Robert Plant Performing Live in 2014

SteveAJones

Please post announcements, news, reviews, recordings and photos of Robert Plant Performing Live in 2014 in this thread.

Just where is Robert Plant performing live in 2014? Has there been any confirmed tour dates? Any in the Great United States of America (meaning Dallas or any other city in Texas)?

I witnessed Mr. Plant's first gig earlier this year in Dallas, Texas at the Dallas Palladium. If he does return to Dallas (or Austin or Houston in 2014), I will be there.

... By the way, 2014 is still about three (3) weeks away and this shark jumper (as the hypocrite named strider likes to "bash" me for) and "insipid" at least knows how to tell time and count days on the calendar and not make things up just to boost your/their egos just to try and make me look bad. If anyone wants to make me look or sound bad, at least say that I am (Breaking) Bad. That I can respect.

Back on topic, when is Mr. Robert Plant coming back to Dallas, Texas?

German ROLLING STONE is announcing two shows for ROBERT PLANT & SSS on July 16, 2014 in Berlin and July 17, 2014 in Dresden.

yeah great, thanks very much Robert!! That's 5 hours away from me..How bout touring Western Germany?? Düsseldorf (Mitsubishi Electric Halle)?? Essen?? Cologne??? Frankfurt??Dortmund?? C'mon Robert, that's not fair..I'd love to see watch you performing again :tears:

Former Led Zeppelin singer has first Czech show in eight years

Robert Plant, the former lead singer of Led Zeppelin, has been announced as the headline act of this coming summer’s Colours of Ostrava festival. The festival takes place July 17 to 20 in north Moravia in the former industrial area of Dolní Vitkovice. It will be Plant‘s first show in the Czech Republic in eight years. He will come with his new band, the Sensational Space Shifters, which made its debut in 2012.

The new band is built in part on people he worked with previously. “I decided that I wanted to get back to something resembling a ‘British condition.’ I looked back at the Strange Sensation lineup I had worked with before Band of Joy,” Plant toldLA Weekly. “We decided to get together to try something out. It just had such a strange and unusual way about it.” The new band includes West African musician Juldeh Camara, drummer Dave Smith, keyboardist John Baggott and bassist Justin Adams.

Colours of Ostrava festival director Zlata Holušová is excited about the addition to the lineup.“I saw Plant’s sold out concert this October in London at Royal Albert Hall. It was a great experience. For his entire life he has been adding to his bewitching mix of world music; there is his love of African blues plus his experience and playfulness,” Holušová said in a press release. “He stunningly led his audience through the desert … and then showed a taste of the energy of old Led Zeppelin. The audience almost could not breathe because of beautiful and unfamiliar combination of Africa and rock ’n’ roll,” she added.

The festival lineup is still in its early stages, but confirmed acts include American singer John Grant, Swedish psychedelic band Goat and American-Nigerian poet and singer Iyeoka. Tickets for the festival are already available online at eshop.colours.cz.

http://praguepost.com/night-day/33790-robert-plant-to-play-colours-of-ostrava

Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters

Robert Plant with exclusive concert at Bergen Norway Fest 2014! It is with great pleasure that we can introduce Robert Plant as one of the main attractions in Bergen Fest 2014. Thursday 12 June is the date to note. What rock would have been without Robert Plant is a timely question. The iconic singer has inspired generations of singers and front men with his soulful voice and immersive presence.

Now Robert Plant with the band The Sensational Space shifters, which presents a show that reflects the spirit of adventure, spontaneity and passion. The band combines new versions of classic Led Zeppelin songs and psychobilly-shots of the Mississippi blues with African trance, psychedelia and contemporary dance beats.

The Sensational Space Shifters consists of the charismatic West African musician Juldeh Camara, guitar duo Skin Tyson and Justin Adams, Bristol triphop guru John Baggot and one of the most inventive rhythm sections Plant has worked with bassist Billy Fuller and drummer Dave Smith. This is a unique opportunity to see one of rock's great personalities break new ground and push boundaries with the same fervor and passion for the music that has made Robert Plant for an artist that has left deep traces in rock history.

With Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant sold over 200 million records, making it one of the best selling artists of all time. For Plant, however, has always been the creative driving force. The desire to challenge themselves and genre conventions. This has resulted in a very rich catalog and many exciting projects, which during the last decade has resulted in several Grammy nominations and awards, first albums "Dreamland" (2002) and "Mighty rearranges" (2005) with the band Strange Sensations , which largely make up his current crew of The Sensational Space shifters. Then followed some years where Robert Plant spent his time in Nashville and recorded the albums "Raising Sand" (2007) with bluegrass queen Alison Krauss and "Band of Joy" (2010) with strong contributions from including Buddy Miller and Patty Griffin. Both albums made it sharply among both critics and sales purposes.

Robert Plant visited Bergen earlier, each time it has resulted in the fantastic concerts where the element of surprise has been present in full measure. We look forward to welcoming Robert Plant and his fabulous band welcome to our main outdoor stage.This is otherwise his only concert in Norway this summer!

The first names of Bergenfest 2014 was published in early December and includes Billy Bragg, Graham Parker & The Rumour, Agnes Obel and The Dillinger Escape Plan, More festival performers will be announced on an ongoing basis.

Original article below:

Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters

Robert Plant med eksklusiv Norgeskonsert på Bergenfest 2014! Det er med stor glede vi kan presentere Robert Plant som en av hovedattraksjonene til Bergenfest 2014. Torsdag 12. Juni er datoen å merke seg. Hva rocken ville vært uten Robert Plant er et betimelig spørsmål. Den ikoniske vokalisten har inspirert flere generasjoner av sangere og frontfigurer med sin sjelfulle stemme og altoppslukende tilstedeværelse.

Nå er Robert Plant aktuell med bandet The Sensational Space Shifters, som presenterer et show som reflekterer eventyrlyst, spontanitet og lidenskap. Bandet forener nye varianter av klassiske Led Zeppelin-låter og psychobilly-tagninger av Mississippi-blues med afrikansk trance, psykedelia og kontemporære dansebeats.

The Sensational Space Shifters består av den karismatiske vest-afrikanske musikeren Juldeh Camara, gitarduoen Skin Tyson og Justin Adams, Bristols triphop-guru John Baggot og en av de mest oppfinnsomme rytmeseksjonene Plant har jobbet med, bassisten Billy Fuller og trommeslageren Dave Smith. Dette er en unik mulighet til å se en av rockens store personligheter pløye ny mark og flytte grenser med den samme glød og lidenskap til musikken som har gjort Robert Plant til en artist som har satt dype spor etter seg i rockens historie.

Med Led Zeppelin har Robert plant solgt over 200 millioner plater, og er med det en av verdens mestselgende artister gjennom tidene. For Plant har imidlertid det kreative alltid vært drivkraften. Ønsket om å utfordre seg selv og sjangerkonvensjonene. Dette har resultert i en svært innholdsrik katalog og mange spennende prosjekter, som i løpet av det siste tiåret har resultert i flere Grammynominasjoner og priser, først for albumene ”Dreamland” (2002) og ”Mighty Rearranger” (2005) sammen med bandet Strange Sensations, som i stor grad utgjør hans nåværende besetning i The Sensational Space Shifters. Deretter fulgte noen år der Robert Plant brukte tiden sin i Nashville og spilte inn albumene ”Raising Sand” (2007) med bluegrassdronningen Alison Krauss og ”Band of Joy” (2010) med sterke bidrag fra blant annet Buddy Miller og Patty Griffin. Begge albumene gjorde det skarpt både blant kritikerne og salgsmessig.

Robert Plant har besøkt Bergen tidligere, hver gang har det resultert i fantastiske konserter der overraskelsesmomentet har vært tilstede i fullt monn. Vi gleder oss til å ønske Robert Plant og hans fabelaktige band velkommen til vår største utendørsscene. Dette blir forøvrig hans eneste konsert i Norge til sommeren!

De første navnene til Bergenfest 2014 ble offentliggjort tidlig i desember og inkluderer Billy Bragg, Graham Parker & The Rumour, Agnes Obel og The Dillinger Escape Plan, Flere festivalartister blir offentliggjort fortløpende.

http://bergenfest.no/konserter/robert-plant-and-the-sensational-space-shifters/

Robert Plant And the Sensational Space Shifters

Live At The Marquee, Cork (Ireland)

25th June 2014.

Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters have confirmed they will play a date in Ireland this summer at Cork Live At The Marquee on 25 June. Tickets go on sale Friday 13 December at 9am from all usual outlets.

Robert Plant's Sensational Space Shifters present a show of adventure, spontaneity and passion - One the greatest live Rock and Roll performers of all time hits another peak with a band mixing African Trance, Psychedelia, and 21st Century warped dancebeats into a web of re-envisioned Led Zeppelin classics, psychobilly takes on Mississippi Blues, and pastoral moments of beauty.

West African Master Musician Juldeh Camara whips the crowd into frenzy, while the twin guitars of Skin Tyson and Justin Adams travel from deep roots groove to transcendental lift off. Bristol trip-hop maestro John Baggott provides waves of electronica, while Billy Fuller and Dave Smith on Bass and Drums respectively are one Plant's most powerful and inventive rhythm sections ever.

This is a show not to be missed, a chance to see one of the great Space Shifters still pushing the boundaries, remaining true to the original spirit of joy which shook the world.

www.robertplant.com

Tickets for ROBERT PLANT and the SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS at Live At The Marquee in Cork go on sale Friday 13 December at 9.00am and will be available from:-

All Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide

Credit Card Bookings 0818 719 300 (ROI) / 0844 277 4455 (NI)

Online at www.ticketmaster.ie

http://www.marqueecork.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2089-robert-plant-and-the-sensational-space-shifters-to-play-live-at-the-marquee-cork.html

yeah great, thanks very much Robert!! That's 5 hours away from me..How bout touring Western Germany?? Düsseldorf (Mitsubishi Electric Halle)?? Essen?? Cologne??? Frankfurt??Dortmund?? C'mon Robert, that's not fair..I'd love to see watch you performing again :tears:

Hi there girl,message me,have not heard from you for awhile

Robert Plant, 2014 rumoured tour dates

12th June - Bergen Fest (Bergen, Norway)

20th June - Crocus City Hall (Moscow, Russia)

25th June - Live At The Marquee Festival (Cork, Ireland)

5th July - Cognac Blues Passions Festival (Cognac, France)

16th July - Spandau Citadel (Berlin, Germany)

17th July - Junge Garde (Dresden, Germany)

?18/19/20? July - Colours of Ostrava Festival (Moravia, Czech Republic)

New Swedish tour dates added:

Robert Plant, 2014 tour dates

10th June - Trädgårdsföreningen (Gothernburg, Sweden)

14th June - Dalhalla (Rättvik, Sweden)

And an Estonian date too: http://www.ticketpro.ee/jnp/en/music/1238887-robert-plant.html

10th June - Trädgårdsföreningen (Gothernburg, Sweden)

16th June - Saku Suurhall (Tallinn, Estonia)

• 3 weeks later...

Information about 2014 live dates from Robert Plant's new interview published today in Uncut Magazine.

• US dates
  • Japan dates
  • Glastonbury Festival (strongly hinted at, Robert says that they will "go through" Glastonbury "once or twice")

Glad to see RP with more 2014 tour dates...though didn't he say, perhaps tongue in cheek, that he would not be touring in 2014 and thus be available for some LZ shows?

He wasn't serious and seldom is when it comes to that subject.

Information about 2014 live dates from Robert Plant's new interview published today in Uncut Magazine.

• US dates
  • Japan dates
  • Glastonbury Festival (strongly hinted at, Robert says that they will "go through" Glastonbury "once or twice")

I'll believe there'll be Japanese dates when I see him; he hasn't performed here in nearly 18 years. If he does come we're talking small venues.

Looks like we'll see the first official tour announcement tomorrow. In the mean time:

Two Japanese festival dates

10th June - Trädgårdsföreningen (Gothenburg, Sweden)

16th June - Saku Suurhall (Tallinn, Estonia)

16th August - Summer Sonic Festival (Tokyo, Japan)

17th August - Summer Sonic Festival (Osaka, Japan)

• 2 months later...

Archived