Hard working?

PerpetualMotion

I don't get it.

What's with people saying, "Oh don't make it so hard on yourself" when you self criticize or fall into a worrysome attitude. But these same people talk about all the HARD WORK they do, or if they're an employer, want HARD WORKING employees to fill their needs.

What's up with this HARD WORK ? Who the hell wants to WORK HARD ?

Don't you want to make things as easy as possible ? The GOOD life ?

Hard work is SO over-rated and to advertise for a hard worker and pay them poverty wages, especially, is a crock !

How could anyone have respect for, or emulate HARD WORK ?

Pffft....

It depends on how the element of hard work factors into a situation. Values are relative when you talk about productivity, quality, demand and availability of goods and services in the marketplace, motivation, level of interest, impact on a worker's health, hazards of the workplace and customer satisfaction. But certainly compensation and satisfaction levels should be reasonable for those who supply the labor.If it's a job that you love and you look forward to going back again in the morning or whenever the shift starts, that is generally a good deal in the labor market.But you should be getting your breaks and lunches and have a positive rapport with bosses and co-workers.If you're not, then you need to re-evaluate your career and determine how to improve the path.

Jimmy Page once remarked that recognition is an important factor. So when others value what you do that increases your satisfaction level.

I still say hard work sucks the root !

I'll glance through craigslist or some other online/print media and see ad's for a hard worker. Who'd reply to something like that?

Yes, yes please dear sir, I want to work hard !!

Not a chance in hell.

Honestly, I met a hard-working person yesterday. The woman was almost obsessed with doing an oustanding job and apparently running on adrenaline. I gently reminded her to have lunch. There are those workaholics in the world.

My two cents is : "if ya wanna makes lots of $$, stay AWAY from hard work"....it just DOESN'T pay man:):):)

My thoughts exactly Spider, when you work for someone you only make them Rich, work for yourself and you'll have a chance to get rich but not quickly,

To make real money you need to be marketable, no talent required, just act Dumb and the world is your oyster.

Or get in to Law and hope you can climb socialy.

Or be lucky enough to have a sporting talent that gets recognised.

Or win the Lotery Big Time.

Regards, Danny

PS, I'm sure there are many ways to become rich, they have just eluded me. :(

I always give my best effort and strive to exceed expectations; even if there's no tangible reward in it. And I agree with the working smarter too; work smarter in order to exceed expectations. :yesnod:

It's all about working smarter, not harder.

So true ! It's getting the rest of our coworkers to do the same that's hard.

It's all about working smarter, not harder.

A professor of mine in school says that all the time, especially when teaching computer-based stuff. She's always stressing to people that it's easier and just as beneficial to do something smarter that takes less time, than doing something that takes hours -- especially when you'll get the same outcome both times.

If two people decide to save up some money, one doing so by filling up a jar with change at the end of the day, the other by automatic deposits into a savings account, they're both going to accomplish the goal of saving money....one is just going to get there faster.

A professor of mine in school says that all the time, especially when teaching computer-based stuff. She's always stressing to people that it's easier and just as beneficial to do something smarter that takes less time, than doing something that takes hours -- especially when you'll get the same outcome both times.

If two people decide to save up some money, one doing so by filling up a jar with change at the end of the day, the other by automatic deposits into a savings account, they're both going to accomplish the goal of saving money....one is just going to get there faster.

I'm gonna start putting my hard -earned $$$ under the floor tiles again:):):)B):)

What's up with this HARD WORK ? Who the hell wants to WORK HARD ?

Nobody. If you are an employee, the trick is convincing your Boss, your co-workers, and especially your spouse that you are working hard. Once that's accomplished, you can spend all day surfing music sites. It's an art ! B)

That's NOT true mate.....I just got a promotion for working smarter :):):)

You said when working smarter becomes hard work then that's where the problem lies!?

WTF has that got to do with getting a promotion?

Whatever you reckon mate, once again you aint making much sense!?

But we're all used to that aren't we!?

You said when working smarter becomes hard work then that's where the problem lies!?

WTF has that got to do with getting a promotion?

Whatever you reckon mate, once again you aint making much sense!?

But we're all used to that aren't we!?

You forget mate that I'm currently working in Italy, a place where working smarter means necessarily working less...that's how ya get promoted over here...PLS WAKE UP...as usual you go to sleep too much when debating with me:):):):)!!!!

