Celebration day movie - how do you think Jimmy "corrected" the D&C segment?

hecube

It's in there for sure....

http://www.classicro...ovie-confirmed/

Celebration Day tracklist

01. Good Times, Bad Times

02. Ramble On

03. Black Dog

04. In My Time Of Dying

05. For Your Life

06. Trampled Underfoot

07. Nobody’s Fault But Mine

08. No Quarter

09. Since I’ve Been Lovin’ You

10. Dazed And Confused

11. Stairway To Heaven

12. The Song Remains the Same

13. Misty Mountain Hop

14. Kashmir

15. Whole Lotta Love

16. Rock And Roll

Jimmy's track record suggests that if it can be corrected, it will be. Tweaking the audio will be easy, and with all the different camera angles, it's not going to be that difficult to smooth over what we see. After watching the poor synch work between the audio and video in TSRTS all these years, will it really matter ?

Lol, why do you care if they made a mistake? That's what makes Zeppelin the band they are. It's improvisation and has nothing to do with perfection, at least live!

I don't care if they made a mistake. I'm wondering if JP will attempt any kind of correction for the release.

I don't care if they made a mistake. I'm wondering if JP will attempt any kind of correction for the release.

Well I don't know about that. I heard he's a real perfectionist in the studio, so there's a 50/50 chance of that happening.

I appolagize for my anwser then :D

It's going to be just footage of the concert.

You've seen the DVD already? If early reports are accurate it may be two DVD's. If that's the case the second DVD may have some interviews and outtakes footage. Who knows until someone's actually seen it.

^ Exactly! :rolleyes:

It probably will be cleaned up a bit, but we still have our bootlegs that have warts and all.

This is so exciting.....hopefully this will remain a positive thread and not put through the mud, so to speak.

A NEW ZEPPELIN RELEASE!!!

:hurrah:

Really? That is what you want to know? :smack:

I just recall watching a 60+ year old man drooling on stage, and IMO it really took away from the moment. Maybe it was just my perspective from the 5th row, but yeah, if they clean anything up, I really hope they clean that up.......

You've seen the DVD already? If early reports are accurate it may be two DVD's. If that's the case the second DVD may have some interviews and outtakes footage. Who knows until someone's actually seen it.

I mean that there will be no interviews interrupting the concert footage, like they did in Black Sabbath's Last Supper. But of course we'll get some bonus footage like Iso-cam mix and interviews as an extra on Blu-ray and second DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JngHJ5rhck0

I mean that there will be no interviews interrupting the concert footage, like they did in Black Sabbath's Last Supper. But of course we'll get some bonus footage like Iso-cam mix and interviews as an extra on Blu-ray and second DVD.

How do you know what the DVDs include when you haven't even seen them yet?

Dazed and Confused is definitely not excluded from the film. After watching the trailer for probably the 150th time today, i noticed a very quick snippet of Jimmy underneath the green pyramid of lasers towards the end.

The green pyramid is shown @ 53 sec and it's from WLL. I saw NO bow, in that split second. I do believe the entire show will be included though.

Page won't over do it- one of the fail safes he included exclusively for the recording aspect is a recording board apart from the feed that went to the house, the house board is the one where the tech kept squeeling the front left monitor. The board was stage left approximately 15' away and turned at a 90deg angle. As far as a trainwreck I liked the smiles that went up as they finished the song- classic. Who knows, who cares- my thoughts are they probably had worked out an alternate ending for D&C and someone botched it. They did alternate endings on a few songs and moved a few bars around nicely during that set.

Just headed over to YouTube to refresh my memory. Two observations:

(1) Wow, that is a bit of a mess at the end there.

(2) It's nothing compared to the many, many colossal f***-ups in "Kashmir" on the 1977 and 1980 tours.

^_^

I agree 100% with this entire post.

It's a 50/50 shot on what they (he-JP) did (if anything) to it. One part of me says he cleaned it up because he is a known perfectionist. On the other hand, mistakes happen, and are part of the live interaction between them, that have made the LZ shows legendary to begin with, because of the spontaneous nature of them. Also, there is so much footage out there from the 02 show (unofficial) on youtube, etc. that reveals it as is...If they cleaned it up too much it would be obvious and no doubt scrutinized...But we all hear what "less than precise" edits are in TSRTS soundtrack...One in particular is Moby Dick.

We shall see.....

In the end though..who really gives a F**K.

The green pyramid is shown @ 53 sec and it's from WLL. I saw NO bow, in that split second. I do believe the entire show will be included though.

The laser snippet is from WLL, I remember that piece of the show very well. If you look closely you can see Jimmy playing his theremin.

That's the magic of live performance, anything can happen.

Obviously he will have tweaked it and from the trailer the feedback seems to have been erased.

How would you or any of us here know what he has done or deleted?

Once again offering up opinion as fact.

Be grateful they are releasing it at all.

I couldn't agree with you more!

I couldn't agree with you more!

Me too - if feedback and an obvious flub are removed, all the better. We still have our boots if we want to hear it all raw.

And I would add that this might be one of the purest live Zep releases ever. Think about it - it looks to be the only time an official Zep live release will include the entire set, taken from only one performance. The Royal Albert Hall section of the 2003 DVD is the only other release that comes close, but it's still missing a few songs from that show.

That said, it will be very interesting to see how much, if any, patch-ins have been made from the rehearsal tapes.

Finally, on a tangentially related note, many people who attended the show have reported that the sound volume, and especially the bass, seemed lacking on the first 2-3 songs, after which point the sound crew presumably made some adjustments. So this official release also might be the first time we hear the full, intended impact of the first few songs.

Archived