another year over

poortom

thats another year nearly in, was just thinking from earlier in the year after reading so many posts about things happening this year, new Jimmy material, release of the DVD reunion, ect ect and yet another year nearly gone and nothing :zzz: oh well ill sleep till next year now :zzz: someone wake me in the event of something happening please :yourock:

I think that most people around here feel the same way. I'm not sure if any musician would publicize their retirement, but at this point it looks like Jimmy has retired. It's hard to believe, but it seems he won't tour or put out new music unless it's with Robert.

I don't know but you would think that Robert's and JPJ's constant activity would inspire Jimmy to work a little but I guess not.

Thank god for bootlegs.

I could see a release of the 02 DVD next year to celebrate its 5 year anniversary.

thats another year nearly in, was just thinking from earlier in the year after reading so many posts about things happening this year, new Jimmy material, release of the DVD reunion, ect ect and yet another year nearly gone and nothing :zzz: oh well ill sleep till next year now :zzz: someone wake me in the event of something happening please :yourock:

PoorTom,

Doubtlessly, when Jimmy turns up at the 2011 Classic Rock Awards, he will be asked about any plans. I'll bet he gives the same old answer like "i'll have to do something in 2012. Get out there and manifest some music". :zzz::rolleyes:

Sure makes you wonder why he won't do anything. Of all the surviving Zeppelin members I believe Page has suffered the most emotionally from losing his band. If you think about it he has never truly moved on and presented much of anything in the here and now. He ruled the Houses of the Holy in the 70's and though he tried with the Firm it really wasn't taking off in sales. He seems content just showing up once in a while as a guest, usually to play a Zep number, or to talk about the past. I truly do think at this point its Zeppelin or nothing for him. Personally, I have always wished for an acoustic CD with a female vocalist.followed by an acoutsical tour of 3000 seat halls. Dreaming at this point. What I do wonder is what happened during those 2008 rehearsals and why isn't anyone talking about them besides the BS from Steven "Idol makes me ill" Tyler. Even JPJ doesn't say much about it. Why did it just end? Was it as simple as Page wanting to play just Zeppelin material and the others new stuff? What else is interesting is you don't see or hear of many people trying to get Page out there. Maybe musicians for the most part don't want to live in the past and be shadowed by a living legend. I don't know. What I do know is that Plant doesn't seem to be wanting to do aything with him musically.

For musicians Page's age that have seen music media go from reel-to-reel, vinyl, cassettes, 8-tracks, CDs to mp3's, I think it's become increasingly difficult to know how to market your music. He's addressed this himself and has mentioned uploading new music to his website. While that's one option, when and if he ever gets around to it, I hope he also makes his music available in some sort of physical format. The vinyl reissue of Death Wish II is a good sign format-wise but it sounds like more living in the past when I know there's those of us that would rather hear what he's up to now musically.

No new music from Page and his website has turned out to be a big fat ZERO in my opinion. Personally, I don't care what he did "on this day" in 1988 or whatever year. A reissue of the "Deathwish 2" soundtrack?? No thanks. BTW where is it? That book with old photos with anecdotes? Overpriced for sure. What these things indicate to me is someone who either can't or doesn't want to exist in the present. Looks like he's retired. He's earned it. He can do what he wants.

Sure makes you wonder why he won't do anything. Of all the surviving Zeppelin members I believe Page has suffered the most emotionally from losing his band. If you think about it he has never truly moved on and presented much of anything in the here and now. He ruled the Houses of the Holy in the 70's and though he tried with the Firm it really wasn't taking off in sales. He seems content just showing up once in a while as a guest, usually to play a Zep number, or to talk about the past. I truly do think at this point its Zeppelin or nothing for him. Personally, I have always wished for an acoustic CD with a female vocalist.followed by an acoutsical tour of 3000 seat halls. Dreaming at this point. What I do wonder is what happened during those 2008 rehearsals and why isn't anyone talking about them besides the BS from Steven "Idol makes me ill" Tyler. Even JPJ doesn't say much about it. Why did it just end? Was it as simple as Page wanting to play just Zeppelin material and the others new stuff? What else is interesting is you don't see or hear of many people trying to get Page out there. Maybe musicians for the most part don't want to live in the past and be shadowed by a living legend. I don't know. What I do know is that Plant doesn't seem to be wanting to do aything with him musically.

:goodpost:

i bought my copy of jimmy page and black crowes, on internet and got the cd in mail....so maybe jimmy page is thinking of doing that again, or his website. hey its like selling cds at shows or out of trunks of cars and it works for all artists at this point and its great. i have no doubts at all that he will present new music one day. it may be yrs from now, but i am sure he has recorded stuff and wants records out there again.

PoorTom,

Doubtlessly, when Jimmy turns up at the 2011 Classic Rock Awards, he will be asked about any plans. I'll bet he gives the same old answer like "i'll have to do something in 2012. Get out there and manifest some music". :zzz::rolleyes:

It is becoming abit of a tradition on LZ.com.

This year Jimmy did two guest gigs. I thought now he has his love to playing live back.

I thought the same, I thought he was building some momentum. I still believe when the time is right for him he will continue to be involved with music in some way.

RP, JPJ and Jason B have all been busy and for me that's been a very good thing

I know how you feel, the main reason I don't come around these parts that often is due to the lack of things going on that interest me.

The last time I got stupidly excited about something Zeppelin related was Them Crooked Vultures and I really hope they'll release something new in the future, JPJ's playing with Seasick Steve was also immense.

Robert's new direction doesn't excite me, it seems to lack the power and force of his previous work, the Band of Joy pale in comparison to Strange Sensation IMO, Mighty Rearranger was easily one of the best rock albums of the '00s. Kudos to the guy for doing what he wants and I'm glad he's found music that he's passionate about but whilst I did enjoy the shows I saw there was something lacking - namely a guitar player who plays with the same attack and force Jimmy did (Justin Adams pulled this off brilliantly I thought).

As for Jimmy, well I think the big question is whether his album will be out before the next Guns N' Roses one :lol: I hope he does some live shows at some point as I'd kill to see him live and quite happily pay stupid money to see him. It does seem to be Zeppelin or nothing with him.

I'm wondering if Jimmy is actually physically up to playing for extended periods anymore, I remember reading that he had problems with his hands dating as far back as '71/'72. Sure, he did the O2 but that was only one show.

Archived