2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Losing Jeter is a real blow. We'd much rather kick their ass at full-strength.

Then we should've played the ALCS back in April.....no Jeter or Rivera? When was the last time that happened?!? I still can't believe the Yanks even made the ALCS with the thin pitching to start the season, injuries during the season and lack of hitting down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Good luck vs. the NL Detroit! I have league loyalty...

The problem with the Yankees is NOT losing Jeter or Mariano. The problem is Cano, A-Rod, Granderson and Swisher. What does it tell you when 40 year old Raul Ibanez is stealing the spotlight from those guys. The only reason they beat the O's is because the O's team batting average during the division series was WORSE than the Yankees. Since 2001 the Yankees post season performance has been dismal. Can't get any clutch hits, etc, etc, etc. They won the World Series in 2009 and guess what? A-Rod was hitting that post season.

The problem with the Yankees is NOT losing Jeter or Mariano. The problem is Cano, A-Rod, Granderson and Swisher. What does it tell you when 40 year old Raul Ibanez is stealing the spotlight from those guys. The only reason they beat the O's is because the O's team batting average during the division series was WORSE than the Yankees. Since 2001 the Yankees post season performance has been dismal. Can't get any clutch hits, etc, etc, etc. They won the World Series in 2009 and guess what? A-Rod was hitting that post season.

No kiddin'....:rolleyes:

The point is they were about the only two the Yankees could count on in the post season and they are both gone. Been a long time.....and the Yankees will suffer as a result.

No kiddin'.... :rolleyes:

Well then why didn't you say it smart aleck.

The point is they were about the only two the Yankees could count on in the post season and they are both gone. Been a long time.....and the Yankees will suffer as a result.

I don't agree. They were without Mariano almost the entire season and survived THAT and a host of other injuries.

Calm down Jethro - I'm just irritate with Rick's comment and you got in the cross fire. 162 doesn't matter in Yankee world, just October and Rivera is about the greatest ever in October and DJ ain't too shabby either! ;)

They brought a sense of calmness and confidence to the team when performing in the post season and that cannot be replaced.

If the first 162 mattered that much, A-Roid would have two hands worth of hardware and the Braves would too! Assuming you're also a Yankees fan, I would've thought that would be obvious to you.

What is March 2013? Calm down Walter.

Spring training for your Orioles and your comment was uncalled for! I didn't kick you while you were down and I'm not one of those arrogant Yankee fans you argue with all the time either.

Spring training for your Orioles and your comment was uncalled for! I didn't kick you while you were down and I'm not one of those arrogant Yankee fans you argue with all the time either.

We got robbed on that "foul ball" that grazed the poll and your Yankees sucked out big time in game 3. We have a young team that nobody picked to finish anywhere but last. Now we know what we have on our pitching staff. We know Gonzalez is a keeper. I have taken so much shit from Yankee fans off the board I forgot that it wasnt here that they came from (the insults) so ok Walter, I apologize. But I still hate the Yankees and what they represent.

Since you mentioned March 2013, I have never looked forward more to this camp. Potential starting rotation for the Baltimore Orioles,

Gonzalez

Bundy

Saunders

Hammel

Tillman or Chen

In any event, we will be in the race. I will take our young lineup and put them against any team. Better days to come for the Orioles.

Since you mentioned March 2013, I have never looked forward more to this camp. Potential starting rotation for the Baltimore Orioles,

Gonzalez

Bundy

Saunders

Hammel

Tillman or Chen

In any event, we will be in the race. I will take our young lineup and put them against any team. Better days to come for the Orioles.

yawn. :zzz:

Would love to see Detroit and SanFran in the WS. Not a Yankee fan at all being from the NYC area. Would like some new blood in the series, but all of these teams have been their recently. It can still be good. Just don't want the Yankees or Cards in there.

Would love to see Detroit and SanFran in the WS. Not a Yankee fan at all being from the NYC area. Would like some new blood in the series, but all of these teams have been their recently. It can still be good. Just don't want the Yankees or Cards in there.

AMEN TO THAT

Archived