Jimmy Page to give a talk on his photo autobiography on November 3 in NYC

aen27

Hotel reserved,airline ticket bought. I am really looking forward to this..and getting together with a few forum members prior to the event. It will probably be available prior to my return Tuesday, but I will write my view of the event upon my return home :peace:

stevo, see you there....and Charles if you decide to go, a few of us are getting together prior to the event and I hope you can join us:-). It would be great if we had as many as possible from the forum attending :peace:

Just look for the guy with Ottawa Fury FC hat on! I'll be in touch

• 2 weeks later...

It was ungrateful impression, especially to Mr. Jeff Koons and Mr. Jimmy Page.

As you are someone "new" to this forum with 2 posts ...it would be "grateful" of you to just respect other people's opinions....and not be so quick to judge. RosieT was just making her own personal observation. Asking her to sell her ticket and calling her ungrateful is quite immature .

As you are someone "new" to this forum with 2 posts ...it would be "grateful" of you to just respect other people's opinions....and not be so quick to judge. RosieT was just making her own personal observation. Asking her to sell her ticket and calling her ungrateful is quite immature .

I agree 100 percent !! As a long time member here I think newbies should have consideration of any member - new and old. Don't be so quick to judge and sentence for what amounts to a simple opinion. OKC77 chill and be more understanding of other members.

I think the announcement of Koons as the interviewer bodes extremely well for an interesting, unpredictable, and fascinating conversation. I doubt very much it is a "marketing" ploy as the event has long been sold out without any knowledge of who would be conducting the interview. I was never under the impression that it would be an in-depth, musical interview. Whatever happens, it is an inspired choice and certainly, won't be the usual exercise in syncophancy.

I've attended these "In Conversation" events in the past. There is always (usually indirect and controlled) a Q&A session with the audience and signing by the author after the event.

While Koons is a fervid LZ fan, he is much more than just a darling of the art world. His current retrospective at the Whitney is a wonder of imagination, humor, and beauty and the largest of its kind ever at the musuem. If any forum members in the New York area haven't been, I highly recommend it. It will travel to Pompidou in Paris and the Guggenheim in Bilboa in 2015 for those outside the US.

http://whitney.org/Exhibitions/JeffKoons

I'm excited for those who will be present and sorry I am unable to attend. I look forward to hearing about the experience from those who will be there!

I spoke with Brad Tolinski earlier tonight at the venue where he was playing with a band I think he hooked up with fairly recently (they are young!). He said he was originally supposed to be the interviewer at the 92nd St. Y event, but the Y wanted Koons instead. He claimed he was ok with that (not sure I believed him). He said he's probably going to be the interviewer at a similar event in Los Angeles, I think.

Tolinski's not a bad guitarist! He also played electric violin, which was interesting.

Archived