didn't care because he was playing up to the crowd which consisted of A LOT of very drunk rednecks who seemed mostly from NJ (a couple of fights almost broke out with lots of pushing,etc.). You know it's going to be a rough crowd when people are walking around before the show drinking 1/2 gallons of vodka straight from the bottle without a chaser. That said, Ted is an AMAZING GUITARIST with lighting fast hands, nice tone, and mean riffs. He's the real deal and deserves to be mentioned with the all-time greats. As many other greats, Ted makes it look too easy and his solos are numbing to hear live. One thing that is funny to see is the faces he makes while jamming out. He looks stoned out his mind while rolling his eyes back, but as we know from his comments on Jimmy and other artists, he doesn't do drugs at all. I'm not sure if this how he looks when he plays, or that he was mocking other musicians who look that way when they jam out. He's not modest at all as he called "Strangle Hold" the most well-known riff ever and admitted pure hatred for the current government. For all his hinted racism though, he did pay tribute to some famous black artists tonight (Jimi Hendrix, Sam Cooke, and James Brown) so I think he likes to play the asshole more than he really is. He also loves to say over and over "You can't do this in France!" They played roughly two hours with one encore. I won't lie people, I had a great time tonight and honestly found myself kinda digging the "The Nuge" a little bit more than I did before. I still wouldn't want to hang out with him and I think his political views on guns still suck, but he put's on a kick-ass show (plus it was only $35 to get in). This is a setlist from last year. It's pretty close to what I heard tonight:

1. Star Spangled Banner
  2. Pledge Of Allegience
  3. Free For All
  4. Wango Tango
  5. Stormtroopin'
  6. Snakeskin Cowboys
  7. Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
  8. KLSTRPHNKY
  9. Red House (Nice Jam)
  10. Rawdogs & Warhogs
  11. I Won't Go Away
  12. Soulman
  13. Hey Baby
  14. Love grenade
  15. Kiss My Ass
  16. Fred Bear
  17. Cat Scratch Fever
  18. Stranglehold (FREAKING AWESOME LIVE....THE WHOLE REASON I WENT)
  19. Great White Buffalo (ENCORE with Ted in Indian headdress)

-As I mentioned before, he did a slight tribute to James Brown and played parts of his songs while dancing

Ted's a ferocious live act. He is not a racist. He tells this great story of being something like 15 years old, warming up with his band at the time, and one of the Funk Brothers walked over, put his hand on Ted's shoulder and he said "Boy,

you keep playing like that you gonna be a nigger when you grow up". He could not believe it - those guys were gods to young Ted.

I'm not a fan of Ted Nugent the person, but I've always been a fan of his music.

I feel the same way.

He's an amazing guitarist, but when he opens his mouth, i wanna puke.

"OK Ted, we get it. You like to shoot animals and hang their heads on your wall"

Ted's a ferocious live act. He is not a racist. He tells this great story of being something like 15 years old, warming up with his band at the time, and one of the Funk Brothers walked over, put his hand on Ted's shoulder and he said "Boy,

you keep playing like that you gonna be a nigger when you grow up". He could not believe it - those guys were gods to young Ted.

I don't think he is either BUT he really shouldn't use the word nigger the way he does. Most of the security at the Electric Factory are black and probably have no clue who Ted is. I wouldn't be happy hearing him yell that on stage if I was one of them. Ted obviously doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks though.cool.gif

I don't think he is either BUT he really shouldn't use the word nigger the way he does. Most of the security at the Electric Factory are black and probably have no clue who Ted is. I wouldn't be happy hearing him yell that on stage if I was one of them. Ted obviously doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks though.cool.gif

Hi Wolfman, hoooowwwwwwwwwwllll

If its good enough for "them" its good enough for everyone to use, we cant be having one rule for "us" and one rule for "them" now can we? that wouldn't be "Kosher" if you know what i mean? "nudge nudge wink wink say no more, say no more"

Regards, Danny

PS, And if "they" behaved in a much much more "Civilised" way in what is a "Civilised Society" rather than behave as if the "Rules of the Jungle" applied to every where rather than just to the uncivilised parts of this world where their forefathers came from, (EG, Darkest Africa,) then I'm sure a lot of what "they" have too put up with would diminish a whole lot more than it is at the moment, just saying what i see. ;)

"SAY NO MORE"

I'm with you Wolfman. I don't care for the man but I do like the music. I saw him in 78 at the CAL JAM II. I have quite a few gaps in those memories ( it was the 70's ) but he was a wild man up there on the stage.

