2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Green Bay over Philly. Philly's secondary is not strong and Sanchez is always good for 2-3 turnovers per game. Is it in Philly or GB? Btw, Foles is out until at least week 15 - but probably the rest of the regular season.

Thanks Walter. I may have to see the Eagles play tonight. But I can change the Eliminator pick right up until game time. You should check out ESPN fantasy games. They are free and fun. I do agree with you but the Eagles defense had a shutout and has been very good. You dont think Washington will beat Tampa? Or you figure its not real safe? I do think Indy will beat the Patriots on the turf. But its always a risk. I also forgot to list Cleveland over Houston. I rather like Cleveland in that one but no lock

Yeah, I don't think any of those are locks. But Rodgers is not gonna let them lose such an important game. I'd wait to see Philly in action tonight too, but they are playing Carolina - and they have about NO offense right now. Green Bay is arguably the best offense in football right now.

Yeah, I don't think any of those are locks. But Rodgers is not gonna let them lose such an important game. I'd wait to see Philly in action tonight too, but they are playing Carolina - and they have about NO offense right now. Green Bay is arguably the best offense in football right now.

In the air they are. Not on the ground. If they played Buffalo I guarantee they would not ring up 55 on our secondary with our pass rush. They would have to try and run. Chicago sucks. I have someone telling me to take Washington. Talk about being scared to take a team. They are bad but Tampa is likely worse. I am really tempted to take the Vikings and stick my neck out. A tie breaker is the points differential. So if you take Baltimore like yesterday minus 10 over Tennessee, you will not get as many pts as if you take a team like Minnesota plus 2. I just think coming off the bye the Vikings can beat Chicago in their stadium. I know I am going to bet them in a parlay. Whether its Bridgewater or Ponder I like the Vikes and if Peterson were playing I would run to the window. I am tempted to take Indy and KC as well but going against NE and Seattle is likely a big gamble. But Indy is on fire. And Seattle has problems. The Giants are not good enough to exploit them but KC is. Remember what KC did to New England at home? As for tonight, I will be shocked if Sanchez does not throw two picks minimum. I like the game under (48)

The Bills are plus 5 and to me that is crazy. We can win

Edited by LedZeppfan77

How about these Rams? I would not be shocked if they pull another shocker and beat Denver. They are not to be taken lightly. When Bradford returns, look out. Next year of course. Arizona was looking so good and now it looks bleak for Carson Palmer. But I am not convinced that they cannot win without him. He never impressed me as a pro. He was great in college.

You do know the Rams lost, right? The Cardinals beat them like a drum. Buffalo wishes they had a quarterback like Carson Palmer. They'd be dancing in the streets. Hell, they could use Sanchez.

Added to the FRAUD list:

Buffalo Bills. I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but you can't lose the games they do the way they do and be considered a valid playoff contender. Maybe next year...which is the common refrain in those parts.

Chicago Bears: Toast. Road kill. Bums. Another city where "wait 'til next year" is heard often...I think it is a Chicagoans birthright.

Cincinnati Bungholes. Just another Marvin Lewis pratfall waiting to happen.

Pittsburgh Stumblebees. Actually, I might have already had them as frauds...but in case I didn't, this past week's loss to the J-E-T-S confirms my worst suspicions about Pittsburgh's inability to be trusted.

On the bubble: New Orleans, Detroit, San Francisco, Dallas, Philadelphia. The jury is still out on these teams, in my opinion. They could get it together or it could all fall apart like a house of cards.

The injury that may change EVERYTHING in the NFC: Carson Palmer. The Arizona Cardinals were flying high with the best record in the NFC at 8-1 after Sunday's win over the Rams. But now that Palmer is out for the year, who knows what happens to the Cardinals the rest of the season. Can they maintain or will they go on a two- or three-game losing streak?

As it stands right now, here are the only teams that I consider "ready for prime time": AFC: New England, Denver, Indianapolis. NFC: Green Bay, Seattle.

As it stands right now, here are the only teams that I consider "ready for prime time": AFC: New England, Denver, Indianapolis. NFC: Green Bay, Seattle.

This I agree with. They are the only teams that can dominate week in and week out. Seattle had better hope they clinch that NFC West though - on the road, in the playoffs, they will be very beatable. They still have 4 games against SF and AZ, so they can still do it. This is the time of the year injuries start to pile up, which could change everything.

