What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

To all those who asked, my dad is doing much better. Doesn't have much of an appetite yet, but he's sure it'll return in a couple days. He's still really sore around his midsection and has 6 holes/incisions full of staples that he is getting removed on Thursday. My sister and I had to mow the lawns today since the doctor doesn't want him doing any physical, strenuous labor until at least next week. He's not even allowed to drive. He's looking at July 1st as his goal to go back to work half-days and July 6th (his birthday) as his "go back to work full-time" goal date.

We're so thankful he got diverticulitis otherwise we never would have known about the tumor. Not that I'm glad my dad ever got sick, but it was a blessing in disguise.

I'm glad your Dad is recovering, Electrophile!. Hope he feels better real soon. Hope you and your sister have fun giving him some TLC. :) Happy Father's Day to you all! ;)

Hey, thanks, ninelives! I did have a great time with her. We visited old Brooklyn haunts like one of favorite pizza joints and a new restaurant, too, for a special, happy occasion. We caught up by talking of old times when we were kids--esp. the music! :)

Sounds like a lot of fun :D

Hey, thanks, ninelives! I did have a great time with her. We visited old Brooklyn haunts like one of favorite pizza joints and a new restaurant, too, for a special, happy occasion. We caught up by talking of old times when we were kids--esp. the music! :)

Is Brooklyn haunts one of those haunted restaurants? We have one in my town called Catfish Plantation.

Is Brooklyn haunts one of those haunted restaurants? We have one in my town called Catfish Plantation.

Oh, haha, nah, just an expression. :) Those are the places we used to go to a lot. Ya know, "let's visit the old 'haunts' ". The Catfish place you mentioned sounds excellent. Reminds me of the setting to Porgy and Bess--Catfish Row. :D

Electrophile, i am glad to hear your dad is recovering nicely!

Dzldoc, glad you felt good today!

I'm happy i have the next two days off. A big week coming up that i'm excited about (swim lessons and gymnastics begin for my little one) :)

To all those who asked, my dad is doing much better. Doesn't have much of an appetite yet, but he's sure it'll return in a couple days. He's still really sore around his midsection and has 6 holes/incisions full of staples that he is getting removed on Thursday. My sister and I had to mow the lawns today since the doctor doesn't want him doing any physical, strenuous labor until at least next week. He's not even allowed to drive. He's looking at July 1st as his goal to go back to work half-days and July 6th (his birthday) as his "go back to work full-time" goal date.

We're so thankful he got diverticulitis otherwise we never would have known about the tumor. Not that I'm glad my dad ever got sick, but it was a blessing in disguise.

Great news Elizabeth :)

Sound's funny...but cornbread. I always liked it as a kid so I learned to make it. Nice warmed up with loads of natural butter and coffee yum. Cold it's just blah blah.

...like to make mine in a cast iron skillet with the fresh stone-ground corn you can get from the old grau mill in chicago...anybody in chicago want to send me some???

A gorgeous view of the mountains. Our place is right on the corner so out my bedroom window I see the downside of the mountain and out these bay windows I see the whole complex and the upside. Good for me I am in the best place this side of town...here is a shot of UNCA Mountain which is what I look at out the window...(edit) I did not take this pic, UNCA staff took the snapshot.

blue%20ridge.JPG

Edited by Mary Hartman

A gorgeous view of the mountains. Our place is right on the corner so out my bedroom window I see the downside of the mountain and out these bay windows I see the whole complex and the upside. Good for me I am in the best place this side of town...here is a shot of UNCA Mountain which is what I look at out the window...(edit) I did not take this pic, UNCA staff took the snapshot.

blue%20ridge.JPG

I have almost the same view. Georgeous to wake up to that!!!

...like to make mine in a cast iron skillet with the fresh stone-ground corn you can get from the old grau mill in chicago...anybody in chicago want to send me some???

I prefer Martha White cornmeal. Yellow or white doesn`t matter. Have you ever tried cornbread with pork cracklings?

To die for.

In fact just last week I had some of the best cornbread I even had. Got my fill.

Yummy. :D

Well, it was Sunday that made me happy.

My son started feeling better and we had a nice BBQ at my daughters house.

Granddaughter (just a few weeks old) so precious. :wub:

However, the forecast said sunny and just as we got the charcoals hot a huge downpour, lighting, thunder then just as fast it cleared up.

Excellent Tex-Mex grill...oh so yummy.

Then just as we were all done a strong wind came along and we were attacked by falling mulberries.

Damn, those things can hit hard. :blink:

Today I'm happy because a doc finally gave me something better than aspirin for my intense pain.

:)

Granddaughter (just a few weeks old) so precious. :wub:

Today I'm happy because a doc finally gave me something better than aspirin for my intense pain.

:)

Congrats on the granddaughter! I don't miss that age, but i remember how precious my daughter was back then. Glad you have some help with your pain, too.

Today was beautiful. No rain, temps warmed into the 80's, got to watch my daughter take her first swimming lesson, got to hang out with almost all my immediate family today at some point (saw the sister, nieces and my dad), had a nice dinner with mom, brother-in-law and the nephews, and got to register my daughter not only for the ballet/tap combo we planned, but hip-hop, too! Grooming a musician/dancer/pediatrician :)