Jimmy Page to appear on The Tonight Show on Monday May 12th

jnm244

^^ My record shop guy was just saying the same last time I saw him. He heard some of the bonus tracks at some conference or convention and said it's amazing stuff! I can't wait to hear it all, especially SIBLY, although I can't imagine liking any version more than the one that made it to LZIII.

If I remember correctly, the alternate SIBLY was the first unreleased track that Jimmy discussed in the media. For him to talk about that before any other of the tracks is a really good sign.

If I remember correctly, the alternate SIBLY was the first unreleased track that Jimmy discussed in the media. For him to talk about that before any other of the tracks is a really good sign.

Yes, in fact, Jimmy said that it was the track that he was most pleased with, at the time that I heard him discuss it.

Rosiet, if you leave, it only makes them happy and awards them a sense of power over you that doesn't really exist. The Bobbsey Twins come and they go...they never stick around for long...so it's not worth paying attention to anything they say. I mean, really, who cares about the photos used in avatars...if they are current or not? They like stirring up the pot so ignoring them is the best revenge.

Trolls crave attention and bickering, so if we all ignore them, eventually they'll get bored and go somewhere else.

Well put as usual Strider! In agreement and please stay here Rosiet!

You are so much better and contribute more than a bottom dwelling troll like that! Don't let it bother you and best be known, that you have a lot of support here from so many great members here! Don't dwell on it and just forget about it! :thumbsup::you_rock:

^^ My record shop guy was just saying the same last time I saw him. He heard some of the bonus tracks at some conference or convention and said it's amazing stuff! I can't wait to hear it all, especially SIBLY, although I can't imagine liking any version more than the one that made it to LZIII.

Agree, can't imagine anything being better than that!!

Yes, in fact, Jimmy said that it was the track that he was most pleased with, at the time that I heard him discuss it.

I wondered which song Jimmy is most excited about, and now I'm really excited about it, too!!

Agree, can't imagine anything being better than that!!

I wondered which song Jimmy is most excited about, and now I'm really excited about it, too!!

...very happy that Jimmy is gracing the Legendary City all over again, SIBLY for me, it is indeed beautiful time with Jimmy all over again...beautiful moments from his Iconic Legacy...

Is it really possible that an unreleased OT of SIBLY is really better than one of the great live versions? It would be tough, to top the 1971 version,,,especially the one from Berkeley in September, even with the edit, it's my favorite version of this. Any other versions come close that any of you can think of? Just perfect throughout!

Jimmy said that the SIBLY outtake was quite different from the original, but an impressive version. I always wondered why he nicked the first 5 notes of The Yardbirds New York City Blues (Jeff Beck) and used them as the first 5 notes of SIBLY; it will be interesting to see if that remains on the alternate SIBLY. Not that it matters, but it makes wonder.

Jimmy said that the SIBLY outtake was quite different from the original, but an impressive version. I always wondered why he nicked the first 5 notes of The Yardbirds New York City Blues (Jeff Beck) and used them as the first 5 notes of SIBLY; it will be interesting to see if that remains on the alternate SIBLY. Not that it matters, but it makes wonder.

Ahhhh...those first 5 glorious notes!!! Followed by the throbbing heartbeat drums!!!! And that's when I melt!!! ❤

It is indeed confusing. I had assumed that Jimmy's appearance on the show was off, but there's multiple reports of people at NBC Studios for The Tonight Show seeing and meeting Jimmy there. If he's not on the show tonight, maybe he's recorded something for the future.

He is friendly with both Jack White and Neil Young. He might have decided to just hang out.,,

He probably would have felt obligated to jam if he was interviewed.

Maybe, as mentioned he recorded something for a later date... a quick skit, 20 questions..who knows?

I don't believe he played. In fact, he's mentioned multiple times now in interviews that he's prepared to start picking up the guitar everyday as opposed to just once a week so that he can get back to form. Though i am enamored with the idea of Jack White's Third Man Records releasing Jimmy's solo work just like he did with Neil Young.

I don't believe he played. In fact, he's mentioned multiple times now in interviews that he's prepared to start picking up the guitar everyday as opposed to just once a week so that he can get back to form. Though i am enamored with the idea of Jack White's Third Man Records releasing Jimmy's solo work just like he did with Neil Young.

If only I could be a fly on the wall as the man I consider to be a god gets himself into playing shape... i really hope he surrounds himself with the right people to get him there in body and spirit....the question would be what kind of band would it be?

If only I could be a fly on the wall as the man I consider to be a god gets himself into playing shape... i really hope he surrounds himself with the right people to get him there in body and spirit....the question would be what kind of band would it be?

He has said he's written a lot of material on the acoustic guitar. But I don't think he mentioned yet whether he's going to rework [sorry if that's not the right word] any of it for electric--has anyone seen an updated statement on this? Or about the genre?

Thanks James! Looking forward to this a lot!

Send a reminder here, on the 21st as it is your duty, who provided the info! :poke:

Just giving you a hard time. :whistling: If you get around to it, then do so, otherwise I hope I remember and I'm sure all others here do! :thanku:

Archived