Your Live Led Zeppelin Wishlist!

Sue Dounim

Tempe 1977

Obviously yer just talking about the first seven songs, missing on the circulating audience tape, yeah?

Why do I have a feeling that some day we will see the Tempe soundboard recording pop up? I bet it would do well sales and marketing wise simply based on the show's 'bad' reputation...

I would like to see a tribute to John Bonham, culled performances where he did amazing things, wouldn't be too difficult to do.

Considering the DVD being chronological, an album cd anthology of audio would be great. Something like three separate sets of double album,CDs.

I know that the "Custard Pie", the "Rover" and "In the Light" were never performed live, but these are the songs that I wish were apart of this list.

+1

Earl's Court Arena 1975 (Best of the nights)

European Tour 1973

Speaking of Earl's Court 1975 - I would love to have NQ Part 2 from the 24th and WWL from the same concert.

Also, SIBLY 21/3/1970.

Long shot, but "Hey Joe" and "Money" whenever they were performed. I have listened to them so many times on youtube, but don't remember the date or bootleg they were from.

I just realized this is my second post, but I keep thinking of things. Sue said it was ok, so it's ok.

The Big Easy Orleans,Jefferson,ST.Bernard???

Speaking of Earl's Court 1975 - I would love to have NQ Part 2 from the 24th and WWL from the same concert.

Also, SIBLY 21/3/1970.

Long shot, but "Hey Joe" and "Money" whenever they were performed. I have listened to them so many times on youtube, but don't remember the date or bootleg they were from.

I just realized this is my second post, but I keep thinking of things. Sue said it was ok, so it's ok.

Basically...EVERYTHING!

I've got a fever and the only cure is more live Led Zeppelin.

But to narrow it down to specifics...

* Any and all 1968-69 shows where "As Long As I Have You" was played in soundboard or audience tape.

* All the Japanese shows from 1971 and 1972 in an official release or upgraded sources 'unofficially'.

* The complete RAH 1.9.70 and complete HTWWW 6.25.72...maybe Jimmy can put these out in Super Deluxe Editions.

* The complete 1973 MSG concerts box set. See above.

* A soundboard or upgraded audience source for 3.12.75 Long Beach.

* Soundboard for 1.20.75 Chicago and the Brussels 75 show where they performed "When the Levee Breaks".

* Upgrades/soundboard for the 1971 Copenhagen shows.

* Soundboard/video for Bath '70.

* Soundboard/video for Pontiac '77.

* Soundboards/upgrades for all 1971 shows

* Soundboard/upgrade for 6.22.77 LA Forum

* Anything (soundboard or audience tape in whatever quality) for any Led Zeppelin concert that hasn't been heard yet...like the missing 7 from 1977.

Although I do love their extended versions of songs (Moby Dick & D&C are my favourites) I find that Whole Lotta Love (How The West Was Won) does get incredibly boring as it lasts for about 25 minutes. I hope there's one around somewhere where it is extended but not to that extent.

I find your thinking on this backwards. Dazed and Confused and Moby Dick and Whole Lotta Love were all 25+ minutes on "How the West Was Won", sure, but it was Dazed and Confused and Moby Dick that were extended with endless soloing.

Whole Lotta Love was a medley, with as many as 5 or more songs being performed in a row. Take out the oldies that made up the medley section and you'll find that the live WLL nearly matches the studio version in length.

If you're looking for a short WLL without the oldies medley, you'll have to look for the WLLs from 1969 to around the 1.9.70 RAH show(see your Led Zeppelin DVD, Disc One).

Also, the 1979 Knebworth part of the DVD has a short WLL with new middle part replacing the theremin bit.

I am among the many people that want a upgrade for Bath 1970, but it would be interesting if Bath 1969 exists.....or even the 1st Albert hall show in June 1969. I would really kill for another show for 1968!! .

Hi gstritzi: Jefferson, at the moment, but work in the CBD. Going uptown soon. Where are you?

I'm a CHALMATION-ST.BERNARD for 42yrs.til KATRINA sent me west to Lafayette!!! Lost my whole ZEP-COLLECTION & That's what I've been doing the last 8yrs.If I can help you out with anything Zep let me know!!!

How's your ZEP-COLLECTION??? DO you no of any other's from our area who are Zep Collectors?

My name is Johnny Stritz 337-281-6045 and i'm looking for the local ZEP-COMMUNITY here in LA.

