jason bonham talks zep

slave to zep

I suspect a decent percentage of the fans going to the Band of Joy concerts fall into this category but then I would go see Jimmy Page if he was playing with a bluegrass band so I'm not judging anyone.

Farting in a tin can and bluegrass. I think I'd take the bluegrass too, but just barely.

Art is so damned subjective, isn't it?

Hi 'Matjaz1'

When i have a Dinner Party, B-B-Q, Bar Mitzvah, the people who come, apart from family, are in fact FRIENDS, when was the last time RP invited any of his so called FRIENDS, "JP or JPJ", to one of these gatherings? any idea? if you can come up with something substantial I'll submit to THEM being FRIENDS, until then I'll stick with my Gut Feelings, Logic, Intelligence and Knowledge, i could still be wrong, someone make it so, Please.

Regards, Danny

PS, ROBERT PLANT And BAND OF JOY In Memphis

The set list for the show was as follows:

01. Down To The Sea

02. Angel Dance (new song)

03. Please Read The Letter Page and Plant

04. House of Cards (new song)

05. Misty Mountain Hop Led Zeppelin

06. Monkey Additional (new song)

07. Twelve Gates to the City / Wade in the Water / In My Time of Dying Led Zeppelin

08. Rich Woman

09. Gone, Gone, Gone Done Moved On

10. All The King's Horses

11. Nobody's Fault But Mine Led Zeppelin

12. Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down (new song)

13. Central Two-0-Nine (new song)

14. Houses Of The Holy Led Zeppelin

15. Tall Cool One

16. Harm's Swift Way (new song)

17. Gallows Pole Led Zeppelin

Encore

18. Thank You Led Zeppelin

19. Rock & Roll Led Zeppelin

20. And We Bid You Goodnight

20 Songs

7 by Led Zeppelin

1 by Page and Plant

6 new songs

Sounds like he is still very interested in Led Zeppelin Songs to me, rather than trying to appease the Led Zeppelin Fans in his audience, your thoughts on that if you please, Thank You. wink.gif

http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=143064

PPS, :wtf:Misty Mountain Hop, bring back Jimmy. laugh.gif

Well i just recently read a quote that Robert is communicating a lot to John Paul Jones recently and that he is so proud of his work in Vultures and i'm shure he is communicating to jimmy too!! They are huge friends, whether you admit it or not and it goes on right from the start and especially since the 1970 working vacation in Wales!!

And most of the songs Robert plays are not Zep!! And the ones he played are totally rearranged and that is totally different then playing them the way he did a million times in zep and the way zep fans expect it!! And Nobody's fault but mine and Gallows pole are basicaly not zep songs at all and he is playing them in their original blues arrangement, the way they were before zep rearranged them and In my time of dying is only part of a medley. So he is basicaly only playing 4(rearranged!!!) Zep songs on this tour and 16(!!!) other songs!!

What is the problem?????????

Here is the link to the John Paul Jones quote, it's right at the end of the interview:

http://www.robertpla...view/#more-2077

Well i just recently read a quote that Robert is communicating a lot to John Paul Jones recently and that he is so proud of his work in Vultures and i'm shure he is communicating to jimmy too!! They are huge friends, whether you admit it or not and it goes on right from the start and especially since the 1970 working vacation in Wales!!

And most of the songs Robert plays are not Zep!! And the ones he played are totally rearranged and that is totally different then playing them the way he did a million times in zep and the way zep fans expect it!! And Nobody's fault but mine and Gallows pole are basicaly not zep songs at all and he is playing them in their original blues arrangement, the way they were before zep rearranged them and In my time of dying is only part of a medley. So he is basicaly only playing 4(rearranged!!!) Zep songs on this tour and 16(!!!) other songs!!

What is the problem?????????

Here is the link to the John Paul Jones quote, it's right at the end of the interview:

http://www.robertpla...view/#more-2077

Why not rearrange more of his solo work from the 80's?

Why not rearrange more of his solo work from the 80's?

People didn't really know what they will get on the Band of joy tour and they still came to the concert!! The setlist could affect further concerts, that is true, but if he would play hits like In the mood, Big log and Ship of fools instead of zep songs, i'm shure his fans would still fill the concert halls and there are also many, many great hits from the nineties and 2000 onwards!!

