Jimmy Page Sunday Times Interview

Magic Fills the Air

It's going to be all bluegrass as he goes head to head with Earl Scruggs on the banjer.

Duelling banjos ... just what I thought . Let's celebrate the day :D

In the email from Genesis Publications that I just received it stated that in the Sunday Times this weekend (22nd August) there will be an exclusive interview with Jimmy Page about his new book. There will also be a video of the interview on the newspaper's website.

Thank you for the information. Is that strictly released in the UK or will it also be available in the US?

Thank you for the information. Is that strictly released in the UK or will it also be available in the US?

'Oh my',

Don't worry someone will copy the newpaper version on to this site. As for the video, I'm sure it will be copied onto Youtube and then linked in a posting on this site. You won't miss out :)

I wish he'd stop leaving the fans hanging and stop saying every so often that he's got something planned for release that never eventuates.

Try being a Guns N' Roses fan! :lol:

Seriously though I think Jimmy's album will come out sooner rather than later seeing that his project with Jason and JPJ fell through. Also he has an official site now.

'Oh my',

Don't worry someone will copy the newpaper version on to this site. As for the video, I'm sure it will be copied onto Youtube and then linked in a posting on this site. You won't miss out :)

I look forward to reading and seeing it. Some thing are delayed release in the US.Thank you kenog.:)

It does contain some interesting insights into Jimmy's love of exotic fish (he used to have an acquarium) which I never knew about before. :) But it is basically an advertisement for his book. I don't have a scanner so I can't post it on here. I'm sure someone who does will be kind enough to.

What a disappointment this interview is. Nothing that members here don't already know. The interviewer does, however, raise the question with Jimmy as to whether or not he was into S&M (because of Miss Pamela's recollection of the whips in his suitcase)!!!! The guy doesn't ask anything we would really like to know, such as how far on is Jimmy with recording, or will he be touring next year?

The front of the magazine has a quote from Scarlet to the effect that this is the first time she has photographed her father professionally and that it was strange telling him what to do! There is, in fact, just one photo from Scarlet which has much better composition than those done by Ross Halfin. It was taken in the Abbey Road studios.

However, as always, RH's influence is present. On page 27, at the side of the page, there are credits for the respective photographers, and I note that Jimmy's 'grooming' is credited to Jackie Tyson, who is a good friend of RH.

The book is being offered through the Sunday Times book selling site at the original price, which is less than was being offered in the recent Genesis Publications email. Also, the ST is offering it postage & packing free which must be annoying for anyone who has already paid this charge.

Apparently, to get the video interview, you go to www.sundaytimes.co.uk/magazine - try it and see.

Just bought the newspaper its merely a 5 page feature talking mainly about mysticism and jimmys enigmatic persona. Not for the more well informed fan.

I don't think it was aimed at the well informed fan.

Not as in depth as I was anticipating and a well informed journalist wouldn't have used much of the inteview asking about the magic etc. Very little is asked about the book or the pics that lie therein.

He could do that with Jeff Beck!! They played dual lead guitar in The Yardbirds!!

Jimmy is not comfortable playing lead (dual or otherwise) in front of people these days...Having his pictue taken and selling crap, that's his new gig.

I believe Mr. Page still has a lot to offer musically. For me, I prefer to stay an optimist :peace:

Jimmy was willing to do it. I commend him for that and always will. And so was JPJ and Jason of course You are going to be otomistic towards what? Go ahead and say it Deb. I felt that way a year ago. Its never happening. And its a shame that it wont. O2 was a tease. I will never understand it. They played a tribue to this guy, thats fine. Why not play a tribute to Peter grant and Bonzo too? Give us americans one last shot. And how about those that were too young to ever see them? They should be disapointed. Music is not sports. Look at the Rollkng Stones. Well, its a waste of breath and it only gets fights started. Because someone will come on here now and call me an idiot and say Robert's choices must be respected and all of that stufff I have heard over and over. At least I wont have to listen to that one so called fan that knows everything and everyone else is , what is that word he used? Oh yeah. Nimrods. What is a nimrod? Ha. Lets just pretend that tomorrow we get this monster news, Led Zeppelin has decided to play X amounts of dates at indoor venues. For instance MSG? How much do you think a ticket would cost? I dont mean scalp price. I mean legit prices at the window? I say $200 for the nose bleeds and "$500 for the floor?

Jimmy was willing to do it. I commend him for that and always will. And so was JPJ and Jason of course You are going to be otomistic towards what? Go ahead and say it Deb. I felt that way a year ago. Its never happening. And its a shame that it wont. O2 was a tease. I will never understand it. They played a tribue to this guy, thats fine. Why not play a tribute to Peter grant and Bonzo too? Give us americans one last shot. And how about those that were too young to ever see them? They should be disapointed. Music is not sports. Look at the Rollkng Stones. Well, its a waste of breath and it only gets fights started. Because someone will come on here now and call me an idiot and say Robert's choices must be respected and all of that stufff I have heard over and over. At least I wont have to listen to that one so called fan that knows everything and everyone else is , what is that word he used? Oh yeah. Nimrods. What is a nimrod? Ha. Lets just pretend that tomorrow we get this monster news, Led Zeppelin has decided to play X amounts of dates at indoor venues. For instance MSG? How much do you think a ticket would cost? I dont mean scalp price. I mean legit prices at the window? I say $200 for the nose bleeds and "$500 for the floor?

Hello SM!! I just think Jimmy is so talented that he will come up with something that will suprise and amaze us all. I wasn't even thinking about a LZ reunion:-)... I have faith in the talent that the man has, just like JPJ and Robert. :yesnod:

Hello SM!! I just think Jimmy is so talented that he will come up with something that will suprise and amaze us all. I wasn't even thinking about a LZ reunion:-)... I have faith in the talent that the man has, just like JPJ and Robert. :yesnod:

I always think of a reunion Deb. Just the way I am. Oh well. nice talking to you! See you around.

Archived