Here's a great article showing you what you'll probably get for working HARD !

Unless of course, you're in the top 1% of incomes earned. Likely story, huh ?

Just an excerpt to get you started.

Probably by now, we’ve all seen this graph or one like it. Just one in a series of graphs that rub in our faces a fact that I have known for decades (yes, decades). The rich are stealing from you.

You can pretend that the rich people in this chart actually earn their extravagant livelihoods, but everything in the evidentiary world points to the opposite. They steal it. From endemic fraud, shady accounting practices and off-shore accounts to government bail-outs, regulatory cop-outs and refusal to prosecute the most egregious actions, the rich have gamed the system so entirely that most people, still to this day, have no idea what I am talking about. And it’s been going on for decades.

The top end of the income scale since the seventies have seen incredible increases while the bottom has remained flat. When I say the top, I mean the top ten percent, in particular the top one percent. The other ninety percent of us have flat-lined for over thirty years, despite tremendous advances in our productivity!

Sorry America,

You're Fired

inequality.jpg

More,

http://my.firedoglake.com/changeisgood/2011/04/10/america-i-dont-want-to-work-for-you-anymore/

Generally,not in all cases,but most.It's been my experience over the years,when I've seen an advert for "hard worker wanted" the boss has usually been a wanker.

That person advertises for a hard worker and bitches to all and sundry that they can't get someone who'll stay and actually work hard,not realising because in their own eyes they're the perfect boss,that they are actually the reason that the lack of a hard-worker exists.The main problems being (a) the way they treat their workers is woeful,intimidating and close to psychopathic.And/or (b)the wages for the job were shit,not to mention having to put up with a friggin' spun-out dick screaming about how the government made them pay to insure you for the job you're doing and how damn much it costs,or anything else that rattled their little cage for that day.

Don't get me wrong,I've had many good bosses over the years and if they were decent people I got the job done well,and on time.Many times though,you won't find out about the hidden mental-case until you've actually started working for them.And no,I don't bring out the worst in people.:blink::P

If you mostly enjoy your job,like the people that you work with and can see that they're working hard,then you gots to pull your weight too.

Generally,not in all cases,but most.It's been my experience over the years,when I've seen an advert for "hard worker wanted" the boss has usually been a wanker.

That person advertises for a hard worker and bitches to all and sundry that they can't get someone who'll stay and actually work hard,not realising because in their own eyes they're the perfect boss,that they are actually the reason that the lack of a hard-worker exists.The main problems being (a) the way they treat their workers is woeful,intimidating and close to psychopathic.And/or (b)the wages for the job were shit,not to mention having to put up with a friggin' spun-out dick screaming about how the government made them pay to insure you for the job you're doing and how damn much it costs,or anything else that rattled their little cage for that day.

Don't get me wrong,I've had many good bosses over the years and if they were decent people I got the job done well,and on time.Many times though,you won't find out about the hidden mental-case until you've actually started working for them.And no,I don't bring out the worst in people.:blink::P

If you mostly enjoy your job,like the people that you work with and can see that they're working hard,then you gots to pull your weight too.

I like you Ross, but no i wont give you a job, why, because you are a lazy b and wont work for nothing. :o:lol:

But i do agree with what you say, my own son just worked on a building site for 3 days, £50 a day, £20 stopages and £10 a day fares, so he comes home with £20 a day, £100 a week, and his Mum wants that just to feed him, are we really living in the free world or are we still slaves to the system?

Regards, Danny

are we really living in the free world or are we still slaves to the system?

Regards, Danny

We're all slaves to the system my friend. Some do better than others but doing nothing at all, is akin to dying a slow and painfull death

You forget mate that I'm currently working in Italy, a place where working smarter means necessarily working less...that's how ya get promoted over here...PLS WAKE UP...as usual you go to sleep too much when debating with me:):):):)!!!!

That's the whole point of working smarter, working less and being more efficient and productive! :blink:

It's not about bludging or duck shoving everything on your workmates or reports either, which from some of the incohereht ramblings of yours you would certainly be capable of either by stealth or stupidity.

Several things always elude you when you rant and rave under the guise of debating, those being, substance, clarity and logic to name a few.

So you're in Italy eh?

Obviously they needed to dumb down so they promoted you!? :rolleyes:

A bit of advice to the Mass Debater, lay off whatever you're on and get your hand off it! :slapface:

Archived