So i think it's just a matter of choice, but i might be a bit naive.

Q: After the 2007 Led Zeppelin reunion show in London, you seemed to show minimal interest in a full-scale tour. Is that still your viewpoint?

A: I’m really proud of (Zeppelin bassist) John Paul Jones because he’s in a real, living, breathing rock band (Them Crooked Vultures, with Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters). He and I communicate more, now that he’s a rocker (again).

So we all go about what we do the way we do it, and who knows? I can’t predict anything at all. It’s just good to keep it going and keep rocking."

And, once again, with a album of his own to plug, Robert puts out a tantalising little glimpse of hope. There IS a pattern here, although maybe he's not even aware of it himself.

Actually my understanding is Robert was approached by MTV to do an unplugged show (on his own(and he asked Page to join him. I could be wrong but that's how I always thought it happened.

i heard that as well, and maybe the one-off mtv special was the impetus for the reunion, but jpj made it sound as if he was waiting to hear back from jimmy on anything zeppelin related, and that never happened.

guess it really doesn't matter now. i do agree with knebby that robert got a bad rap on that.

Q: After the 2007 Led Zeppelin reunion show in London, you seemed to show minimal interest in a full-scale tour. Is that still your viewpoint?

A: I’m really proud of (Zeppelin bassist) John Paul Jones because he’s in a real, living, breathing rock band .

He and I communicate more, now that he’s a rocker (again).

Hey, Robert. John Paul Jones has always been a rocker. If I recall correctly JPJ himself stated that the reason the band after the 02 show didn't do more music together was because "Robert doesn't want to play loud rock music anymore".

I've been proud of everything Jones has done since Zeppelin, all of a sudden Plant is willing to communicate wth Jones again because "he’s in a real, living, breathing rock band". I really don't get it.

Who knows, maybe TCV has lit a little fire under Plants ass. We'll see.

Robert probably meant that he likes to talk to Jones more than he used to, because they don't talk about Zep reunion anymore, because Jones is in a living, breathing, new rock band and so he has plenty of work to do with Vultures.

But this is just a guess ofcourse!

Robert probably meant that he likes to talk to Jones more than he used to, because they don't talk about Zep reunion anymore, because Jones is in a living, breathing, new rock band and so he has plenty of work to do with Vultures.

But this is just a guess ofcourse!

"he likes to talk to Jones more than he used to"

I don't know these guys but my guess is that other than Live Aid, Atlantic 50th & the O2 show Plant and Jones have had very little "communication" with each other, if any at all (other than business), for the past 30 years.

Actually, I think that Plants comment "Jones is in a living, breathing, new rock band" was directed at Page.

Maybe if Jimmy gets a rockin' project going too Plant will consider "communicating" with him as well.

"he likes to talk to Jones more than he used to"

I don't know these guys but my guess is that other than Live Aid, Atlantic 50th & the O2 show Plant and Jones have had very little "communication" with each other, if any at all (other than business), for the past 30 years.

Can't agree with this.

Actually, I think that Plants comment "Jones is in a living, breathing, new rock band" was directed at Page.

B)

Think you may have a {partial} point there! :lol:

This really doesn't have to do much with this thread but in a way it does. Sam has this posted at RobertPlant.com from the upcoming MOJO magazine.

http://www.robertplant.com/press/but-of-course-it-wasnt-led-zeppelin/

The quote below is priceless I laughed so hard I about fell off the chair.

"Among other Zep-centric revelations, he describes the scene backstage at the 02, where John Bonham’s mother told him," “You haven’t changed a bit - you’re always scratching your balls.”

This really doesn't have to do much with this thread but in a way it does. Sam has this posted at RobertPlant.com from the upcoming MOJO magazine.

http://www.robertplant.com/press/but-of-course-it-wasnt-led-zeppelin/

The quote below is priceless I laughed so hard I about fell off the chair.

"Among other Zep-centric revelations, he describes the scene backstage at the 02, where John Bonham’s mother told him," “You haven’t changed a bit - you’re always scratching your balls.”

That's priceless...too funny!

Archived