Robert Plant on BBC 2 Saturday night.

poortom

Just browsing through bbc 2 listings and there are three programmes dedicated to Robert on Saturday night, 1st at 22.15 Robert Plant: By Myself. Documentary. Robert Plant discusses his musical journey from Stourbridge, to Led Zeppelin to the Band of Joy. 2nd at 23.15 Robert Plant : Electric Prom. Featuring his performance at the Roundhouse with the Band Of Joy last week. 3rd at 12.15 am Robert Plant on Later. Tracing Robert's solo career from early 90's to up to date appearances on the Jools Holland show. That will be me sitting in and watching and sky +

Just browsing through bbc 2 listings and there are three programmes dedicated to Robert on Saturday night, 1st at 22.15 Robert Plant: By Myself. Documentary. Robert Plant discusses his musical journey from Stourbridge, to Led Zeppelin to the Band of Joy. 2nd at 23.15 Robert Plant : Electric Prom. Featuring his performance at the Roundhouse with the Band Of Joy last week. 3rd at 12.15 am Robert Plant on Later. Tracing Robert's solo career from early 90's to up to date appearances on the Jools Holland show. That will be me sitting in and watching and sky +

Poortom, thanks a bundle, I shall have the Virgin Media Box ready to record and I shall NEVER erase the recording, and you can take that to the bank. ;)

Regards, Danny

Don't forget that there willl be more of the Proms Gig available to watch on Freeview channel 301 later on tonight at midnight 30. It will be a 90 min edit of the proms gig..... so thats an extra 1/2 hour....far out...... Maybe it will be all the songs not in the 10 30pm broadcast....... Anyway i will be Freeview+ing it.

Great. Watched the whole thing. Plant was his usual sublime self (especially in the interviews) and really enjoyed the 'extra' stuff on channel 301 or whatever it was. The Ban of Joy and the choir were excellent too. Jo Whiley was also respectful. All round a very very nice night spent in front of the telly with some beers.

Don't forget that there willl be more of the Proms Gig available to watch on Freeview channel 301 later on tonight at midnight 30. It will be a 90 min edit of the proms gig..... so thats an extra 1/2 hour....far out...... Maybe it will be all the songs not in the 10 30pm broadcast....... Anyway i will be Freeview+ing it.

Well i just fast forwarded through what I recorded. It seems that there was an extra 2 songs broadcast with some interview, rehearsal and backstage footage on a roughly 30 min loop.....Will watch it properly when i have a bit more time.

I've just watched the interview, Robert Plant seems to just talk in riddles.

Well imho When Bobby is taking about "Playing Barritone Mandolin etc" What he is trying to say is "Look Folks.. that Led Zeppelin thing. It was great in it's day, but it's all over now".

• 1 year later...

Archived