RP says "Lullaby..." might be his last solo album

mrledhed

Read toward the end of the article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/robert-plant-interview-on-his-new-album-and-his-led-zeppelin-days-9683308.html

“And maybe this new album is the end now for me,” adds Plant, bringing things back up to date and taking me by surprise.

“Of this musical wanderlust and the wonderful carousel that I’ve been on. It’s like a kaleidoscope: you hold it up to the light, rotate it, and the pieces fall beautifully in different ways, but this record feels different. It’s a consummation of all those bits from Son House to Roni Size to the Gambia and it seems to have some sort of finality.”

Well I was hoping maybe for one or two more but hell he ought to be able to watch football and toss back a couple in peace if that is his decision. As I said it was worth selling 200 dollars worth of stuff to make it to Brooklyn now more than ever... Also we know there's at least one unreleased album on a shelf somewhere... One never knows.

I'm sure there are many others, but the only musicians I can think of that have officially "retired" are Bill Bruford and Grace Slick. I can see Robert no longer recording. I can't see him ever retiring from performing live..

Even if it's low key, sitting in with a few locals.. It's in his blood.

But either way, If this is it, I respect his decision.

I agree I can see him popping up in smaller places now and then .. I am glad he did not o some big retirement announcement about the tour I remember The Who's last concert ever.... In 1982!!!!!! Eventually I swear they will end up with one person as the Who. I could see Robert popping in with a few blues standards here and there for a while longer

I am quite sure he will be singing and performing in some way for the rest of his life. He seems to be in good health, but he is still 66 years old so in some areas of his life he knows he must slow down, physically mostly. He is very curious and intelligent and I am positive his creativity will lighten us for years to come. I understand him very well for not wanting to tour with LZ, it would probaby be extremely exhausting in so many ways with huge amount of expectations, travel etc.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW IDEAS FOR ROBERT PLANT: I'm not sure if I should start a new thread, as my post is related to the topic of this thread. Perhaps this belongs in a new, separate thread. RP did indicate that his career has run his course, and that he was out of ideas. I have several new ideas for RP albums of music, which, of course, RP will never see, unless someone here knows him personally:

1) First of all, finish, produce, and release the album you did with Buddy Miller in 2011. You don't have to tour behind it, just put it out there. 2) An album of duets with Olivia Newton-John would be amazing!!! Olivia has always been a WONDERFUL singer, and you could incorporate Australian music, including aboriginal music with the didgeridoo. 3) Do an album of Native American music, using Native instruments such as bells and drums. You could have a song called "Medicine Man," and maybe a new version of "Great Spirit." 4) Reconsider Alison Krauss' recent suggestion for a collaboration. It does not have to be Daft Punk, but the basic idea of doing a whole album of electronic trance music seems very interesting! 5) Get Robbie Blunt AND Doug Boyle in one band doing something. You've already proven repeatedly that two or more guitarists can work very well together! This would be awesome! 6) Put out all of your unreleased music going back to the 1980s, which might comprise several albums.

2) An album of duets with Olivia Newton-John would be amazing!!! Olivia has always been a WONDERFUL singer, and you could incorporate Australian music, including aboriginal music with the didgeridoo.

:hysterical: It's been a while since I snorted coffee out my nose, but that post did the trick !

Read toward the end of the article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/robert-plant-interview-on-his-new-album-and-his-led-zeppelin-days-9683308.html

“And maybe this new album is the end now for me,” adds Plant, bringing things back up to date and taking me by surprise.

“Of this musical wanderlust and the wonderful carousel that I’ve been on. It’s like a kaleidoscope: you hold it up to the light, rotate it, and the pieces fall beautifully in different ways, but this record feels different. It’s a consummation of all those bits from Son House to Roni Size to the Gambia and it seems to have some sort of finality.”

Robert appeared tonight on the One Show on BBC One and seemed to back away from this statement, saying he still loved creating music but the marketing phase required him to "become a hooker" and that his comments had perhaps been made on a bad day ....

There is no reason for Plant to 'stop' making music all together but he may foresee a problem with remaining in the public eye. He may just want to take it easy and enjoy it all without 20 press junkets a week and an 8 month tour to make album sales.

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong, I just got a feeling it won't be his last album.

I think his moving back home will inspire him a hell of a lot and I reckon sooner or later that itch and that creative writing he's been mentioning will all come flooding back and he won't be able to ignore it.

Hope I'm right?

Archived