2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

That ball knicked the foul pole. should be 2-1 but no balls by the umps.

The replay is up on MLB.com. The ball Obviously changed direction and the article says they couldn't see any direction change. Replay was put in place to get right. There needs to be a system put in place lie hockey were it is taken out of he umps hands.

I am not crying foul. Let's make it fair.

Get it right or grow a pair.

Oh my. We're one step closer to my own personal nightmare, a Yankees/Cardinals world series. <_< I don't know if I can even watch the rest of these playoffs. Fucking Drew Storen! :angry:

Why would this be your "own personal nightmare"? Just curious.

The Saint Louis Cardinals have very much proven themselves that, no matter what, They know how to Play baseball and Will not give up until the last out is called. They did it last year and have done it again, even without the Mighty Albert Pujols.

The Saint Louis Cardinals know how to Win games when it matters and They will continue to do so.

You (and everyone else) has to Respect a Team that DOES NOT RELENT, Even if You do not like that team.

Me, I Love the Saint Louis Cardinals.

420570_10151267255543210_1439457376_n.jpg

Just get it done. Beat them. I say Detroit should win and will win today and the series. I am shocked at the loss of Washington. I went to bed thinking they had won. Shocking. And now the strasburg talk begins. Davey Johnson, if he did not make the decision, he may walk. I know what Davey is like.

Missed all the baseball yesterday. Sorry ebk, Black Dawg and all the rest of you Orioles fans (hmmm, who am I missing? What's his name...unrepentant gambler and Yankee-hater...oh yeah, Rick!), I really thought Baltimore could get it done and go all the way.

Oh well, as Cubs fans know all too well...wait 'til next year!

With the Yankees winning, baseball season effectively ends for me. Oh, I might keep up with the games in the newspaper and even watch a little if I'm home and nothing else is on. But I really have no rooting interest in any of the teams left, save the Detroit Tigers. Don't want the Giants to win. Don't want the Cardinals to win. Don't want the Yankees to win.

So, unless Detroit beats the Yankees, I won't even watch any of the World Series games.

Hey, Bong Man, you got room for me on the Tigers bandwagon? GO TIGERS!

The Saint Louis Cardinals have very much proven themselves that, no matter what, They know how to Play baseball and Will not give up until the last out is called. They did it last year and have done it again, even without the Mighty Albert Pujols.

The Saint Louis Cardinals know how to Win games when it matters and They will continue to do so.

You (and everyone else) has to Respect a Team that DOES NOT RELENT, Even if You do not like that team.

Me, I Love the Saint Louis Cardinals.

Congrats on your team doing well! I'm a (disappointed) Brewers fan

Kinda hard for me to hope your team wins, but here goes: The Cardinals are representing the NL Central now, so do our Division proud!

Why would this be your "own personal nightmare"? Just curious.

It's a nightmare to me because I really wanted to see some new blood in the World Series. The Yankees have 27 rings, the Cardinals 11. That's more than enough. A Tigers/Giants World Series I would watch, but the Cardinals/Yankees, no thanks. :dont:

Jusy my personal feelings on the matter.

A looooong, not-good day for me yesterday. I'm kinda glad I didn't get to watch the O's game, though, since I was at the ballpark for the nightcap. Which didn't turn out all that well either...

Here's to next season!

Meanwhile, go Tigers and Giants!

:-( Sorry ebk. You have a good attitude.

Not one of the teams I was hoping would move on to the Championship Series did. With the exception of one team, I have no ill feelings toward those who have made the next round, I was just hoping to see some teams that we haven't seen in a while get to the next series.

After '34, '68, and '06, I think every Tiger fan has pretty much seen enough of the Cardinals....although the first two were baseball classics. I'll never forget sitting in 3rd grade class watching some of the '68 series. Made me a baseball fan for life. If we make it past this round, I'd much rather play the Giants.

CC Sabathia looks like he's lost some weight....or he's got a new tailor.

Don't like playing against Curtis Granderson. I know he's struggling with strikeouts again, but we're all aware of how he can change a game. Granderson for Austin Jackson was a great trade that worked out for both teams.

We've beaten the Yanks the last two playoff series we've met. We are Yankee Killers ! GRRRRR !!

:-( Sorry ebk. You have a good attitude.

Not one of the teams I was hoping would move on to the Championship Series did. With the exception of one team, I have no ill feelings toward those who have made the next round, I was just hoping to see some teams that we haven't seen in a while get to the next series.

Thanks jb! Although I would love to have the Nats make me a t-shirt that says "I have a Bad Natitude"... :D

Trying to find a positive - I can now go to see Celebration Day on Wednesday night - yay!!

Go Tigers!!!

Anyone know anything about trumpet playing? The 7th inning stretch performance of 'God Bless America' was just uncomfortably bad. So I was wondering how something like that happens to a pro jazz player. He just couldn't hit the notes. Poor guy. Didn't bring it. Just like A-Rod the post-season albatross.

Still, go Yankees!

We'll take that ! I stay off Leyland's case compared to others around town, but I think leaving Velverde in after the walk might have been his worst call of the season. No matter now though....the pressure is on the Yanks to win today. Great job by Smyly, and Delmon Young is our "official Yankee KIller" ! I don't know how Fister escaped. He was behind every hitter until the 5th inning !

We'll take that ! I stay off Leyland's case compared to others around town, but I think leaving Velverde in after the walk might have been his worst call of the season. No matter now though....the pressure is on the Yanks to win today. Great job by Smyly, and Delmon Young is our "official Yankee KIller" ! I don't know how Fister escaped. He was behind every hitter until the 5th inning !

The press is ripping Leyland. They say he won inspire of his decisions.

Sad news for Yankee fans. Jeter is out with a broken ankle. That's a miserable way go out in the midst of a series.

Sad news for Yankee fans. Jeter is out with a broken ankle. That's a miserable way go out in the midst of a series.

This is where A-Rod earns his money...

But it would be *typical Yankees* if the player who replaces Jeter in the batting line-up wins them the Series; some guy nobody - even in the State of New York - has heard of

C'mon, Tigers!

The press is ripping Leyland. They say he won inspire of his decisions.

Jim made two mistakes. He shouldn't have brought in Velverde in the first place. It was not a save situation, and many closers struggle in that situation, let alone this guy. I'm guessing his last performance and Verlander's complete game had a lot to do with Leyland's decision, but the walk after having him 0-2 with the tying run in the on-deck circle was totally unforgivable. He needed to put the ball over the plate even if the result was a homer. Losing Jeter is a real blow. We'd much rather kick their ass at full-strength.

At least the Tigers won. Sheesh, I can't imagine the moaning if they had lost.

Jeter being hurt really dooms the Yanks...this ain't 1978...I don't think they pull a Bucky Dent out of their hat. Tigers win!

Jim made two mistakes. He shouldn't have brought in Velverde in the first place. It was not a save situation, and many closers struggle in that situation, let alone this guy. I'm guessing his last performance and Verlander's complete game had a lot to do with Leyland's decision, but the walk after having him 0-2 with the tying run in the on-deck circle was totally unforgivable. He needed to put the ball over the plate even if the result was a homer. Losing Jeter is a real blow. We'd much rather kick their ass at full-strength.

I agree about bringing in your closer in a non-save situation. Not a good idea as we found out when Buck brought in Johnson with the score tied in the 9th and he gave up 7 runs... ugh.

And paul, I think they have to bring in Velverde for the very next save situation. If they don't, it totally undermines his confidence. Buck brought Johnson back the next night in a save situation, and we won!

If anyone is interested, here are my pictures.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/estherb818/2012%20Too%20Short%20PostSeason/

Archived