Jimmy appearing at public event in London [October]

Boleskine

It is being advertised in today's Guardian. But as usual it is in London so way too much for me to pay. Ticket £20. Train ££££. Room in London £££££££££, food ££££££££. Shame we live in such a London biased country. Think Kate Bush?

It is being advertised in today's Guardian. But as usual it is in London so way too much for me to pay. Ticket £20. Train ££££. Room in London £££££££££, food ££££££££. Shame we live in such a London biased country. Think Kate Bush?

Well look at it this way, are you likely to get another chance in JP's lifetime. Travelodge hotel's are normally cheap and there are plenty of cheap places to eat if you know where to go. Coach?

That's incredible. Jimmy's handshake is very special; shaking 200 peoples' hand will result in him transferring a lot of energy. I know as I've shaken hands with him and it was like no other handshake (bar one), I have ever experienced; quite extraordinary. Being in my late 40s, I've shaken a lot of hands to emphasise the point

Cheers,

Indi

Curious about what made Jimmy's handshake special Indi - is it something you can put into words?

Curious about what made Jimmy's handshake special Indi - is it something you can put into words?

Ummmm not easy to explain, firstly he extended his hand to me, not the other way around and there was a singular warmth (not in body temperature way) and i experienced a strong energy interplay through our hands (I'm very energy sensitive). It was like receiving a blessing; I genuinely felt some kind of Soul connection. I'm not sure whether everyone has this shaking his hand, but I certainly did. BTW I'd never met him before that occasion.

Thanks Indi - know it can be hard to explain some experiences. Sounds very special. Fits with what others have said about meeting him - that he gives you his full attention, listens and responds with interest and warmth. What a wonderful memory for you to have.

firstly he extended his hand to me, not the other way around and i experienced a strong energy interplay through our hands (I'm very energy sensitive). It was like receiving a blessing; I genuinely felt some kind of Soul connection. I'm not sure whether everyone has this shaking his hand, but I certainly did.

Same here!

Ummmm not easy to explain, firstly he extended his hand to me, not the other way around and there was a singular warmth (not in body temperature way) and i experienced a strong energy interplay through our hands (I'm very energy sensitive). It was like receiving a blessing; I genuinely felt some kind of Soul connection. I'm not sure whether everyone has this shaking his hand, but I certainly did. BTW I'd never met him before that occasion.

Weird. I shook his hand it was as regular as any other. I will say that he was a very attentive host though, and really took the time to be kind and attentive.

Of course he is going to extend his hand to you, lot of hands to shake in limited time. I don't get this soul connection buisiness , maybe you were just a little exited at meeting your hero.

Of course he is going to extend his hand to you, lot of hands to shake in limited time. I don't get this soul connection buisiness , maybe you were just a little exited at meeting your hero.

No, actually, I encountered him in the street just up from Harrods (London) and nobody else recognised him at the time, so only JP and me. I was not emotionally excited at all, as it was a chance encounter there was no opportunity for advanced anticipation as you'd expect at a public event. I've meditated for 20 years and it changes you awareness and sensitivity dramatically. Once you are aware of your own Soul energy and interact with someone who also has a developed sense of awareness, you can experience strong, spontaneous energetic reactions when in close proximity to them. Physical contact is not necessary for this to happen, but when it occurs it can heighten the experience. One thing that can happen is you feel a downflow of energy through your head at the crown or energy radiation in the area at the right-hand side of the chest. When I shook hands with JP a warm, electrical charge of energy passed through our hands and I felt a light tingling sensation at my crown. There was another energetic sensation I experienced, but could not attempt to quantify. I've met loads of famous rockstars and shaken many of their hands and did not experience what I experienced shaking JP's hand with any of them.

Cheers,

Indi

No, actually, I encountered him in the street just up from Harrods (London) and nobody else recognised him at the time, so only JP and me. I was not emotionally excited at all, as it was a chance encounter there was no opportunity for advanced anticipation as you'd expect at a public event. I've meditated for 20 years and it changes you awareness and sensitivity dramatically. Once you are aware of your own Soul energy and interact with someone who also has a developed sense of awareness, you can experience strong, spontaneous energetic reactions when in close proximity to them. Physical contact is not necessary for this to happen, but when it occurs it can heighten the experience. One thing that can happen is you feel a downflow of energy through your head at the crown or energy radiation in the area at the right-hand side of the chest. When I shook hands with JP a warm, electrical charge of energy passed through our hands and I felt a light tingling sensation at my crown. There was another energetic sensation I experienced, but could not attempt to quantify. I've met loads of famous rockstars and shaken many of their hands and did not experience what I experienced shaking JP's hand with any of them.

