and of course The Continental Hyatt (Riot) House in West Hollywood

Zezar Stadium, San Francisco

That's Kezar Stadium. :)

My list:

Me :D

The Sierra Nevadas

Mono Lake

Death Valley

Bodie (Largest surviving ghost town in the U.S.)

Point Reyes Lighthouse

Point Bonita Lighthouse

Fort Point

Santa Cruz

Monterey

Crescent City

Mt. Lassen

Mt. Shasta

Lake Tahoe

And of course I've been to Winterland, The Fillmore, Fillmore West, The Avalon, Kezar Stadium (as a kid to watch the 49ers and collect the cushions for a nickle refund)

Kezar Pavilion (Where my Mother used to take me to Roller Derby)

San Francisco:

Muni Pier

Aquatic park

DeYoung Museum

The Ferry Building (and the old ferry boats and slips where they docked where we used to fish)

Twin Peaks

Coit Tower

The Marina (Part of 'Bullitt' was filmed there)

The Haight/Ashbury

The Haight & Harding Theaters (Where we went as kids to watch horror movies and zillions of cartoons)

The York Theater

The Fox Theater

The Paramount Theater

The Embassy Theater

The Del Mar Theater

The Mission Theater

Market Street was a wonderful place for me as a kid. It is now a run down dump. :(

Fisherman's Wharf

Pier 39

Playland At The Beach (long gone) I saw Eric Burdon & War at the roller skating rink that was right at the end of the midway.

The Cliff House

Sutro's (long gone)

Mt. Davidson

Upper Broadway (where all the lawyers and Getty types live)

Chinatown

Columbus Ave. and Upper Grant St. (lotsa Dirty Harry filming in that area)

Golden Gate Park with The Panhandle, Polo Fields, The Dutch Windmills, The Buffalo Herd, Stow Lake

Geary Blvd.

The Old Mint on 5th St.

The New Mint on upper Market St.

Hyde Pier

That's it for now. Yeah, thanks California.

:)

Tallest mountain in the continental United States. What a view!

I've been close but never climbed it.

Kezar is where Dirty Harry tortured the Scorpio Killer.

:D The flyaway shot was great and you could see the fog coming in.

Bodie is the best Ghost Town in California, A great day trip from Yosemite if you have the time. I was once told that during the 1860s Bodie was the 2nd largest city west of the Mississippi after San Francisco.

I think it reached a population of 10,000. Hard to believe because it really is a small area. We camped a few times on the other side of the 'gold hill' and if you hiked up on one of the other hills you can see Mono Lake. We also saw coyotes and pronghorn antelope.

I love the San Francisco part of your list. S.F. is such a great city, Way more interesting than LA in my opinion. When I was a kid we never missed going to Coit Tower on any visit to SF. Then we would go to Fisherman's Wharf and have shellfish, and then walk over Gharidelli Square for ice cream.

I forgot Ghirardelli Square. I have a nice black and white pic of it I took at night from Muni Pier back in the 70's.

I also love the WW2 memorial at Land's End on the USS San Francisco that was heavily damaged at Guadalcanal. I really miss being by the ocean.

Hey, we even have a Zep song named after us :P

I'll start it off.

Thank you California for:

Fabulous Forum, Inglewood

Whiskey-A-Go-Go, West Hollywood

Zezar Stadium, San Francisco

Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco

San Diego Sports Arena

Santa Barbara Fair Grounds

Fillmore West, San Francisco

Aneheim Convention Center

Rose Palace, Pasadena

Long Beach Arena

Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino

Berkeley Community Theater

Fox Theater, San Diego

Oakland Coliseum

Santa Monica Civic Center

Crawford Hall, Irvine CA

Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, San Jose

and of course The Continental Hyatt (Riot) House in West Hollywood

All your Thank You's are all concert venues. Surely there is way more to California than just places where Led Zeppelin and other groups have played.

I would like to thank California for Vincent Bugliosi, the prosecutor who put Charlie Manson behind prison walls for life and who co-wrote and authored one of the greatest books of all-time, "Helter Skelter". Everyone has heard of or about Charles Manson, however, has everyone read this real life crime story? I have read and re-read this book at least a dozen times ever since I became aware of real, true life crime books.

If anyone loves to read, I highly suggest reading this book.

A facinating book, real life crime drama.

Another thing we agree on.

Cheers,

Brad

His book "Outrage" was great too. Laying out the closing arguments he would have used had he tried the case, it made me so upset that he didn't, and those idiots Clark and Darden ruined everything.

Hey Mattmc,

Did you ever read Mark Furman's book Murder In Brentwood. Not as great of a read as Outrage, but Furman did a great job showing how all the evidence pointed to Simpson too.

Bugliosi wrote the forward for Furman's book. I think he agreed with Furman about many of his observations.

Cheers,

Brad

I am going to say something that I truly believe (even though whatever I post, I truly believe because I have and always will have my own strong beliefs and convictions), whether or not anyone agrees or disagrees with me.

I think that the "jury" in the O.J. Simpson murder trial were actually swayed or persuaded to come back with a "not guilty" verdict. I think that if O.J. Simpson verdict was "guilty", the whole city of Los Angeles and surrounding areas would have been literally and completely burned to the ground. The case and the verdict seem to come down to "Black" versus "White". Just look at what happened to Los Angeles after the the acquittal of the "White" policemen in the Rodney King beating. Riots everywhere. Probably over a few billion dollars in damages, repairs, insurance and rebuilding.

If I am even close to what I think, I believe that the Powers that be (whoever they were/are), realized that it was better to let one man "get away with murder", then let a whole city (and possibly the whole country) be looted and burned down.

Think about it. Two murdered white American citizens dead versus Billions and Billions of damages, etc... Whether right or wrong, it seems to make a big difference when looked at at an econimical stand point.

(By the way, I am a Hispanic male born and raised in the Great State of Texas, so I am not at all biased in any way). JUST MY FUCKING HONEST THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS.

Hey lzzoso,

I think this is a good post and I am going to respond to it. But if it's cool with you I am going to cut and paste it into the 'Crimes and Punishment' thread. It's a good point and I think people may want to discuss it.

Cheers,

Brad

Thank You! Like I said, I will always stand by and defend myself. Whether I may be completely "Right" or absolutley "Wrong". Surely, I am not the only American to express this (my) belief.

Archived