I loved Ted Nugent when I was younger. I can remember seeing him swinging out on a rope in a loincloth which made quite the impression on the teenage girls in the audience. I still listen to Double Live Gonzo on occasion.

His politics and the way he expresses his opinions really turn me off though. I live with a hunter and eat wild game on a regular basis, but Ted seems to take an unholy joy in shooting animals. He seems gleeful about the kill, all the while speaking about his "respect" for the animal. His disparaging remarks about women and anyone who disagrees with his viewpoints, have made me dislike him as a person so much that I don't want to listen to his music. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I know a lot of people that feel the same way about Bono. Everyone has a right to their opinions, but the fans don't want to hear a lot of political bullshit one way or another, it's like just shut-up and play!

I removed my post, because i realised, Dan is probably joking!

If he is not, then I'LL BE B(L)ACK!!laugh.gif

Hi 'Matjaz1'

Did my post offend? :o

Regards, Danny

PS, Get back ASAP, please. ;)

PPS, I feel the heat is rising in the Kitchen, is now a good time? :veryhot:

It's a shame, to use phrases from an intelligent show like Monty python and at the same time make statements, that are so horribly racist!! America is very uncivilised many times and so is the rest of the world and it has to do with all people, not just black people. So you can't even say that the States are particulary civilised and that has mostly something to do with people like Bush and many, many other white people, rather then black people!

Saying black people in general are uncivilised is just totally ridicioulus and backing it up by saying, that it's because their forefathers came from Africa, is just stupid. As every intelligent person knows, we all came from Africa, but to an ignorant person, black people seem more directly linked, because of the skin color, right?? And tribes and nations with white skin colour, have behaved like total savages through history!!

And Plant loves african music! What do you think of that!?? And song Kashmir has a lot to do with Africa!

And Ted Nugent obviously is a racist and obvisouly also an extreme republican,which is just not a good thing to be!

Oh and Dan, you sometimes had quite funny and intelligent remarks on this forum, so up to this point, i really wouldn't expect such statements from you!!

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I know a lot of people that feel the same way about Bono.

the difference being that Bono uses his celebrity status to help the destitute people of the world. Nugent uses what's left of his to spout his moronic political views that most civilized people find repulsive. This is a guy who wouldn't throw a life preserver to someone drowning. Yet, he's probably not racist as he's been to Africa several times on safari's to hunt almost extinct animals to hang their heads on his wall. Even the Great White Hunter needs the Bushmen to help him :D

I think what separates Ted from others is the hatred he seems to have of anyone who has the opposite views of him. He would hate my guts for sure since I disdain guns and I am a animal-activist. That's probably why I don't like him as a person. I also find it ironic that as tough as he acts, it's a well known fact he went to extreme measures not to be drafted for the Vietnam War (rumors are that he shit his pants so to seem mentally ill ohmy.gif ).

I think what separates Ted from others is the hatred he seems to have of anyone who has the opposite views of him. He would hate my guts for sure since I disdain guns and I am a animal-activist. That's probably why I don't like him as a person. I also find it ironic that as tough as he acts, it's a well known fact he went to extreme measures not to be drafted for the Vietnam War (rumors are that he shit his pants so to seem mentally ill ohmy.gif ).

Yes he sure has made enemies over the recent years. I saw him in concert back in the day and his athleticism was pretty remarkable. I liked his music but I dont agree with much of what he does either. I am with you on the animal rights issues.

It's a shame, to use phrases from an intelligent show like Monty python and at the same time make statements, that are so horribly racist!! America is very uncivilised many times and so is the rest of the world and it has to do with all people, not just black people. So you can't even say that the States are particulary civilised and that has mostly something to do with people like Bush and many, many other white people, rather then black people!

Saying black people in general are uncivilised is just totally ridicioulus and backing it up by saying, that it's because their forefathers came from Africa, is just stupid. As every intelligent person knows, we all came from Africa, but to an ignorant person, black people seem more directly linked, because of the skin color, right?? And tribes and nations with white skin colour, have behaved like total savages through history!!

And Plant loves african music! What do you think of that!?? And song Kashmir has a lot to do with Africa!

And Ted Nugent obviously is a racist and obvisouly also an extreme republican,which is just not a good thing to be!

Oh and Dan, you sometimes had quite funny and intelligent remarks on this forum, so up to this point, i really wouldn't expect such statements from you!!

Hi 'Matjaz1'

Sorry to have offended you, but i never once mentioned the word "Colour" "Black" or "N....R" anywhere.

I don't now, never have, and never will have a problem with a persons "Colour", but what i do have a problem with it a certain type of person (whatever Colour, Nationality or Creed) that thinks they are entitled to preferential treatment in a country that isn't classed as their own ethnicly.

