What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I am not a country fan, but after what happened today...

A patient who learned she is in remission today made her way into the staff lunch area and expressed her gratitude to all of us. And, as she is crying, she said everytime she hears this song, she thinks of us. :'(

I had to walk away. :tears: :tears:

@miss melanie have a great time!

planted, that is so good to hear people are still starting up small businesses. i guess it will be scary, but i hope you both do well. what kind of business is it?

Hey there....

Dawn and I are estheticians. Skin care is our thing.

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm!

I went down with the flu about 10 days ago. I couldn't sleep a wink at night because I used to be woken up either by high fever or a nasty cough. I was (literally) living on cough syrup and anti-biotics for the past week or so. My mom nursed me back to health. I visited my doctor yesterday and he gave me a clean bill of health and I now officially feel like my old self again! :yay:

I went down with the flu about 10 days ago. I couldn't sleep a wink at night because I used to be woken up either by high fever or a nasty cough. I was (literally) living on cough syrup and anti-biotics for the past week or so. My mom nursed me back to health. I visited my doctor yesterday and he gave me a clean bill of health and I now officially feel like my old self again! :yay:

Yay Kiwi!! cheer.gif Good on ya girl!

I too had a great weekend! Had a blast and indulged myself with In N Out and H&M. Luckily I didn't get the two mixed up. I made it home in one piece, with more stuff than when I set off on my short journey but that is to be expected. A girl has to shop.

Best of all, my son had a great time!! Even though I almost killed myself when we went hiking near the Hollywood sign.eu.gif

^^^THAT makes me happy! :)

My weekend was so great, I didn't even care that the Raiders lost.

Thank you Strider! :D I value my health even more now after that stupid flu attack! And awesome to know that you had a great weekend! :D Cheers to you! :beer:

Yay Kiwi!! cheer.gif Good on ya girl!

I too had a great weekend! Had a blast and indulged myself with In N Out and H&M. Luckily I didn't get the two mixed up. I made it home in one piece, with more stuff than when I set off on my short journey but that is to be expected. A girl has to shop.

Best of all, my son had a great time!! Even though I almost killed myself when we went hiking near the Hollywood sign.eu.gif

Thanks MissMelaine! :D:friends: And good to know you had a nice weekend! I love to going shopping sprees! :D I actually spent about 8 hours straight at a record store (browsing and I ended up purchasing about 15 CDs that day! Extravagant but fun! :P) and one sales person actually told me "Miss, we will be closing in a couple of minutes. So, I'm afraid you need to leave!". LOL! :lol: Best weekend I ever had that day!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

^^^I'm also relieved that you're feeling much better now Kiwi! :thumbsup:

Real Groovy (I know you well, and I know that's your favourite store!) must think that you're after a job Kiwi! :D Enjoy your new purchases! :)

I'm still feeling happy after my birthday last week, enjoying all the lovely pressies I got (espeically a beautiful card and an amazing CD from a certain person here! ;) ).

Hi Kiwi,

I had no idea you were down and out sick with the flu for a spell. Great to hear you are back at 100 percent! :yay:

I don't like having one of our nicest posters away too long, so very glad you are back!! ;)

Oh, and the shopping experience? I know how that is, had the lights lowered on myself more than a couple of times, lol.

What they need to do is keep the stores open longer! :D .........missy

^^^I'm also relieved that you're feeling much better now Kiwi! :thumbsup:

Real Groovy (I know you well, and I know that's your favourite store!) must think that you're after a job Kiwi! :D Enjoy your new purchases! :)

I'm still feeling happy after my birthday last week, enjoying all the lovely pressies I got (espeically a beautiful card and an amazing CD from a certain person here! ;) ).

