What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My son just took his first steps today!!!!! :yay: Ya know, when they actually get somewhere without falling on their bottom. His dad was in the other room, and he walked in right when he did it. The best part is, we were listening to Physical Graffiti on vinyl when he did it. It was a beautiful moment.

I've just posted my summer school students' progress reports for the semester (aka quarter grades). Out of 35 kids total, I only had to send emails out notifying THREE parents of kids with D's or F's.

As a reward (I've been a slave driver, I guess...), they're watching Dead Poet's Society as part of an introduction to the poetry unit I begun today. ;)

My son just took his first steps today!!!!! :yay: Ya know, when they actually get somewhere without falling on their bottom. His dad was in the other room, and he walked in right when he did it. The best part is, we were listening to Physical Graffiti on vinyl when he did it. It was a beautiful moment.

Yay! Broken Levee! :yes2: That's great! I know the feeling. It's like slow motion when it happens. No more carrying around all the time! :) More autonomy for the little one! :thumbsup:

Awww - that's great news!!!

I've just posted my summer school students' progress reports for the semester (aka quarter grades). Out of 35 kids total, I only had to send emails out notifying THREE parents of kids with D's or F's.

As a reward (I've been a slave driver, I guess...), they're watching Dead Poet's Society as part of an introduction to the poetry unit I begun today. ;)

:thumbsup: Way to go Manderly :D

Thanks guys.

Hopefully, it's not just because I was being too easy on them. However, I WAS told by some of my summer school colleagues that I am kind of a summer school drill sergeant. LOL

The kids really did like Dead Poet's Society though.

I told them it was a reward for getting such good grades. ;)

Oh yes, and we also read and analyzed "O Captain, my Captain!" as a group today. Just to be sure they would understand before they heard about it in the movie. :D

Edited by manderlyh

the poetry thread is gone!! woo hoo!

oh wait, i found it ....... ( sam, why didn't you delete that nasty poem ?)

I'm sorry, slave to zep, that anyone would wish to cause you any unhappiness. :(

No, the poem is gone. So is all the back and forth from the last couple of days. It would appear the mods worked well and hard to clean up the mess while leaving the thread for the folks enjoying it. B)

yeah, the actual post with the poem is gone, but it's still there in a quote from aquamarine. anyway, i guess it will be buried soon, those young girls are prolific poets!

thanks for the kind thought, fan s, but the poem wasn't at or about me, i just took exception to its' content, as did some others.

Hi S2Z,

No, but mine was. :lol:

And you made me happy today, just thinking bout ya. :kiss::beer:

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi S2Z,

No, but mine was. :lol:

And you made me happy today, just thinking bout ya. :kiss::beer:

Kind Regards, Danny

hi danny, how's things in pommy land?

it's sat morning here, and what made me happy today is the fact that i am going to see zep and doors tribute bands tonight with my man. woohoo!

yeah, the actual post with the poem is gone, but it's still there in a quote from aquamarine. anyway, i guess it will be buried soon, those young girls are prolific poets!

:slapface: :slapface:

I'll go and see if I can find that post and delete that bit. Sorry guys!

Couple minutes later: Rats! I can't edit that post, as it was made too long ago. Additional apologies. :( I quoted the thing just to show what I was objecting to. Well, hopefully you're right, slave to zep, and it'll be buried soon.

Edited by Aquamarine

Why do you keep posting this? Why not be specific or just not say anything at all but you've taken to repeating this several times a day.

I wonder if "medium" things can make one happy. I'm kinda baffled on this...

I wonder if "medium" things can make one happy. I'm kinda baffled on this...

Well, the thread subtitle only gives you a choice of big or small things to be happy about--but I'm pretty sure I've often been happy about medium things. A productive day at work seems sort of medium, as opposed to finding a tube of toothpaste in the cabinet so I don't have to buy a new one, which would be a small thing, or meeting Robert Plant, which would be a big thing.

I don't know if the first Ledzep, sorry, THE FIRST LEDZEP, sees it that way, though. :unsure:

:slapface: I know, it's all my fault. :( I should've said anything.

Only he is now saying it in What made you Unhappy Today too. :blink:

And the small things part was in memory of our dear Sir Chris, who had a similar thread title. Come to think of it...where are you Sir Chris???

Edited by Hotplant