Hot pics of Jimmy

Henrik

I love that you blew this up. I was actually just looking at this one in Neal Preston's book the other night. He does look cute here. :) Are you able to figure out what the album is? I haven't been.

Ha, no - I just found it online somewhere already that size. I haven't got to the Preston book yet - if I'd known it was in a book I probably wouldn't have posted. No, no idea about the album...

Has he had jaw surgery in later years? A pic posted of him much younger, also a profile, shows the shape of his face different - now his profile is more flat somehow. Does anyone else see this?

I doubt very much that Jimmy has any of his own teeth left (on top at least) - that's what years of cocaine/heroin use will do for you! From the way his nose and top lip have sunk and his bottom jaw has moved forward it looks like he's lost quite a bit of bone from his top jaw. He obviously had a LOT of work done after the ARMS concerts because his teeth looked pretty good for the Firm and were truly awful just before. Watching him in interviews nowadays is interesting because he's constantly fiddling with his teeth, which makes me think he's got dentures now - my grandad was always fiddling with his dentures and Jimmy moves his mouth in the same way my grandad did whilst he was doing it.

I've always been under the impression that Jimmy has implants, not dentures. Do you remember Keith Richards got a full set of implants? It is a long, tortuous process because they are going into the bone. It is also hugely expensive. I notice Woz70 mentions Jimmy fiddling with his teeth. I have porcelain veneers on my two front teeth, and when I first got them put on, they felt bulky and strange.To this day, I still have a tendency to roll my tongue over them, and that is many years after having them done. The teeth Jimmy had done look quite a bit larger than his own original teeth.

When all is said and done, I'm just glad that Jimmy is still alive. There was a time in the late 70's and early 80's when I thought he would be a goner.

If I had the kind of money Jimmy has , there is no way I would have dentures, I would have implants. But who knows. As you say, they are definitely not his old teeth as they were ruined by 1981.

W

I've always been under the impression that Jimmy has implants, not dentures. Do you remember Keith Richards got a full set of implants? It is a long, tortuous process because they are going into the bone. It is also hugely expensive. I notice Woz70 mentions Jimmy fiddling with his teeth. I have porcelain veneers on my two front teeth, and when I first got them put on, they felt bulky and strange.To this day, I still have a tendency to roll my tongue over them, and that is many years after having them done. The teeth Jimmy had done look quite a bit larger than his own original teeth.

When all is said and done, I'm just glad that Jimmy is still alive. There was a time in the late 70's and early 80's when I thought he would be a goner.

Wholeheartedly agree. I cried the first time I met him in 1981. I thought he was dying x

Wholeheartedly agree that it's great that he's still around and appears to finally be in very good health.

The main reason I think he's got dentures is the complete change in the shape of his face and the way he holds his lower jaw. Implants can only be put into sound bone and the way his teeth were in '83 I'm not sure there was much left at the front for him. Before then he always had a bit of an overbite (top teeth overlap bottom teeth), after that he seems to have had an underbite (bottom teeth overlap top teeth) - meaning his front teeth have been moved further into his mouth. I think he got away with veneers and bridges for most of the eighties, but I reckon he had quite a bit more work done around the Page/Plant era. He also does a lot of the 'I haven't got my own front teeth any more' facial postures - his lower lip folder over his top lip for example, and there's at least one interview (one of the Japanese ones) where I swear he's been fiddling with his dentures and doesn't quite lock them back in place before he starts talking (another thing my grandad used to do!).

All things considered though, he's looking pretty good for a 69 year old who by all accounts shouldn't really have made it to 40. Teeth are a small price to pay to have survived multiple drug addiction and pretty major alcohol dependency. In fact it's a shame he's so coy about discussing it, because as such an influential person in the music scene he could do a lot for awareness of the problems substance abuse can cause - after all it took him more than 25 years to totally clean himself up!

