Who's seen every (or most) Zeppelin concerts?

Mudslider

Aside from the four members is there anyone out there that attended every Zeppelin concert in person? Is there any documented stories as to who attended the most Zeppelin concerts, whether a superfan or part of the band/management? The only one I can think of that may have attended all (or most) would be Peter Grant.

Peter Grant was not present on their very first tour of America and Richard Cole was not present on their very last tour of Europe.

I can't think of any roadies that were with the band from the very beginning to the very end.

The only answer to this question might very well be all four band members and that's it.

Peter Grant was not present on their very first tour of America and Richard Cole was not present on their very last tour of Europe.

I can't think of any roadies that were with the band from the very beginning to the very end.

The only answer to this question might very well be all four band members and that's it.

Unless you count the three reunions. Then even John Bonham wasn't at every Zep concert.

• 1 year later...

It would be interesting to know how many superfans followed Zep around from city to city--Grateful Dead style--during the band's tours in the late 60's/70's. There must have been some fans who followed the band around on tour.

There were supposedly some rich super-groupies in Dallas that followed the band in their own Lear jet on one of the tours in the Seventies...1975 perhaps? But I think they just went to some of the shows, not the entire tour.

Given that Peter Grant, Richard Cole, Mick Hinton, Phil Carson, Raymond, Benji and all the Show Co. regulars all missed various tours, either in the early days or the latter days, it seems that only the band members themselves were at every gig...and even that isn't entirely true. For John Paul Jones missed some gigs early on, if I recall.

^ That's news to me about JPJ missing some early shows, anyone with more info on that?

Wasn't there a gig on one of the (early) tours where Jonesy wasn't present and Led Zeppelin had a female bassist play the show? It might have been when John Paul Jones had to leave the States to attend to the death of his father back in England.

I will consult with My Led Zeppelin: the Concert Files to see if I can find the exact date, city, tour and circumstances (I believe it was in this book that I read about this).

Wasn't there a gig on one of the (early) tours where Jonesy wasn't present and Led Zeppelin had a female bassist play the show? It might have been when John Paul Jones had to leave the States to attend to the death of his father back in England.

I will consult with My Led Zeppelin: the Concert Files to see if I can find the exact date, city, tour and circumstances (I believe it was in this book that I read about this).

JPJ was present for every show; you are referring to when JPJ was not present for the encore in Cleveland on August 26, 1970:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/august-26-1970

Aside from the four members is there anyone out there that attended every Zeppelin concert in person? Is there any documented stories as to who attended the most Zeppelin concerts, whether a superfan or part of the band/management? The only one I can think of that may have attended all (or most) would be Peter Grant.

If the jimmypage.com "I Was There" feature is any indication, it would seem no one aside from the band members was at every show. Hypothetically, a super fan would have been inclined to attend every show within their region (say NY, CA or London) so do the math on those shows to determine where they probably topped out on show attendance. I imagine an LA or NYC-based superfan proably saw in excess of 20 shows, a London-based super fan possibly more.

JPJ was present for every show; you are referring to when JPJ was not present for the encore in Cleveland on August 26, 1970:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/august-26-1970

Yes you are correct. It was the encore(s) where the female played bass. It is on page 118 in the Concert Files.

Not to derail this topic, but the question now seems to be what songs were the encore(s) that she played with 3/4's of Led Zeppelin and who was she?

Yes you are correct. It was the encore(s) where the female played bass. It is on page 118 in the Concert Files.

Not to derail this topic, but the question now seems to be what songs were the encore(s) that she played with 3/4's of Led Zeppelin and who was she?

Odds are the reviewer thought it was a woman and it was one of the techs. We're going off an old review so who knows.

Peter Grant joined the band in San Francisco on January 9th, 1969 and stayed for the rest of the 1st US tour.

Richard Cole started with Zeppelin on Dec. 26th, 1968 in Denver, so he missed the previous 1968 dates (in addition to missing the 1980 dates).

Peter Grant wins since he just missed the first 2 weeks of the 1st US tour.

Archived