Cheers,

Indi

Errr....ok..Ohmmmmm.

Nice to see Jimmy of course, but I'm glad I wasn't expecting any great revelations, because there weren't any - Jimmy grew a beard because there was no hot water for shaving at Bron Yr Aur, was about the most notable new information for me. Instead we got told that Atlantic didn't want to release the fourth album with no writing on the sleeve, etc.etc., things we've heard 50 times before. We got a 70 minute interview followed by 20 minutes of uninspired fan questions (Which Led Zeppelin track are you most proud of? Which Led Zeppelin album cover are you most proud of? Do you think Led Zeppelin would have been successful if they had been starting out today? Will you ever reveal what Zoso means?).

For people who had ordered the book, they were available to be picked up as we entered the building, pre-stamped with the venue and date. Nothing to suggest that the stamp had been applied by Jimmy himself, as The Guardian seemed to want us to believe.

Nice to see Jimmy of course, but I'm glad I wasn't expecting any great revelations, because there weren't any - Jimmy grew a beard because there was no hot water for shaving at Bron Yr Aur, was about the most notable new information for me. Instead we got told that Atlantic didn't want to release the fourth album with no writing on the sleeve, etc.etc., things we've heard 50 times before. We got a 70 minute interview followed by 20 minutes of uninspired fan questions (Which Led Zeppelin track are you most proud of? Which Led Zeppelin album cover are you most proud of? Do you think Led Zeppelin would have been successful if they had been starting out today? Will you ever reveal what Zoso means?).

For people who had ordered the book, they were available to be picked up as we entered the building, pre-stamped with the venue and date. Nothing to suggest that the stamp had been applied by Jimmy himself, as The Guardian seemed to want us to believe.

IMO, most regular posters here aren't casual Led Zeppelin fans, so we already know the information covered in the interview and Q&A session. However, casual fans who attended the event probably didn't know some of this info.

Bloody hell, so what? What were you expecting? Heard it all yes, from Jimmy's own mouth? Never, my question might not have been inspiring but it got asked, last question and I was damn happy about that, flickin through the book, love it, cheer up guys

I was there and Jimmy was superb: focused yet relaxed, and sometimes funny. Many of his comments were full of warmth and humour: he really held the floor as a speaker for an hour and a half.

I rather think that was in spite of Michael Hann who asked the questions: this was all done with a very straight bat, charting a sure course through the images and the more obvious career questions, but I'd have liked a bit more character and presence because it might have brought out even more from Jimmy.

Obviously, too much showmanship or ego from the questioner would have wrecked it ... but maybe a slightly bigger personality could have helped ?

Many thanks to those who shared their impressions. I get the idea from you and from Jimmy's interviews that his approach is very professional when dealing with audiences in public events like that. But I really miss one or two anecdotes, an old story, anything more personal so to say, opinions, his point of view, more warmth. No doubt he did so last evening, but I can imagine something like his book: downright correct and lacking more emotional involvement, without "flesh". A pity because I guess he might be a badass story teller (in private, of course). He MUST be as he has tons of material to write and tell.

We met with the journalist on the train platform afterwards, he said jimmy is pretty strict when it comes to interviews, let's you know right away what not to ask! Fair enough, people always want some Mötley Crüe style Dirt, forget it, you know the tales, leave it at that, you wouldn't ask your grandad ;) I asked how he felt about the longevity of his music and constantly being an inspiration to millions around the world!

I often wonder how many of the stories became "fact" having been read, re-read, asked and re-asked of him by countless interviewers. Hear the same thing often enough and it can become a stock answer, whether it's really true or not.

I watched It Might Get Loud yesterday and Jimmy commented the structure if Stairway was similar to an orgasm, the build and release. Now, I. May be doing him a disservice, but that sounds more like the regurgitation of a comment from an interviewer who has analysed the track far more than the creators likely ever did. There's numerous other examples where band members seem to pass off comments like these as fact or their own thoughts - I guess decades of having to answer the same questions do that.

Regarding the book, looks great. Another example though of what appears to be a jimmy getting his estate in order as he enters late life. Photographs reviewed, catologued, categorised and printed - check.

Outtakes reviewed, catologued, readied for current release and for release on future media formats - check.

Retaining the legacy and a final swelling of the pension pot complete - and no one can criticise for that - what's next?

Archived