I think the Arizona Cardinals will be alright--Stanton has proven he can come in & win games and that the offense isn't afraid to push the ball down the field with him as QB. Without looking at the schedule, I believe they still have 2 games apiece with the Niners and Seahawks--so that should be a real test of their mettle. But I believe in Coach Arians, so I would add Arizona to the ready for primetime list....

Walter and paul: I don't have Seattle's schedule handy at the moment but if memory serves, their last five games of the season are all against division foes. So Arizona, Seattle, and San Francisco will have a nice little pennant stretch-drive battle.

Walter and paul: I don't have Seattle's schedule handy at the moment but if memory serves, their last five games of the season are all against division foes. So Arizona, Seattle, and San Francisco will have a nice little pennant stretch-drive battle.

Well they must go to KC and that will be a pure bitch on their offense. Their defense better bring their A game or chalk this up as a loss

As of now I have selected Green Bay over the Eagles in my eliminator. There are 13,000 and change left with a perfect score like mine. The number had been posted as 11,88 but they changed it. Can I really trust the Redskins more than Green Bay? I know the Eagles are not Tampa either. After blowing out Chicago and putting up a 55 spot, the Packers could be a bit over confident? I am soooo tempted to take Minnesota over the Bears on the road. they are only getting 2 pts. I believe Minnesota will win this game. On defense. They gave us fits, not that it says much, but Sammy Watkins beat them at the buzzer. The 49ers are another possibility to beat the Giants in NY. I find it hard to believe them screwing that up but the Giants have been on and off. And then there is Detroit going against an Arizona QB that has not been in much. Too risky. Carolina is so bad you have to think Atlanta will beat them. I have that option also. And last but not least is KC at home vs Seattle. I really like KC to beat them, But no lock for sure. All roads seem to lead to the Redskins beating those lame ass Bucs

So, are people putting Mark Sanchez in the Hall of Fame after last night? Let's all remember who they were playing--if, and it's a big if, they beat the Packers then I'll give Sanchez a pat on the back. But all these folks going nuts about Sanchez--please calm down....

. The Philly boards are a joke. One clown says they will

L sweep Dallas. No way I told him

I never thought Sanchez deserved all the crap he got. Clearly some of his foibles were part of the greater dysfunctionality of the NYJ.

We'll see how he does as he continues playing, it could get interesting. Was pretty amazing to see him through a few deep bombs that were picture perfect.

I never thought Sanchez deserved all the crap he got. Clearly some of his foibles were part of the greater dysfunctionality of the NYJ.

We'll see how he does as he continues playing, it could get interesting. Was pretty amazing to see him through a few deep bombs that were picture perfect.

I still say he sucks

Perhaps McKelvin, the Bill's corner who muffed the punt vs KC has sparked a rebirth in the old Bills/Dolphins rivalry? He has guaranteed victory after the KC game when he cost us the win. Miami has wind of it and does not like it. So even though Marrone does not condone it, Marrone should be looking over his shoulder. Pegula is not going to take it if he does not succeed. He will be next to Dick Jauron and a handfull of other failed coaches that left their name in Orchard Park, NY. Here is to victory tonight. We have after all beaten them something like 4 straight? I know its at least 3. Miami has played well but so has Buffalo's defense and they have been rated a top 5 unit. Shut them down, and hit Watkins and Woods. I am hoping Jackson is a go and ready to rumble.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Perhaps McKelvin, the Bill's corner who muffed the punt vs KC has sparked a rebirth in the old Bills/Dolphins rivalry? He has guaranteed victory after the KC game when he cost us the win. Miami has wind of it and does not like it. So even though Marrone does not condone it, Marrone should be looking over his shoulder. Pegula is not going to take it if he does not succeed. He will be next to Dick Jauron and a handfull of other failed coaches that left their name in Orchard Park, NY. Here is to victory tonight. We have after all beaten them something like 4 straight? I know its at least 3. Miami has played well but so has Buffalo's defense and they have been rated a top 5 unit. Shut them down, and hit Watkins and Woods. I am hoping Jackson is a go and ready to rumble.

You know, if I had to be totally honest--I would say it's hard for me to get pumped about tonight's game. Don't get me wrong, I will be watching tonight--but what are they playing for exactly; 2nd place and maybe a shot at a wild card. We all know despite some predictions, father time has yet to beat Brady and Belichick. So, as the Pats romp to yet another division title, I say to myself, what does tonight's game really amount too? Am I being too apathetic, I don't know...

smiley-confused013.gif