Change.com Petition: Led-Zeppelin Tour Last Time

Xavi

No John Bonham......No Led Zep Tour!.......It ain't Zep without Bonzo! I'd be f-ing pissed if they did that.

The O2 is a nice send off to honour the past. However, I would love as much more 'real Zep" stuff as possible...keep that coming Mr. Page......

Sup dudes, this is new member here wp100000.

Im the one who started the petition.

I saw I had got like 12 signatures in the last day, which is unusual because all I do is post directions to the petition on youtube since I dont have a facebook. So i decided to see why the sigs were coming in so fast so i googled the name of the petition and the 3rd or 4th hit was this forum. I joined to let you guys know this was me who started the petition.

I for one understand that I have a very very very small chance that it will actually work. but it kills me not to do it, as it probably would to any led zeppelin fan. So I understand that many of you guys wont sign because you think its in vain and such, and thats fine. But its still cool to try. As it says in the description in the petition, i never got to see Led Zeppelin live and the past 6 months 99.9% of the music I have been listening to has been zeppelin. So there you have it :)

I hope yall would sign the petition anyway, even if the chances are slim to none

Sup dudes, this is new member here wp100000.

Im the one who started the petition.

I saw I had got like 12 signatures in the last day, which is unusual because all I do is post directions to the petition on youtube since I dont have a facebook. So i decided to see why the sigs were coming in so fast so i googled the name of the petition and the 3rd or 4th hit was this forum. I joined to let you guys know this was me who started the petition.

I for one understand that I have a very very very small chance that it will actually work. but it kills me not to do it, as it probably would to any led zeppelin fan. So I understand that many of you guys wont sign because you think its in vain and such, and thats fine. But its still cool to try. As it says in the description in the petition, i never got to see Led Zeppelin live and the past 6 months 99.9% of the music I have been listening to has been zeppelin. So there you have it :)

I hope yall would sign the petition anyway, even if the chances are slim to none

Hey man, God Bless ya, and do what you gotta do....peace

As fishhead said, more power to you.

Like you, I never got to see them live and my innermost wish would be to one day see all three performing together (even if it's nothing but an acoustic set).

However, I realize that might be nothing more than a pipedream at this point, so I content myself with consuming all they've given us so far. :)

Who knows? Maybe by some miracle they do get to see your petition and something comes out of it, eh? :peace:

Percys-Plant-exactly! More of a fantasy than anything, but it doesnt matter. I will still try to get it out there!

Hey if any of you guys are on other rock forums (which Im sure you are) could you do me a huge favor and post the link where ever you can? Thanks in advance :)

Percys-Plant-exactly! More of a fantasy than anything, but it doesnt matter. I will still try to get it out there!

Hey if any of you guys are on other rock forums (which Im sure you are) could you do me a huge favor and post the link where ever you can? Thanks in advance :)

Why try if it will fail for sure? Couldn't you spend your time better doing other things for the band? Like downloading bootlegs, printing cover work for them, thus archiving them etc. Plus, a reunion can really only spell doom. They will just fall into redundancy and be doomed to be irrelevant Zeppelin is one of those bands that died when a member dies. They still had some "reunions", but 02, the last one, closes the door on the book of Zeppelin. Why have another tour when they could be out there, expanding their music horizons, working with different people and touring? Why revisit the past when they already did that and rocked hard at it? Why become another Deep Purple, or The Rolling Stones? Sure they are still popular, but when did they really produce anything noteworthy as of late? Sure Zeppelin could tour, make a lot of money, make some fans happy, and maybe even make a good new album, but it will hurt their legacy, which is the most important thing.

NEVER give up hope!

I was too young and living in rural Nebraska to see them. I tried to get tickets and fly to England in 1979 to see them, but failed (I was only 18 and never even been on a plane before!). Then I read that they were doing a 1980 US tour and I vowed I would travel to NY or LA if I had to to see them. Alas, we know what happened then......

I kicked myself for 27 years for not running away from home and flying to Europe to see them. Almost daily I would tell family and friends "I'd pay anything to see them". I thought the closest I would ever get was the Page/Plant shows...for which I was eternally grateful, but just wasn't quite the same.

Well, after 27 years of rumors, they announced the O2 gig in 2007. I never, ever thought I'd have the opportunity to see them.....and it took 27 years......but I did!

