2012/2013 NFL Playoffs

Anjin-san

I'll wager you a "virtual" six pack, the Falcons lose. How about it Paul..?

Atlanta has a good record, but they don't impress me. They are hype, and I predict they will fall short here with the pressure.. I think Seattle will put it on em'. They have a very physical defense with speed.

And BTW, who dares call themself "Matty Ice"... :dont:

A friend of mine says the exact same thing. He does not believe in Atlanta but I know they are good. So is Seattle. Its a great game. I am on the fence.

A virtual six pack, sounds interesting. I think I'll take that wager. If Seattle had been up against a 100% healthy RGIII I think we'd be talking about the Skins in Atlanta, but it is what it is. The Falcons will protect their house (I hope).

Heh, heh. "Matty Ice", I rather like that nickname. :D

Alrightty then Paul.. game on!!! And for the record, I'd be willing to send you some "real" beer in the mail if it came down to a loss, but I wouldn't wanna take a chance on it arriving properly.....

Watched any TZ episodes yet?

2-2 on the weekend but I'm happy I was wrong on my Bungles pick, as I have friends in Houston who are now very happy. But I believe their happiness ends this week in New England.

As a Raider fan, I hate all my Division rivals, so I shouldn't want Denver to win. But I hate Art Modell and the Ravens even more. I'm already sick of hearing about Ray Lewis. Ed Reed is the only Raven I respect.

Green Bay - San Francisco should be a monster game...I thought before the season this would be the NFC Championship Game. It may still be the 'de facto' game. Can Green Bay match the 49er's physicallity on the road? Being at home is a big plus for San Francisco.

Atlanta is the #1 seed and has home-dome advantage...where have we seen this before? Falcons coach Mike Smith and Matty Ice are 0 for the playoffs, are they not? That reminds me...Matty Ice is a lame nickname. But it's even lamer when you haven't even won a playoff game.

New rule: No nickname until you actually win something.

Anyway, I have family in Bellingham, WA and my best friend is a huge Seahawk fan, so I'm hoping Seattle pulls off the upset. Still wish Saint Pete was at USC.

My picks for this weekend's games:

Denver

San Francisco

Seattle

New England

2-2 on the weekend but I'm happy I was wrong on my Bungles pick, as I have friends in Houston who are now very happy. But I believe their happiness ends this week in New England.

As a Raider fan, I hate all my Division rivals, so I shouldn't want Denver to win. But I hate Art Modell and the Ravens even more. I'm already sick of hearing about Ray Lewis. Ed Reed is the only Raven I respect.

Green Bay - San Francisco should be a monster game...I thought before the season this would be the NFC Championship Game. It may still be the 'de facto' game. Can Green Bay match the 49er's physicallity on the road? Being at home is a big plus for San Francisco.

Atlanta is the #1 seed and has home-dome advantage...where have we seen this before? Falcons coach Mike Smith and Matty Ice are 0 for the playoffs, are they not? That reminds me...Matty Ice is a lame nickname. But it's even lamer when you haven't even won a playoff game.

New rule: No nickname until you actually win something.

Anyway, I have family in Bellingham, WA and my best friend is a huge Seahawk fan, so I'm hoping Seattle pulls off the upset. Still wish Saint Pete was at USC.

My picks for this weekend's games:

Denver

San Francisco

Seattle

New England

Your picks make perfect sense and I am going with the 49ers to crush Green Bay. That one to me is a cinch. So is New England. The other two are very very tough. I can see Baltimore making Mannings life miserable. I hate Denver and will cheer for Baltimore. I like the Falcons but the Seahawks could be a team of destiny. This game to me is the toughest to pick in a long long time. Coin flip.

Back to the Denver game. Do you think you can rebuild a bad team with a hall of fame QB overnight like Denver did? At a glance it appears they have done that. But a weaker than weak schedule has made them look better than they truly are. Same team the Bills destroyed last year. No secondary. Flacco can win this if he is good.

