Casey Anthony - Not Guilty of First Degree Murder

2bitnogoodjive

And mine. I was waiting to be pounced on for that, but I used my words carefuly. For me, I meant a good nights sleep in the case of an illness which would disrupt that. But I personally know people who have used Calpol, and Dimetapp, to help their children sleep after a trans-Atlantic flight. It's actually safe, and not immoral to do that, and I can see why people have.

The body language that was shown to us in that video was in relation to that question. I suspect You may well disaprove of this, but they knew that it wasn't harmful, and I personally don't have any issue with that, though it isn't something I would do. This is in NO WAY evidence that they were involved in the disappearance of their daughter - but quite obviously an uncomfortable question for them because they knew that it would lead some to be critical of their parenting - which is obviously where they had already made a crucial mistake in leaving their chidren alone.

I am very clear that they made mistakes. I am equally clear that the consequences they have had to endure, and their daughter has had to endure, far outweigh any that they may have deserved.

I see no paralells whatsoever between these two cases, the comparison sickens me.

Hi Knebby,

I must agree, Calpo is a must for any young kids, they way it quickly takes their temprature down is remarkable, my own Nan used to use a drop of whiskey in milk for teething as well, something babies seem to like very much.

Kind Regards, Danny

As for your question: if my child disappeared, I would be anxious to be as helpful and unobstructive as possible in the investigation. This would include answering all questions fully and frankly, regardless of how irrelevant or offensive they might appear. If I fell under suspicion, I would volunteer to take a lie detector test, regardless of whether the results were admissible as evidence, because I would find it unbearable to have my grief compounded by the thought that anyone could possibly believe I might be responsible. Finally, no way would I hire a publicist or spokesperson. If I had anything constructive to say, or any questions to answer, I would do it myself, secure in the knowledge that I had nothing to hide and therefore would not be in any danger of saying anything incriminating.

None of that answers my question at all.

My question was :-

" - if you had murdered your own daughter, with no apparent motive, managed to dispose of her body, and, despite being arrested and interrogated by the police, "got away with it", would you then spend the rest of your life trying to keep your daughter's disappearance in the public eye???"

Hi Knebby,

I must agree, Calpo is a must for any young kids, they way it quickly takes their temprature down is remarkable, my own Nan used to use a drop of whiskey in milk for teething as well, something babies seem to like very much.

Kind Regards, Danny

My Mum used to dip my sister's dummy (pacifier) in "Vyrol" (sp?) which took the varnish off the top of the bedside cabinet when it dripped on it. :blink: Seemed to keep her happy though ;)

Well, it's started already. Juror #3 has already stated that she didn't think Casey was innocent, just not guilty! Also, the jurors are requiring a fee before appearing on any talk shows! :blink:

How about standing up for at least man slaughter or aggravated child abuse?!?

Also, Chaney Mason has been photographed flipping off the media during their party yesterday around the corner from the courthouse. He is such an angry ole f*ck! :lol:

Just think, only 24 hours has passed.....

" - if you had murdered your own daughter, with no apparent motive, managed to dispose of her body, and, despite being arrested and interrogated by the police, "got away with it", would you then spend the rest of your life trying to keep your daughter's disappearance in the public eye???"

I chose to answer your question from a point of view to which I could just about relate. I cannot relate to murder, nor how a murderer might think or behave. I think I have answered your question adequately, if not in the precise manner you sought.

I would however add one final observation: guilt can manifest itself in unexpected and involuntary ways. Just ask Lady Macbeth.

You've obviously been thinking about this a lot today. If I were you, I'd stop digging.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, have you heard of Munchausen by Proxy syndrome? Where parents purposefully cause harm to their children because they want attention and because they enjoy being seen as the grieving parent(s)?

I'm not saying that's what is going on here, because I don't know anything about the McCann case, just that there ARE people who do the very thing that you describe for the very reason I listed above. Look at Susan Smith for example. She drowned her two children, but came up with this wild story about how a black man carjacked her with her two children in the car, and then drove off. She went on TV all weepy and overcome with grief, begging this "perpetrator" to return the kids. Meanwhile, she had driven her car into a lake with the two of them strapped in the back seat. She enjoyed the attention she got from the press, from strangers, from her own family.

