What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

On 9/18/2021 at 5:33 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

The Detroit '73 show that was unearthed about a year ago, truly amazing performance, glad to know things like this are still seeing the light of day.

This is an excellent show! And I agree I love it that shows are still turning up after all these years. 

9/29/71. Osaka night #2. 50 years gone. Listening to these 1971 Japanese tour shows in such a concentrated dose has reminded me what a rude, condescending jerk Robert Plant sometimes sounds like in his comments to the Japanese crowd. Hey bub, it does not reflect well on your band if you have to ask them to wake up. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and the Who never had to ask their crowds to wake up. I seem to recall Plant doing the same at one of the 1975 shows…maybe it was Dallas? Maybe cut out the 30 minute solos and people won't fall asleep. 

Oh well…a great show otherwise. Although I now think maybe the 28th is better in some parts.

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

9/29/71. Osaka night #2. 50 years gone. Listening to these 1971 Japanese tour shows in such a concentrated dose has reminded me what a rude, condescending jerk Robert Plant sometimes sounds like in his comments to the Japanese crowd. Hey bub, it does not reflect well on your band if you have to ask them to wake up. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and the Who never had to ask their crowds to wake up. I seem to recall Plant doing the same at one of the 1975 shows…maybe it was Dallas? Maybe cut out the 30 minute solos and people won't fall asleep. 

I agree that some of his comments to the crowd were unkind and unnecessary, but these shows were about as good as live rock music gets, so the muted audience reaction is a little strange.

25 minutes ago, Strider said:

Oh well…a great show otherwise. Although I now think maybe the 28th is better in some parts.

On the plus side at least he was not Jim Morrison level MC.

Just imagine a fed up Robert screaming, "You're all a bunch of F-ing Slaves!!! Wanna see my cock-a-doodle-do???"

On 9/30/2021 at 11:12 PM, Strider said:

I'd like to think that, if he ever listens back to some of those live performances, that even the singer would be a little embarrassed by some of his comments to audiences over the years.