The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

7 hours ago, redrum said:

Just watched him in 'The Ballad Of Cable Hogue.' Stella Stevens was smokin' hot.Ā 

HILDY (2).jpg

Was that Saturday? I watched it too. They also showed Pat Garret and Billy the Kid with Kristofferson* L.Q. was in that one too.....that movie sucked. The only thing that saved it was all the nudity.

3 hours ago, greengrass said:

Was that Saturday? I watched it too. They also showed Pat Garret and Billy the Kid with Kristofferson* L.Q. was in that one too.....that movie sucked. The only thing that saved it was all the nudity.

I have it on DVD. (Cable Hogue).Ā 

On 7/13/2022 at 7:52 AM, greengrass said:

Saw Strother Martin tonight in 'The Asphalt Jungle' (1950) He was in the police lineup. He's in the middle. It was Marilyn Monroe's first movie. 12 years later and she was dead.Ā 

STROTHER MARTIN LINEUP.jpg

Edited by redrum

1 hour ago, cryingbluerain said:

Hallelujah.

Californians have been dealing with increasing dangerous crime, largely due to soft-on-crime policies in major cities, specifically in nearby Los Angeles.

• 2 weeks later...
Associated Press

ā€˜Goodfellas,ā€™ ā€˜Law & Orderā€™ actor Paul Sorvino dies at 83

LINDSEY BAHR
Mon, July 25, 2022 at 12:20 PMĀ·5 min read

• Ā 
    Ā 

Ā 

Paul Sorvino, an imposing actor who specialized in playing crooks and cops like Paulie Cicero in ā€œGoodfellasā€ and the NYPD sergeant Phil Cerreta on ā€œLaw & Order,ā€ has died. He was 83.

His publicist Roger Neal said he died Monday morning of natural causes at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Sorvino had dealt with health issues over the past few years.

Mira Sorvino, his daughter, wrote a tribute on Twitter: ā€œMy father the great Paul Sorvino has passed. My heart is rent asunder- a life of love and joy and wisdom with him is over. He was the most wonderful father. I love him so much. Iā€™m sending you love in the stars, Dad, as you ascend.ā€

ā€œOur hearts are broken, there will never be another Paul Sorvino, he was the love of my life, and one of the greatest performers to ever grace the screen and stage,ā€ his wife, Dee Dee Sorvino, said in a statement. She was by his side when he died.

In his over 50 years in the entertainment business, Sorvino was a mainstay in films and television, playing an Italian American communist in Warren Beattyā€™s ā€œReds,ā€ Henry Kissinger in Oliver Stoneā€™s ā€œNixonā€ and mob boss Eddie Valentine in ā€œThe Rocketeer.ā€ He would often say that while he might be best known for playing gangsters, his real passions were poetry, painting and opera.

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:
Associated Press

ā€˜Goodfellas,ā€™ ā€˜Law & Orderā€™ actor Paul Sorvino dies at 83

LINDSEY BAHR
Mon, July 25, 2022 at 12:20 PMĀ·5 min read
  • Ā 

• Ā 
    Ā 
    Ā 

• Ā 
Ā 

Paul Sorvino, an imposing actor who specialized in playing crooks and cops like Paulie Cicero in ā€œGoodfellasā€ and the NYPD sergeant Phil Cerreta on ā€œLaw & Order,ā€ has died. He was 83.

His publicist Roger Neal said he died Monday morning of natural causes at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Sorvino had dealt with health issues over the past few years.

Mira Sorvino, his daughter, wrote a tribute on Twitter: ā€œMy father the great Paul Sorvino has passed. My heart is rent asunder- a life of love and joy and wisdom with him is over. He was the most wonderful father. I love him so much. Iā€™m sending you love in the stars, Dad, as you ascend.ā€

ā€œOur hearts are broken, there will never be another Paul Sorvino, he was the love of my life, and one of the greatest performers to ever grace the screen and stage,ā€ his wife, Dee Dee Sorvino, said in a statement. She was by his side when he died.

In his over 50 years in the entertainment business, Sorvino was a mainstay in films and television, playing an Italian American communist in Warren Beattyā€™s ā€œReds,ā€ Henry Kissinger in Oliver Stoneā€™s ā€œNixonā€ and mob boss Eddie Valentine in ā€œThe Rocketeer.ā€ He would often say that while he might be best known for playing gangsters, his real passions were poetry, painting and opera.

RIP. Sorvino (Goodfellas), Caan (The Godfather), and Sisiro (Sopranos) all in the same month.Ā  Not to mention Ray Liotta 2 months ago. Not a good year to be a wiseguy actor.

Edited by cryingbluerain

Frickin' Reaper.....

Variety

Tony Dow, Who Played Wally Cleaver on ā€˜Leave It to Beaver,ā€™ Dies at 77

Pat Saperstein
Tue, July 26, 2022 at 10:04 AMĀ·2 min read
  • Ā 

• Ā 
    Ā 
  • Tony Dow
    Tony Dow
    American actor, film director and film producer
  • Jerry Mathers
    Jerry Mathers
    American actor
Ā 
Ā 
1414a2a647d31957ce67a9aa11d24001

Tony Dow, the actor and director best known for playing the stalwart older brother Wally Cleaver to Jerry Mathersā€™ Beaver in the iconic series ā€œLeave It to Beaver,ā€ has died. He was 77.

HisĀ official Facebook pageĀ posted that he died Tuesday morning. ā€œIt is with an extremely heavy heart that we share with you the passing of our beloved Tony this morning. Tony was a beautiful soul ā€“ kind, compassionate, funny and humble,ā€ read the message from his management team.

More from Variety

Dow and his wife LaurenĀ announced in MayĀ that his cancer, which he had been diagnosed with years before, had returned.