Thank you Magic! :friends:

:lol: Yes, I did actually contempolate working at "Real Groovy". How on earth did you know that? :lol: I mean it seems like such a fun job working at a record store but my mom and dad won't hear of it! :lol:

And hope you had a lovely birthday! :friends: And there is no better feeling than knowing that your gift to an incredibly special friend actually succeeded in putting a smile on that friend's face! B)

Hi Kiwi,

I had no idea you were down and out sick with the flu for a spell. Great to hear you are back at 100 percent! :yay:

I don't like having one of our nicest posters away too long, so very glad you are back!! ;)

Oh, and the shopping experience? I know how that is, had the lights lowered on myself more than a couple of times, lol.

What they need to do is keep the stores open longer! :D .........missy

Thank you Missy! :D It's great being back! And yes, I will be sticking around for quite a while! ;) And I do wish they'll keep record stores here in NZ open till midnight to cater to crazy shoppers like myself! :lol:

Miss Melanie, I wasn't aware you could go hiking near the Hollywood sign, but I'm always learning things around here!

Glad to hear you and your son had such a great time. :)

I'm still feeling happy after my birthday last week, enjoying all the lovely pressies I got (espeically a beautiful card and an amazing CD from a certain person here! ).

Magic, our b-days are only a few days apart. Just enough to make me a Virgo and you a Libra (not that I'm into astrology (?) okay, maybe a little)! :lol:

Nice to hear that you are still enjoying it too.....I'm trying to hang on to that feeling too, because they sure come faster and faster every year. ;) .....missy

Selling a Zeppelin to a German (Sounds like bringing owls to Athens, harhar)

I put the wooden LZ Remasters 2 Zeppelin shaped box on Ebay and got 102 Euro's for it. It's flying to a happy person right now, and I can buy a well deserved bottle of absinthe now.

Miss Melanie, I wasn't aware you could go hiking near the Hollywood sign, but I'm always learning things around here!

Glad to hear you and your son had such a great time. :)

Although there is now a security-monitored fence around the Hollywood Sign itself(too many people using it as their own personal canvas, souvenir source, or launching pad for their suicidal dreams), the hike to Mt. Lee, where the sign is located, is still open to the public...a 3-mile round-trip hike that takes you within 100 ft. of the sign and provides views of both the greater Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley.

Take Beachwood Canyon Dr. all the way north til you reach the Hollyridge trailhead. The trail starts in a southeast direction before winding its way around the mountain.

It's best to go in the morning or late afternoon on hot days...and bring water. There's also horses you can rent at Sunset Ranch to ride up to Mt. Lee or over to the Griffith Park Observatory.

Oh, and if you're tempted by a seemingly innocent looking shortcut up the mountain...DON'T! It's steeper and slippier than it appears. I felt like Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka saying "Don't...stop" after one of those wacky kids ran off to some mischief...only I didn't have any Oompa-Loompas to help me out.

Although there is now a security-monitored fence around the Hollywood Sign itself(too many people using it as their own personal canvas, souvenir source, or launching pad for their suicidal dreams), the hike to Mt. Lee, where the sign is located, is still open to the public...a 3-mile round-trip hike that takes you within 100 ft. of the sign and provides views of both the greater Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley.

Take Beachwood Canyon Dr. all the way north til you reach the Hollyridge trailhead. The trail starts in a southeast direction before winding its way around the mountain.

It's best to go in the morning or late afternoon on hot days...and bring water. There's also horses you can rent at Sunset Ranch to ride up to Mt. Lee or over to the Griffith Park Observatory.

Oh, and if you're tempted by a seemingly innocent looking shortcut up the mountain...DON'T! It's steeper and slippier than it appears. I felt like Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka saying "Don't...stop" after one of those wacky kids ran off to some mischief...only I didn't have any Oompa-Loompas to help me out.

Hi Strider,

Now that was nice of you to give me all that information, thanks. I don't have plans to head to Cali anytime soon, but ya never know! :)

About that shortcut you mentioned to the Hollywood sign.......Do you expect me to believe the innocent looking kid in your profile pic here broke a rule and made your own more "adventuresome" way to the sign? :o

Hard for me to imagine, but if you say so. That made me smile, as it must have been quite a sight. :D............Missy