DREAMS

desirezep

I dream every night and I can remember them sooooo well...

I had a dream last night that my mother was tap dancing with stockings that were so big on her that she had to wear fake knees....

WTF?

it was very ERASORHEAD!

I dreamt the other night that I was flying over San Francisco and I don't mean in an airplane either. :D

I was way above the city and could see the whole bay area. It was also in color and the sky was the most beautiful shade of blue I've ever seen. It seemed so damned real too to be up in the air like that.

B)

• 3 years later...

Well if you're permanently narc'd up and hallucinating, do you really think you should be on the road?

Just sayin' :whistling:

Does one have to be hallucinating to Dream? You just do not understand what I meant. I am quite alert and not impaired by any meds I take for pain. Alchohol is far more of a problem and I do not drink but on occasion. Holidays or if I go to diinne I may have one, two max.. You seem to be very judgmental of people.

I have a couple recurrent dreams.

The most frequent is my tornado dream.

I usually see multiple tornado funnels coming towards the house I'm in, and they usually wind all around without actually hitting.

But recently - for the first time - the tornadoes actually destroyed the home I was in leaving only the foundation.

I also have flying dreams - as mentioned before, not in a plane but actually flying with my body.

Many times I get airborne by jumping up and catching a breeze, and continue getting higher and higher up.

It's been awhile, but I sometimes have very violent dreams where someone is breaking in or something, and even though I'll have a gun, I won't have bullets, or it jams, or most often (and most frustrating) my bullets move very slow and have no effect.

I'll often end up hiding and "playing dead" to avoid being shot, but the bad guys almost always shoot me anyway "to be sure".

The variation of the violent dreams is where I get into violent physical altercations, but I always end up beating the shit out of the opponent, no matter his size, or even if there are more than one.

I guess at least in my dreams I can be quite the badass! lulz.

I usually see multiple tornado funnels coming towards the house I'm in, and they usually wind all around without actually hitting.

But recently - for the first time - the tornadoes actually destroyed the home I was in leaving only the foundation.

Reminds me of Take Shelter which I watched a few months ago. Here's the trailer in case you haven't seen it. I can't remember if you posted about it in the movies thread or not.

I also have flying dreams - as mentioned before, not in a plane but actually flying with my body.

It's been awhile, but I sometimes have very violent dreams where someone is breaking in or something.

This is always an interesting topic.

My recurring dream is I'm on an out of control elevator, either up or down.

I also have occasional scary/violent dreams, I think it's from some of the books I read movies/shows I watch.

Anyone have anxiety dreams? I used to have them often when I was in school, but I still have them at times.

TypeO, I seem to recall reading that flying dreams mean you are at peace.

I often dream of encountering carnage in unexpected places. Like, I'm walking around an office building, and when I turn a corner in the corridor, there's blood & body parts all over the carpet. Kind of like in Jacob's Ladder. But this started before I saw Jacob's Ladder.

That, and thick, ominous chains hanging from ceilings...and filthy toilet blocks, with the feeling that something totally degrading has just happened to me.

That's horrifying. :o

I often dream of dead members of my family coming back to warn be about something, but they never tell me what it is.

This is interesting, Joe. Aside from your family members being there, what is happening in the enviroment of these dreams? Anything out of place, different?

I often journey in my dreams.

TypeO, I seem to recall reading that flying dreams mean you are at peace.

That's pretty cool.

I'm a fairly simple / easy-going guy, and there are times when I do feel peace.

But it's definitely not all the time.

Still, it feels good when it is.

Personally I believe that ours dreams are nothing more than a reflection of what's on our minds around the time we fall asleep, which to a large agrees with what Freud said. I have even read articles that teach you how to induce a dream of whatever you want by applying this theory.

There is also this tribe, I cannot remember for the life of me who they are, who are supposed to be skilled in returning to previous dreams...like picking up where they left off. I hope somebody here knows who they are..been trying to remember for years.

Ok...here we go.

I was on the Cast Away island after a cruise ship wreck or something. There were two other people with me. We were there for some time and decided to build a boat and sail out to civilization(and yes, I watched the movie before falling asleep). We finished building the boat - although with what materials I cannot say - and while we were sitting by a fire before we were to set out, one of the men said that one of us will have to push the boat off this rock to get it moving, and that person would not be able to get back on the boat. After a little bit, I volunteered. I remember it was overcast the day of the ship's launch. I pushed them into the sea, and stood there for a while, watching them disappear into the mist. Over the next couple days, I fell into a sort of depression, just doing nothing. I wouldn't eat, and because of that, my physical strength started declining. It got to the point where I couldn't even get out of bed, so I started hallucinating from thirst. I'd hear voices and see dark shapes. After a little bit, my vision started fading, and I woke up. Incredibly, this.all happened in 10 hours. A pretty good storyline for a nightmare, I must say as well.

Archived