Now as far as England is concerned, i would say that England is the most Civilised Country to have ever existed in the Worlds History, and judging from the amount of Immigrants we get from across the World i think i am right in thinking that.

Now as for "Darkest Africa" i would say that, that Continent, as far a being "Civilised" is concerned, is totally "Uncivilised" when you compare it to England, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or anywhere else that English is spoken as a First language, so i can lump the USA in their as well, and some parts of Europe too.

Now to the real point, the "N" word, i cannot stand anyone from any Race, Religion or of any Colour that not only Uses that word but actually Calls themselves it, greet friends with it, or use it as a word of endearment or affection, and i have friends that do just that and they know not to do it around me unless they are prepared for me to use that word as well, which they are not prepared to do, so we have our differences about it. It doesn't mean that they are not my friends anymore but there is now a difference where once there was not.

And if the "Black" and "White" people who use that word stopped and refrained from using it forever than as i stated before, the World would be a much better place for all of Gods Children, whatever Race, Colour or Creed.

But if those people, "Black" or "White", who remain obstinate and continue to use the word then i don't see why everyone shouldn't use it if they want to, and why "ANYBODY" should take offence to it being used is beyond me, for i am a great believer in "FREEDOM" and as such, unless we "ALL" have to do it then "NOBODY" should have to do it.

As for Robert loving African Music, i don't see where you are trying to lead me, Kashmir? what has that to do with Africa?

And whats this? "you sometimes had quite funny and intelligent remarks on this forum" sometimes? you mean all times i think? :yesnod:

"so up to this point, i really wouldn't expect such statements from you!!" always expect the unexpected from me, i am the "Unexpected One" you know? ;)

Regards, Danny

PS, Just to clarify a point, that is if you were making it? I am not a Racist, i am A Bigot, i can hate all Races, Religions and Skin Tones with exactly the same venom, and without prejudice, and not just the one. :yesnod:

PPS, How about a Debate on the word "Honky"? or "White Trash" and what about "Yankee Doodle" now i bet a lot of my American friends (I'll use that term loosely from now on) feel taken a back and insulted with that term. :blush: If someone calls you a "Name" and you find offence in it then it is you who have the problem not the one calling it, and that's what my psychiatrist told me, "sticks and stones can break my bones but "NAMES" will never hurt me" if you live by that you will never take offence again, just like we English do, and being at the Top of the Worlds Civilisation and Evolutionary Chain also helps quite a bit. :wave:

PPPS, If you Listen very very hard, the Humour will come to you at last. :lol:

Dan i wasn't discussing if you used certain words, i just said some of your statements are racist and so I won't discuss everything you wrote about certain words in your last post! I do aggree though, that it would be best if black people wouldn't use those words themselves, because they promote them that way, but i guess it's just different if a white person uses them!

I really don't think, that black people think, they are entitled to preferential threatment in England or anywhere else! They just want equal treatment and i don't think that you can say, that England or The states are not classed as their own ethnicly. Just because there are more white then black people in England or in The States, it doesn't mean it's not black peoples country as well, ethnicly speaking!

You can't just say England is the most civilised. They are many other countries, that are equally if not more civlised.

And Africa is not less civilised, it's just less techically developed and has more prevalent medical and some other problems, but most people are civilised in their behaviour!

Robert certainly loves african folk music and groups like Tinariwen!He even performed with them!! And he played moroccan music with Jimmy on the Unledded project! And Kashmir is called Kashmir, but the lyrics are actually about drvivng through Moroccan desert!! And the music in Kashmir is very Moroccan at times!!

And you did produce quite funny and intelligent remarks in the past, but in this thread certainly not!!!!

Tripmender:

http://en.wikipedia....f_modern_humans

Oh and i hope i won't have to link other sites to prove to you, that we developed from monkeys!!

Dan i wasn't discussing if you used certain words, i just said some of your statements are racist and so I won't discuss everything you wrote about certain words in your last post! I do aggree though, that it would be best if black people wouldn't use those words themselves, because they promote them that way, but i guess it's just different if a white person uses them!

I really don't think, that black people think, they are entitled to preferential threatment in England or anywhere else! They just want equal treatment and i don't think that you can say, that England or The states are not classed as their own ethnicly. Just because there are more white then black people in England or in The States, it doesn't mean it's not black peoples country as well, ethnicly speaking!

You can't just say England is the most civilised. They are many other countries, that are equally if not more civlised.

And Africa is not less civilised, it's just less techically developed and has more prevalent medical and some other problems, but most people are civilised in their behaviour!

