Jimmy Tips his hat

Chap

Thanks for sharing. Jimmy said it himself!

According to Ron Wood he said it :) Beck is a total original, I love 'im. But Jimmy is the complete package: great guitarist and composer, visionary producer, and in his youth mega-cool rock star (handsome, almost pretty; scandalous behavior; notorious slightly sinister image, etc.). Page is legend.

According to Ron Wood he said it :) Beck is a total original, I love 'im. But Jimmy is the complete package: great guitarist and composer, visionary producer, and in his youth mega-cool rock star (handsome, almost pretty; scandalous behavior; notorious slightly sinister image, etc.). Page is legend.

FireOpal,

Good post!

I couldn't agree more. The only thing I would add is Jimmy Page is such a gracious guy too! :) missy

• 2 weeks later...

I think every guitar player has a guy then looked up to or played with they they will always say is the best ever.

It's also a respect thing. Jimmy doesn't want to say something along the lines of "Well, he was good but he couldn't hold my jock." I don't think he's that type of guy who will sit there and thump his chest about himself.

Jimmy appeared to be giving recognition to a great guitarist. That's how I look at it.

Is Jimmy more enjoyable to me? Yes. Is he better? Who knows. What are the scales for deciding that anyway?

• 1 month later...

I just saw Jeff Beck at Jazz Fest in NOLA and have never loved him as I do Jimmy... and I have to admit the man gave me chills.

He is jaw dropping good in person and when Trombone Shorty joined him onstage he was grinning ear to ear! I had an amazing time... He AND Robert within an hour of each other onstage, can't get much better unless Jimmy himself had been there!

Archived