I know some die-hards claim that it wasn't Led Zeppelin that played at the O2, but I believe the band itself begs to differ!

So NEVER give up hope!!

The Last Spartan- I thought all hard core Led Zeppelin fans were like me. They would give anything to see Zep perform one last time. I figured that all the people on this forum would be like me. Guess I was wrong. No hard feelings dude, but Led Zeppelin was the best band ever, and they are my favorite, and while they may be old, they proved in 2007 that they still can rock. That concert was by far the best version of Kashmir to date. I really can't believe you don't care about them performing again. Bonham, rest his soul, will never be replaced, but Bonham Jr was pretty darn good at the O2. A fitting replacement if you ask me. And led Zeppelin will not become another stones or purple. Because they are Led Zeppelin. So I, for one, would give anything to see them live. Suit yourself.

The Last Spartan- I thought all hard core Led Zeppelin fans were like me. They would give anything to see Zep perform one last time. I figured that all the people on this forum would be like me. Guess I was wrong. No hard feelings dude, but Led Zeppelin was the best band ever, and they are my favorite, and while they may be old, they proved in 2007 that they still can rock. That concert was by far the best version of Kashmir to date. I really can't believe you don't care about them performing again. Bonham, rest his soul, will never be replaced, but Bonham Jr was pretty darn good at the O2. A fitting replacement if you ask me. And led Zeppelin will not become another stones or purple. Because they are Led Zeppelin. So I, for one, would give anything to see them live. Suit yourself.

Led Zeppelin being the best is opinion. Kashmir is also opinion, but I agree with you there, in my opinion it is THE Kashmir. I don't want to see them fall to the likes of all other once huge rock bands. Take note, they could still do it, but they also knew to try not to fuck up (Which they did during Dazed And Confused, which was edited out on release) and that they also had one shot, not 5-10 where they could allow for some great nights and bad nights. I'm not saying it would be bad, but why slowly fade into redundancy when they could end on a high note of being, in my opinion, a supreme rock band for the ages? Sure it would be cool to see them, but it wouldn't be cool to see them fall to the likes of playing hit after hit, concert after concert. You say that just because they are Led Zeppelin they wouldn't fall to the likes of Purple or The Stones. Zeppelin are humans like us, and can EASILY fall to that. They chose not to though, so why do it now?

No, Not a Tour, Partially because i know they will never come to north Africa, so i won't get to see them, and i'd be pissed off, but mainly because a Tour after the O2 may seem a little bit late and immature, as Stryder1978 said in post #2, another one off show with the three of them together will be fine.

i'm pretty new to this forum as just coming on last year. but i think those who were on here around the O2 and afterwards went through all the will they /wont they tour stuff. even on other non lz forums and places i remember people being excited when there was news it may happen. but it's been some years and many people have accepted that it may not happen again.

But even a "sucky" Led Zeppelin performance is better than 99% of the crap that passes for music nowadays!

Oh god, not the "all music today is shit" argument again. First of all, it's all opinion on what is good music and what isn't. Even if you don't consider rap music, many people still consider it music and like it, and we should not think less of them for that opinion. There is plenty and plenty of good music today, it's just nobody can be assed to search for it anymore. They just hear what is popular and think "God music today is shit" when really they are just too lazy to search. In my eyes, I'd rather hear a lot of concerts that are good by bands than a sucky Zep performance, but a good Zep performance beats a lot of performances, in my eyes. Also, we can get into opinions on what defines a good Zep performance, but I wont. All in all, Led Zeppelin officially ended in 1980, and only had 4 reunions, the last one being universally seen as being the good one in lots of peoples opinions. I agree with the whole "rare, unannounced small 20-30 minute acoustic set" performance idea, but other than that, no. Led Zeppelin is done.

I didn't say all music today is shit....but most of it is! It's not just rap or the pop stuff from Keisha or Swift, even the stuff that is supposed to "rocK'...doesn't. And rather than 20-30 minute acoustic sets, I'd rather see a couple more full Led Zeppelin shows concerts - similar to the O2 gig - in the next 5 years. But only if ALL FOUR felt it was right for THEM, not us!

But personally, I think they'd like to end their legacy with that O2 gig...what a high note to go out on!

Archived