So it's not at all far-fetched to say that a parent or parents would do something like that. Again, I'm not accusing the McCanns of this, just that it has happened before, and it does exist.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, have you heard of Munchausen by Proxy syndrome? Where parents purposefully cause harm to their children because they want attention and because they enjoy being seen as the grieving parent(s)?

I'm not saying that's what is going on here, because I don't know anything about the McCann case, just that there ARE people who do the very thing that you describe for the very reason I listed above. Look at Susan Smith for example. She drowned her two children, but came up with this wild story about how a black man carjacked her with her two children in the car, and then drove off. She went on TV all weepy and overcome with grief, begging this "perpetrator" to return the kids. Meanwhile, she had driven her car into a lake with the two of them strapped in the back seat. She enjoyed the attention she got from the press, from strangers, from her own family.

So it's not at all far-fetched to say that a parent or parents would do something like that. Again, I'm not accusing the McCanns of this, just that it has happened before, and it does exist.

Electrophile, I see possibilities with your premise in this situation. However, in the Susan Smith case, I recall she was infatuated with a young single dude who said he didn't want children, had money, etc. I believe he to be an artist.

Would the real father now have motivation to find out his paternity? If he was the father he could bring a civil case. But of course she probably doesn't have much from what little I know? But if I had been one of those that slept with her I would sure want to know.

While I agree the prosecution screwed up by not including a lesser murder charge, they did include manslaughter as one of the charges, which while not capital murder, would put her in prison regardless. The jury didn't just say she wasn't guilty of premeditated murder, they said she wasn't guilty of the child's death, no matter to what degree she was charged with participating in it. She even walked on the child abuse charge.

It seems to me that the jury made the relevance of those lesser charges contingent on the plausibility of the greater charge. Therefore, if the greater cannot be proven then the lesser charges cannot be justified either. I don't agree with that line of reasoning but that's what their thinking appears to be.

Well, it's started already. Juror #3 has already stated that she didn't think Casey was innocent, just not guilty! Also, the jurors are requiring a fee before appearing on any talk shows! :blink:

How about standing up for at least man slaughter or aggravated child abuse?!?

Also, Chaney Mason has been photographed flipping off the media during their party yesterday around the corner from the courthouse. He is such an angry ole f*ck! :lol:

Just think, only 24 hours has passed.....

Funny how things change when the old greenbacks are involved. Now it will be even more dramatic, stories will change and you won't know what to believe. :burp:

:nuke:

I'm sure this will come across as naive to some of you and have you spewing over your keyboard, but much as there are laws that prohibit criminals from profiting from their crimes, maybe we need a similar one for jurors.

Then this charade of jurors demanding money before going on talk shows or selling their story to the highest bidder would cease.

I didn't pay much attention to the case, either before or during the trial, but after reading various articles detailing the case and the evidence as presented at trial, I'd say every member of the jury is guilty of dereliction of duty.

As for trying to figure out what line of reasoning the jurors used, that's impossible, as it appears they didn't use ANY REASONING at all. They FAILED that little girl. They FAILED the American justice system.

For any one of those idiots to see one penny of profit from this debacle is a sham of a mockery of a sham.

Watching Nancy Grace and other news outlets tonight, everyone is excited about tomorrow when Casey is set to be released. You get the feeling that Nancy and everybody is hoping for a Jack Ruby moment...that someone takes Casey out.

There no winners in this case...everybody loses.

Electrophile - yes of course I've heard of it. It doesn't just apply to parents. There have been several cases in the UK where it has been an issue - one particularly striking case where a nurse sabotaged the care of several of her patients to enjoy the attention and drama that it brought to her ward. I appreciate your input (honestly) but if you DID know about this case, you'd know that it doesn't apply here, for many many reasons, but it's enough to give the basic one - it doesn't strike couples, just individuals - it's a psychiatric illness, not a lifestyle choice.

Bouillon - I've thought of it no more than you, it was actually you who brought it up - and it's not known as "digging", it's known as discussion - why raise a topic if you don't want to discuss it? I should have known better than to try to debate with you, there is nothing about your posts that has ever appealed to me - even in your previous incarnation.

Bouillon - I've thought of it no more than you, it was actually you who brought it up - and it's not known as "digging", it's known as discussion - why raise a topic if you don't want to discuss it? I should have known better than to try to debate with you, there is nothing about your posts that has ever appealed to me - even in your previous incarnation.