Robert certainly loves african folk music and groups like Tinariwen!He even performed with them!! And he played moroccan music with Jimmy on the Unledded project! And Kashmir is called Kashmir, but the lyrics are actually about drvivng through Moroccan desert!! And the music in Kashmir is very Moroccan at times!!

And you did produce quite funny and intelligent remarks in the past, but in this thread certainly not!!!!

Hi 'Matjaz1'

My statements are not Racist, they are Facts, England is the most Advanced Civilisation ever to exist, i include the British Isles as well as all those English Speaking Nations i mentioned before. Just think what a world we would live in without the input of those said Nations and see where we would be today?

If you think that Africa is at all "Civilised" in the same way we think of ourselves in the English Speaking World as Civilised then you need to visit that Dark Continent and see how far your understanding of what a "Civilised" country really is. And i don't even think of Spain as Civilised, when they sided with the Argies in 1982 i lost any little respect i had for them, what with their "Bull Baiting" you notice i never said "Bull Fighting"? as the Spanish were never ones for a "Fair Fight.

England is a country where to be "ethnic" you have to be "White", we are "Anglo-Saxon" from Northern Europe and our Forefathers were as well, not from the South of the Sahara, just as an Ethnic Nigerian is Black, and that is how God created us and I'm not going to argue with him, or her, sorry Miss. :o But as a Nation of Mongrel Breeds i understand why you would think an American can be of any Race or Colour. ;)

Roberts love of Afro-Arab music has nothing to do with the way i view the world, he is a rich bastard and i a poor one, so we would have different slants on almost everything, but music is universal, i love some Black Music (The Blues) and hate others (Rap) i love some "White Music" (English Medieval Fayre) and loathe others (Country) i am not driven to make assumptions by Race, Colour or Creed, i make my assumptions by my own experiences and Cold Hard Facts, nothing less.

Regards, Danny

There are few artists whose public persona bothers me to the point where I won't give one penny of my heard earned money to them even though I have enjoyed much of their work in the past.

In fact, there are only 2.

Tom Cruise and Ted Nugent.

Tripmender:

http://en.wikipedia....f_modern_humans

Oh and i hope i won't have to link other sites to prove to you, that we developed from monkeys!!

Like I said: where's your proof? This is merely a theory, which is just a grand name for an opinion. And opinions, as we all know, are like arseholes.

Another theory, no less preposterous than 'out of Africa', is that we were all deposited here by a vastly superior alien race from the planet Tharg.

Are you being serious? How could you compare the two, have you ever heard of the scientific method?

Hi 'Rock N' Rollin' Man'

No but I've heard of the "Rhythm Method" it goes like this "a 1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4" the speed is up to you but i would advise anyone not to exceed 60 strokes a minute as the lady won't be too pleased with you're quick performance. ;)

Regards, Danny

Are you being serious? How could you compare the two, have you ever heard of the scientific method?

Science doesn't have an answer for everything. At the moment, it doesn't have incontrovertible evidence for the 'out of Africa' hypothesis.

Do you believe everything you're told? You really shouldn't.

I believe the darker skinned people in Africa and the Mediterranean region originated in Olduvai Gorge or whatever it was in what, Ethiopia?

I also believe in a 'spontaneous' development of mankind. I believe a "race" developed in the Aral Mountains and were the Aryans, spoken of by the Nazi regime. This group migrated west to N. Europe over the Caucasus Mountains and I don't believe they were from Louis Leaky's African origination.

I think the darker skinned people that got to Australia, New Zealand and Polynesia migrated from Africa east.

And the American Indians took a left turn somwhere around Vietnam or Cambodia and went up the eastern coast of Asia to the Alaskan land bridge to North and South America.

So that African drift went from black (or brown, the ones who went southeast) to yellow (up through Vietnam-China-Japan) to red (the US and below), while the Aryan's just got whiter as they went northwest, especially those Danish, Swede's and Norwegians. The German's (or Nazi's) weren't nearly as white as their northern neighbors, so they shouldn't have been doing too much talking.

Let the brutha's do the rappin' ! :lol:

Science doesn't have an answer for everything. At the moment, it doesn't have incontrovertible evidence for the 'out of Africa' hypothesis.

Do you believe everything you're told? You really shouldn't.

Science has proof for this things! It's not believing everything you are being told, it's believing things that are prooven by science!It might be a theory, but its'a prooven one!! And perhaps if you don't trust science, do you perhaps trust religion?? Now this is something, where someone could say, don't believe everything you are being told!!

And i wonder why you are so bothered by the fact we come from Africa!? Are you perhaps afraid that you are related to the black people, or do you perhaps even have problems with evolution??

Archived