2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

I'm watching the highlights on Baseball Tonight & I see Leyland was smart enough not to bring in Valverde to close the game. Good for him.

:thumbsup:

My youngest daughter's boyfriend is a fan of both the Dolphins and Yankees. Needless to say he is not in my good graces. So you are a fins fan that can't stand the Yankees like me? I believe the Dolphins are coming to Toronto rather than to the stadium? I think its very soon, I have to go llook it up. The Rams will be a good team under Fisher. Eventually. They were always my second favorite team, when they were the Los Angelos Rams. But I still like them. So I did see they caught a blown coverage on their first TD. After that I thought the Rams did a good job on them. I expect the Bills defense that showed up today to be the one that faces the Dolphins. I believe moving Kelsay to the line may have worked the trick? Maybe that damn Belechek sent us a spy with Anderson? Maybe he was bought and paid for by Belechek? ha. nothing would surprise me after Bounty gate and spy gate. If the Bills only had a guy like Stafford or Bradford. But they dont. they will have to live or die with the Ahmish rifle.

Seems in '06 and '11 the Yanks had both players and we still kicked their ass ! Joe Girardi sounded like a crying child in the post-game interview. Yeah you git ripped off at 2nd base, but you didn't score a run. Tough to win that way. It ain't over until it's over though.

68750_10151200214822305_293241314_n.jpg

Seems in '06 and '11 the Yanks had both players and we still kicked their ass ! Joe Girardi sounded like a crying child in the post-game interview. Yeah you git ripped off at 2nd base, but you didn't score a run. Tough to win that way. It ain't over until it's over though.

68750_10151200214822305_293241314_n.jpg

Well, I guess when you make the playoffs as often as the Tigers do - you have to crow about it when you defeat the Yanks. Still can't believe it has been almost 30 years since the last World Series title in Detroit. I remember that season well. At least if they burn the town down this time, it'll be an improvement!

Well, I guess when you make the playoffs as often as the Tigers do - you have to crow about it when you defeat the Yanks. Still can't believe it has been almost 30 years since the last World Series title in Detroit. I remember that season well. At least if they burn the town down this time, it'll be an improvement!

You sound just like Gerardi or a U-M fan.....Wah Wah Wah ! This series ain't over. By the way, I don't live in Detroit any more than you live in the Bronx.

Who is crying? I could just say "scoreboard" and end the discussion. You guys should have your day in the sun....no, the series is not mathematically over - but for all intents and purposes it basically is. Unless your kitties do a major choke job, which is possible given that the organization hasn't won anything in over a quarter century. Or Cabrera hits the bottle and goes out driving again....to pick up Prince from the local Golden Corral....;)

BTW, I never said you were from Detroit - just that the people there tend to go a bit overboard with their form of "celebrating". That's all....

You sound just like Gerardi or a U-M fan.....Wah Wah Wah ! This series ain't over. By the way, I don't live in Detroit any more than you live in the Bronx.

There was a blown call when Omar Infante overran the bag at second base and got thrown out but was called safe. It lead to a Detroit run & Joe Girardi crying out for instant replay.

Instant replay ain't shit if they allow these ball less umps to make the rulings when it's obvious that they missed it.

It will be over very soon. Verlander will put them up 3-0

Verlander has blown games before, and many a series have had the visiting teams win on the road. We're only half way there and we don't have a closer....I take nothing for granted.

I remember waiting one morning a the Catholic school I attended from Kindergarten through the 8th grade and some talking of the world series between the Tigers and Cardinals and mention of Gibson, the great pitcher from the Cardinals. It was 1968. We could have a rematch of those teams. Perhaps the Bonger can tell us if these teams have met on other occasion other than 1968? Then in 69 of course I watched every pitch of that famous "upset" the Mets pulled over my Orioles. Though I still contend, how big an upset can it be when you have Tom Seaver and Jerry Koosman? The 68 series did go 7 to my knowledge and the Tigers victorious. I remember that year back in the 80's I believe when Detroit started the season with a ridiculous record. I think they may have been 12-0? Maybe better? Jack Morris days.

^^^

1984. Detroit's World Series year. They pretty much had the Division clinched by the All-Star break.

It's a shame we're back to night-time baseball with the two LCSs. It was rather nice to see playoff baseball in the sun again.

^^^

1984. Detroit's World Series year. They pretty much had the Division clinched by the All-Star break.

It's a shame we're back to night-time baseball with the two LCSs. It was rather nice to see playoff baseball in the sun again.

I agree. I like the day games. And especially when Baltimore is playing

I am waiting for a Yankees fan to blame their eventual undoing on losing Jeter. What a joke. He is more of a liability on offense now than anything. Lets face it, and Jeter is the only Yankee I like as a person, he is old and close to retirement. But he is a legend there and they will let him stay as long as he wants. Which could hurt the team.

I am waiting for a Yankees fan to blame their eventual undoing on losing Jeter. What a joke. He is more of a liability on offense now than anything. Lets face it, and Jeter is the only Yankee I like as a person, he is old and close to retirement. But he is a legend there and they will let him stay as long as he wants. Which could hurt the team.

Here is the proof that you know squat about baseball, the Yankees or Jeter.

I'm just saying that I don't think he is a liability on offense, not that he's the reason they're in the ALCS.

He is great on defense under pressure. I think he now hurts them a little on offense in critical situations. He is going to call the shots. the future hall of famer will not be told to sit. But he has class unlike most of them. he is the ONLY one I like other than the coach.

Archived