Sorry dude. Expect the discount double-check to put the Niners back on the Rice a Roni streetcar diet.

Could see Atlanta choke though.

That is my biggest fear. Atlanta. That coach. They are rock solid on defense. Did you see the play where the Seattle QB missed his wide open reciever and ran the ball all the way to the 28 yd line of Washington? Normally he would have been ridiculed for that play. Atlanta will not blow coverage schemes like Washington,. And their linebackers will not allow the QB to run threw them like swiss cheese. They will have to earn their salt. Lynch almost fucked the whole game up. From Buffalo so what do you excpect? He does not have Spilller speed so I have no regrets. Coaching is a big advantage to Pete Carrol here. Big. But a tough tough call

Well Walter and Strider have the same picks. I know I am going with Baltimore, San Fran and New England, but I am still on the fence with that Seattle/Atlanta game. Tough, tough, tough,. so mine are not in yet.

JUST IN. CLEMONS OUT FOR SEASON WITH TORN ACL. SEATTLE BEST OUTSIDE LINEMAN

Well Walter and Strider have the same picks. I know I am going with Baltimore, San Fran and New England, but I am still on the fence with that Seattle/Atlanta game. Tough, tough, tough,. so mine are not in yet.

JUST IN. CLEMONS OUT FOR SEASON WITH TORN ACL. SEATTLE BEST OUTSIDE LINEMAN

That's big news. Seattles trenches have been pivotal to their success.

San Francisco

Seattle

Wouldn't that be kick for the NFC Championship?

The Niners would be at home and have the revenge factor. But then again Seattle would be one of the few wildcard teams to advance that far if they win.

I

In Ryan's defense, I don't think he calls himself that. He was called that when he was playing for Boston College.

That could very well be true...I won't argue that, and I'll take your word for it....But either way, I can't stand it, or him.

I can't wait to see em' lose this weekend.......

I

That could very well be true...I won't argue that, and I'll take your word for it....But either way, I can't stand it, or him.

I can't wait to see em' lose this weekend.......

Aren't you worried now about this season ending injury to their defensive lineman? He was a big contributor?

One of the local sports radio stations I listen to plays the BC games. I listened to radio announcers yelling "Matty Ice" for years.

Of course I don't "know" him, just what I've read and heard of him in interviews. Seems like an OK guy. Haven't made my picks for next weekend yet, that game is a tough one.

Aren't you worried now about this season ending injury to their defensive lineman? He was a big contributor?

Not really Rick. Like I said, Atlanta is more hype than depth. They don't worry me one bit and just don't see them going much further. I'd be shocked if they got to the superbowl.

When the Saints (who had the worst defense in NFL history this year) beat them in the dome, Roddy White said "we beat ourselves"..I wouldn't expect anything less from that prick. The Saints beat them in every aspect of the game that day, but he had to run his head. That's another reason I can't stand them......Roddy White.

I don't know if anyone here has been to an Atlanta home game....? But the surrounding area around the stadium and the outskirts looks like a fuckin' third world country....pitiful..

Not really Rick. Like I said, Atlanta is more hype than depth. They don't worry me one bit and just don't see them going much further. I'd be shocked if they got to the superbowl.

When the Saints (who had the worst defense in NFL history this year) beat them in the dome, Roddy White said "we beat ourselves"..I wouldn't expect anything less from that prick. The Saints beat them in every aspect of the game that day, but he had to run his head. That's another reason I can't stand them......Roddy White.

I don't know if anyone here has been to an Atlanta home game....? But the surrounding area around the stadium and the outskirts looks like a fuckin' third world country....pitiful..

I have heard the same about the place the Kentucky Derby is run at. So what does this have to do with the price of eggs? Atlanta is not chopped liver.

I hadn't heard about it, until you posted. We shall see. I just see Atlanta limping into the playoffs. Running and defense. They have the best secondary and the 'Beast'/Wilson running the ball. Do you know who Wilson is now, Rick? :lol:

Archived