It is indeed one of the best that I've heard. Pity the quality isn't that brilliant. It's a bootleg, I gather?

I realize that I am late to responding to your post (better late than never). I will say that I do have to disagree with you about the sound quality not being brilliant to your ears. Yes, this awesome version of WLL is from a bootleg, however, if you are even remotely familiar with Led Zeppelin bootlegs, not all are of perfect sound (and) quality. This version, to me, is very clear (not crystal) but very listenable. I would rate it about an 8- to an 8+ in sound quality and in terms of performance a 9 to a 9+.

Obviously yer just talking about the first seven songs, missing on the circulating audience tape, yeah?

Why do I have a feeling that some day we will see the Tempe soundboard recording pop up? I bet it would do well sales and marketing wise simply based on the show's 'bad' reputation...

Actually, I would like the full show. Sure, would be awesome to hear the first 7 songs for the first time (since they were allegedly well played), but to hear what we did get in a better sounding recording from BofE on, might prove that Tempe wasn't as bad as made out to be.

I hope you're right Nutrocker, that maybe someday we do get a full Tempe soundboard pop up!!!

how bout a box set full of nothing but live recordings from LZ

Or, barring that, how 'bout a series of "From The Vaults" releases -'warts and all' recordings- along the lines of what the Stones have started doing?

I would like to hear zeppelin doing songs live that where never done live!

How about:

In The Light

Carosuelambra

Hats Off To Roy Harper

Your Time Is Gonna Come

Royal Orleans

Night Flight

Boogie With Stu (acoustic set maybe?)

I know they wouldnt be able to do these songs justice live, but I would sure love to watch em try!

1. 6/21/1977, 6/22/1977, 6/23/1977, 6/25/1977, 6/26/1977, 6/27/1977 -LIVE BOX SET- (possible missing tape/cuts listed in notes and merged with aud's)

2. 11/6/1969 & 11/7/1969 - "Tight But Winterland" Box Set from Multi's or SBD

3. 5/3/1971 ---with Celebration Day from '71... (8/7/71? or 9/3/71?) & Organ Solo-Thank You from 8/31/71 -as BONUS TRACKS

4. Same as #1 but with NYC '77

*5. Pontiac, Landover(s), Cleveland(s), Houston, Atlanta(?) '1977 CC Video Feeds (possibly the LA run and maybe NYC run as well)

6. 9/19/70 Box of early and late shows

7. all of 1970-1972 on sbd or multi's
8. Pro-Shot video of Jimmy attempting to photosynthesize like a plant.

Am I the only one who wishes 1st gen tapes of Seattle '77 would show up? I really enjoy that show and the low-gen clip of Stairway and the encore just isn't enough. I feel like people would view this show in a better light if the video we have wasn't some high-gen garbage.

Am I the only one who wishes 1st gen tapes of Seattle '77 would show up? I really enjoy that show and the low-gen clip of Stairway and the encore just isn't enough. I feel like people would view this show in a better light if the video we have wasn't some high-gen garbage.

I don't think that even if the Seattle '77 video was available in Celebration Day quality it would improve peoples' opinions of the performance any...to be able to see Jimmy Page in full blown 1977 Junkie Chic mode in better clarity would probably make matter worse! :lol:

I just mean performance wise. The sound of the full source sounds dull without much in the high end. If you listen to the low-gen clip, the sound is noticeably crisper and you can actually hear the audience! I just feel while Jimmy's playing admittedly isn't the best (aside from that amazing solo on StH), hearing the soundtrack how it's supposed to sound would certainly help.

I just mean performance wise. The sound of the full source sounds dull without much in the high end. If you listen to the low-gen clip, the sound is noticeably crisper and you can actually hear the audience! I just feel while Jimmy's playing admittedly isn't the best (aside from that amazing solo on StH), hearing the soundtrack how it's supposed to sound would certainly help.

Even better would be a soundtrack consisting of a matrix of the video soundtrack and the "Bill B" audience tape (yeah, I know there's a Sloppy Slumpy matrix of Seattle but I'm talking about somebody who actually knows what the fuck they're doing lashing together a matrix!)

I hope EVSD's next '77 SBD release is 1977/06/08. Considering what the aud tape is like, this show needs an upgrade like King Kong needs a woman. I'm convinced there's an amazing show underneath all that mud, and I bet it'll yield an awesome version of Kashmir, considering whenever they messed that song up, they always made up for it the next night. EVSD could even pack it with 06/07 and label it 'Double Shot II'.

Archived