Favorite bootleg apart from Destroyer?

mojoman282

Oh boy. First I'd recommend searching these forums - there are several threads on this. By all means don't just pay attention to me, but here's a list of many of my favorite available shows, with some recommendations on specific boots/sources:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17415-what-is-the-best-bootleg/page__view__findpost__p__569051

The O2 show is still my favorite bootleg because there is nothing else quite like it in existence. There are tons of better performances available but there is something different about this show than from the official releases and the 1968-1980 bootlegs.

The O2 show is still my favorite bootleg because there is nothing else quite like it in existence. There are tons of better performances available but there is something different about this show than from the official releases and the 1968-1980 bootlegs.

Yeah Bobbys voice is shite and Bonham junoir is bashing the skins.

EVSD's "When We Were Kings" or "Demand Unprecedented in the History of Rock Music" DVD of the same show

(5/25/75), or Winston Remaster's "Mike the Mike 6-21-77, 6-25-77, and 6-27-77" Also would recommend nearly any version of 9/29/71, Winston Remaster's "The Great Love Affair".(9/4/70), 7/24/79, and 7/17/73.

I would recommend you to start with the easily downloadable and listenable (in terms of sound quality) ones like:

Live on Blueberry Hill

Listen To This Eddie

Any version of Earl's Court May 24 1975

And of course the raw Bath soundboard.

Edited by Z-o-S-o

I'm a huge fan of the Destroyer bootleg - I was wondering what everyone's favorite led zep bootleg apart from Destroyer is? I need to start getting more bootlegs, and not sure where to start! Thanks...

Some of my absolute favourites (with recommended releases):

·30/12/1968 - Lifetime Guarantee Revisited (EVSD)

·31/08/1969 - Almost any release will do (1st gen SBD rocks)

·29/09/1971 - Otoko Doahou 929 (EVSD)

·06/25~27/1972 - How the West Was Redone (Winston)

·22/01/1973 - Live at Southampton University Working Tapes (EVSD)

·12/02/1975 - Flying Circus (EVSD)

·20/03/1975 - Snowblind (EVSD)

Ok sorry guys I thought on a Led Zeppelin message board any reference to a Bath SB would immediatly be picked up as an inside joke, I'm sorry and I don't want to offend anyone if it may seem like I'm trolling.

Edited by Z-o-S-o

Ok sorry guys I thought on a Led Zeppelin message board any reference to a Bath SB would immediatly be picked up as an inside joke, I'm sorry and I don't want to offend anyone if it may seem like I'm trolling.

Ok. But next time try using a smiley or maybe an lol. You made it look as though you really thought that there was a Bath sbd.

And at least one of those copies is under someones bed. ;)

Am I the only one who doesn't think that the Bath show is that good?

You're crazy! Bath rocks.

Btw: On further review, apparently the EVSD Otoko Doahou 929 release is the same as their Live in Japan 1971 - which name, however, has also been applied to their You Were There in Spirits release (the last of which I own).

I'm a huge fan of the Destroyer bootleg - I was wondering what everyone's favorite led zep bootleg apart from Destroyer is? I need to start getting more bootlegs, and not sure where to start! Thanks...

Mojoman282,

I’m also looking to get some new bootlegs myself my old 8 tracks and cassettes that I got years ago from “ROCKAWAY RECORDS” have pretty much seen better days. Looking for some of the LA Forum dates in 1977. Anyone help you yet?

I would recommend you to start with the easily downloadable and listenable (in terms of sound quality) ones like:

Live on Blueberry Hill

Listen To This Eddie

Any version of Earl's Court May 24 1975

And of course the raw Bath soundboard.

Can you please direct me to download some of these shows?

Thank you

Can you please direct me to download some of these shows?

Thank you

Those first two can be found on just about every torrent tracker there is - the last is (slightly) more difficult to find, at least in unaltered/complete form.

And at least one of those copies is under someones bed. ;)

Am I the only one who doesn't think that the Bath show is that good?

If you weren't impressed by their performance at Bath, you're clearly a difficult person to please.