I would be perfectly happy to debate with you, were it not for the fact that you have resorted - in this thread, and elsewhere - to vituperative and unfounded personal comments and accusations which, as any 6th former will tell you, have no place in reasoned debate. As a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing you engaging in anything resembling extended debate elsewhere, yet by your own admission you appear eager to 'try to debate' with me here. So there must have been something in my posts here that has appealed to your inner Socrates.

As a matter of disinterest, who do you think I was in my 'previous incarnation'?

Would the real father now have motivation to find out his paternity? If he was the father he could bring a civil case. But of course she probably doesn't have much from what little I know? But if I had been one of those that slept with her I would sure want to know.

I've always been under the suspicion that perhaps, due to how she went out of her way to lie about her employment, she was working as a prostitute or in a strip club. Daughter of a John? She said the father died, but there is no reason to believe her. Interestingly enough, brother Lee, when asked about Casey's impending child birth, he was told by the parents to "Just let it go". What's to let go? He wasn't invited to the baby shower, which they held in their family home where he lived. What wool were they trying to pull over the eyes?

Twisted story, for sure.

There just wasn't enough evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. But I've definitely seen people convicted on a lot less.

This is where I'm torn on this case too. On the one hand I think yeah, the prosecution didn't prove their case. On the other, I think what happened to common sense? I'm just glad I have faith in Karma.

Prosecution should never have tried for the murder 1/death penalty. A lesser charge or punishment might have had more chance of a guilty verdict. Most jurors need concrete proof before sending someone to their death, even a POS like her.

Do I think she did it? Yes.

Did the prosecution prove beyond a reasonable doubt she did it? Not IMO, & obviously not in the minds of the jury either.

Told my wife she would get off for murder, but not the child endangerment charges. Now that suprised me that she was found "not guilty" on those charges. Your 2 yr. old is missing for a month before you report it?????? How is that not endangerment????

Hopefully karma comes quickly for this POS, before she can make millions on book deals, movie deals & interviews.

Disclaimer: My opinion only.

This was a miscarriage of justice and I'm embarassed to say I LIVE in Pinellas County where these jurors were selected.

The tot mom did not report her child missing for 31 days!

No normal mom parties down while her child is missing for 31 days.

While not evidence of murder in and of itself, can we at least agree this was aggravated neglect/child abuse?

I wish I would have been called up. I would have hung that jury before walking out with the verdict this group did.

Unbelievable.............missy

They deserved to be treated like criminals. As parents they rejected their primary duty to protect their children because why? They wanted to have some fun with their friends? If it wasn't going to be a family vacation, they should have left their children at home with a responsible adult.

I don't entirely disagree with this. However, being treated like criminals wasn't the consequence I meant - I meant losing their daughter to an unknown fate and having to live every day with that fact.

Yes, Missy, I totally agree - not reporting that your child is missing for 31 DAYS is inexcusable.

Oh. sorry if I misunderstood your point. I guess I was taking what you said about it being a "mistake" that caused me think you were giving them a soft landing.

How many times do we hear stories about the consequences of a momentary lack or judgment? A mom takes a phone call while the child is bathing in the tub, or a toddler left in a car for a couple of minutes while dad goes inside the store to buy something.

Some of these actions are just distractions that occur, while others are just really bad parenting.

Cheers,

Brad

No worries. The written word is often hard to interpret.

Yeah sometimes I think "There but for the grace of God". We all make mistakes in life - and as we all know parenting is no exception. I often see foolish things done by friends who are otherwise loving, caring and sensible. It's a minefield.

However, in this current court case, I can't imagine what would lead a mother to carry on partying for a month without sending people out to look for her daughter. It's beyond reason.

Prosecution should never have tried for the murder 1/death penalty. A lesser charge or punishment might have had more chance of a guilty verdict. Most jurors need concrete proof before sending someone to their death, even a POS like her.

If you'd read further up in the thread, you'd see that the prosecutors DID include a lesser charge, that of manslaughter, to the indictment. So the jury not only acquitted her of the more serious charge, they acquitted her of the lesser charges as well. So it's not like the prosecution said "Murder One or bust" -- they did give the jury two other options.

Casey Anthony was just sentenced to four years in jail for providing false information to law enforcement, though because she's already spent three years in jail, she'll more than likely be released in late July or early August.

I'm sure that'll learn her. <_<

Not if they are black. If Casey Anthony was black that jury would have come back with a guilty verdict, and they would have no problem with giving her the death penalty. Bank on it.

Archived