Robert announcing "sensational" year on Jimmy's birthday tomorrow

JeromeTheMetronome

Aah once again proving that Plants ability to promote his solo career

can even extend to Jimmys birthday!

Well done Robert! I for one could have done with a slightly more gracious announcement

on the 70TH birthday of the man you owe your career to....

Hi clw:

I believe US dates may happen later in the fall. He did indicate that the tour would include the US.

Yes, he did say they would be back over here!

I really hope he comes back to NOLA!

The Saenger Theatre in New Orleans is recently re-opened after a complete long overdue repair (after Katrina damaged it) and is back to it's original glory if not better! It is simply gorgeous!

I would LOVE for Robert & crew to play there!

Aah once again proving that Plants ability to promote his solo career

can even extend to Jimmys birthday!

Well done Robert! I for one could have done with a slightly more gracious announcement

on the 70TH birthday of the man you owe your career to....

Hmmm....can't argue that point. Maybe he sent Jimmy

A sensational space stripper...for his birthday of course.

Only way Plant gets to play the Forum is by showing up with Messars Page, Plant, and Bonham. Or by sharing lead vocal duties with Sir Paul.

But Plant wants to run away from his glorious past more than ever these days it seems.

... and doing quite well on his own.

He's doing exactly what he wants and is "only" playing 3000-5000 seat theaters.

Sounds pretty good to me.

The timing of this release was in my opinion to deflect the ... "Holy sh*t! Jimmy Page is 70! When will the mighty Led Zeppelin do something?? That stick in the mud Robert Plant is too busy with his solo career!! The boyz aren't getting any younger!! It's now or never!!" articles...

He should have waited a day or two though ...

I love Robert and the SSS but his tour announcement on

Jimmy's 70TH birthday was out of line and in poor taste.

Especially knowing that Jimmy has no rebuttal.

No touring or recordings from Mr. Page so it's like

Robert saying "Hey , I'm going on tour and you're not"...

I love Robert and the SSS but his tour announcement on

Jimmy's 70TH birthday was out of line and in poor taste.

Especially knowing that Jimmy has no rebuttal.

No touring or recordings from Mr. Page so it's like

Robert saying "Hey , I'm going on tour and you're not"...

I like to think the chase had it right when he said the timing was chosen to dispel inevitable reunion speculation.

On the other hand, if Robert would stop saying things like "I'm free in 2014" it wouldn't be coming up anymore.

Agreed SAJ, I know it's a joke, but to blame no reunion tour on his career

which is acceptable......to warding off the questions with 'free in 2014', then

to purposely down play it, as in announce a tour of SSS on JP's birthday........

... O.K. fine your not free in 2014, like we all figured. So there would be no

speculation if he hadn't made the "free in 2014 comment"

But Jones hinted the first....saying he's going to finally do the Opera in 2014.

I always admired Robert's solo ventures - always. He has done remarkable things since 1980.

However his recent tour announcement on Jimmy's birthday just plain sits wrong with me.

Such bullshit between these guys and Robert is the antagonist.

However he may have done this because the "Capricorns" may have never called him to talk

after his "I'm free in 2014" Interview last year...he put out an olive branch and Jimmy and JPJ

probably ignored it like Robert had done to them after the O2.

Like I said - such bullshit. And that opera...OMG PLEASE!!!!

I would like to formally apologize to all my former bandmates. I apparently am an uncouth, inconsiderate pratt. When scheduling gigs or announcements, not once did I consider your birthdays. Apparently I am so passive aggressive that I did not even notice what I was doing. So clueless am I about common courtesy and simple etiquette, that I did not even know this was something I should keep track of. As a matter of fact I am not sure I know what those dates are.

I would like to formally apologize to all my former bandmates. I apparently am an uncouth, inconsiderate pratt. When scheduling gigs or announcements, not once did I consider your birthdays. Apparently I am so passive aggressive that I did not even notice what I was doing. So clueless am I about common courtesy and simple etiquette, that I did not even know this was something I should keep track of. As a matter of fact I am not sure I know what those dates are.

Every Led Zeppelin fan on the planet knew it was Jimmy's 70th Birthday; you can bet his former bandmates knew. However, I think it was Robert's way of heading off the tedious and inevitable reunion speculation for 2014, particularly with the first series of re-releases coming out not to mention Robert's own tongue-in-cheek quips.

If Robert actually came out and said "I will never perform as a member of Led Zeppelin ever again" I would say fair enough.

Its the games and the will I won't I persona he has adopted that grates.The 70 th birthday thing is just bad manners.

He used to have a lighter touch!

I agree with most of you... He didn't know when Page's birthday was?

Maybe the 'free in 2014' WAS an olive branch, I heard as a quick joke

to fend off the constant questions of reunion.. The tour announcement

to fend off the questions about a reunion, yes I think so as well. The

problem was how tacky was it to do it on Page's day. Don't know if

that's antagonistic, or maybe he knows it will cause some interest.

There doesn't seem a lot of affection for his former band mates these days!

Only if there's a project to flog. As for olive branch I would think the other two would

have thought Planty up to his old nonsense again.

Archived