LOVE this one aen27!! :D It makes me wanna start smoking again though :P

What a great first post Anxss!! :) Thank you and welcome!! :wave:

You're welcome april_lynn!! No one can make smoking look that good but Jimmy! :P

Also welcome from me too, Anxss. :)

I doubt very much that Jimmy has any of his own teeth left (on top at least) - that's what years of cocaine/heroin use will do for you! From the way his nose and top lip have sunk and his bottom jaw has moved forward it looks like he's lost quite a bit of bone from his top jaw. He obviously had a LOT of work done after the ARMS concerts because his teeth looked pretty good for the Firm and were truly awful just before. Watching him in interviews nowadays is interesting because he's constantly fiddling with his teeth, which makes me think he's got dentures now - my grandad was always fiddling with his dentures and Jimmy moves his mouth in the same way my grandad did whilst he was doing it.

WWholeheartedly agree. I cried the first time I met him in 1981. I thought he was dying x

Thanks for this woz70 and Knebby. I did not know that Jimmy did this, but now that it is mentioned I do notice they seem different by the Firm. I too am so relieved he is still here as kenog said earlier.

Edited by aen27

Woz,

Like Knebby, I am wondering if you are in the dental profession in some capacity because you seem to have a lot of knowledge. The reason I thought they might be implants is because of Keith Richard having had those done, and he was in a pretty bad state from substance abuse. If they were implants, it would go some way towards explaining how JPP's face is in good condition considering the amount of abuse he inflicted upon himself. I understand implants support the facial structure.

The first time I remember wondering if Jimmy was taking drugs was when he gave an interview in 1976 to either the 'Sounds' or 'NME', and the accompanying photographs of him showed a deterioration in his facial appearance compared with the press photos from the 1975 US tour. One of the most worrying photographs of Jimmy I have ever seen is the one where Phil Carlo is helping him into a nightclub Stateside around 1980/81. Instead, he should have been in a clinic being fed intravenously. I would take a guess and say that his last marriage would have given him the stability and contentment to give up all drugs and alcohol. Given the extent of his addictions, it must have been a long hard battle. Well done to him for making it through.

Wholeheartedly agree that it's great that he's still around and appears to finally be in very good health.

The main reason I think he's got dentures is the complete change in the shape of his face and the way he holds his lower jaw. Implants can only be put into sound bone and the way his teeth were in '83 I'm not sure there was much left at the front for him. Before then he always had a bit of an overbite (top teeth overlap bottom teeth), after that he seems to have had an underbite (bottom teeth overlap top teeth) - meaning his front teeth have been moved further into his mouth. I think he got away with veneers and bridges for most of the eighties, but I reckon he had quite a bit more work done around the Page/Plant era. He also does a lot of the 'I haven't got my own front teeth any more' facial postures - his lower lip folder over his top lip for example, and there's at least one interview (one of the Japanese ones) where I swear he's been fiddling with his dentures and doesn't quite lock them back in place before he starts talking (another thing my grandad used to do!).

All things considered though, he's looking pretty good for a 69 year old who by all accounts shouldn't really have made it to 40. Teeth are a small price to pay to have survived multiple drug addiction and pretty major alcohol dependency. In fact it's a shame he's so coy about discussing it, because as such an influential person in the music scene he could do a lot for awareness of the problems substance abuse can cause - after all it took him more than 25 years to totally clean himself up!

Not a dentist!

I have been just been fascinated by the change in Jimmys face since 1977 (since I waited up ALL NIGHT only to see him dribbling and drooling at Live Aid when I was 15 and TOTALLY obsessed by zep. I cried after seeing them at Live Aid.)- and I've talked to people who've had to have dentures fitted 'cos they have too much bone damage to have implants successfully done (or are too tight, as Jimmy has been purported to be from time to time!), and those who've had successful reconstructive stuff done, like shaun ryder. I'm kind of intrigued by people who can damage themselves that much with substance abuse because they think it's cool.... Jimmy obviously thought heroin was cool and a fillip to his creativity, got burnt pretty bad by the experience and thankfully came through it better than some of his generation.
Thankfully he never got to the stage of an uncommonly pure dose, like Janis did, or just plain burnt out like Kurt.
I mean, really....... of the four guys in Zep Jimmy was really the one burning the candles at both ends, in the middle, and anywhere else he could. The fact that it was John who passed and not him was probably as much a shock to him as anyone else surrounding the group!
Aaaaanyway...... I feel I've hijacked a thread that's supposed to celebrate Mr. Page in all of his many incarnations, so I shall very much shut up now!
Thanks for pandering to my slight obsession!

Edited by woz70