2016 POTTED PLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

9be3100e08d00dfb54e062dfa66a7475.jpg

Here we go again guys! The 2016 NFL season is upon us and it is time to get the gears in motion for our annual football picking contest...with a tip of the hat to our departed Led Zeppelin and New Orleans Saints loving soul, Brett Godwin.

Last year's regular season champion was apantherfrommd. The playoff champion was paul carruthers. We had 15 participants last season, but a few people have disappeared and I wonder if they are coming back...Anjin-san, Bong-Man, Steal Away Now Baby Rose.

Anyway, there have been some new members that have joined the forum recently and if you are reading this, you are welcome to join the pool. It is free to all.

You know the drill...I post the upcoming week's schedule of games and you pick the team you think will win each game. No late picks. Once the game has started, it is too late to put your pick in for that game.

Remember there are Thursday night games every week of the season. I had to chase down quite a few of you last year for your Thursday picks. Make sure you pick every game. Police each other...if you notice someone has missed a game let them know. I cannot be on here 24/7 checking everyone's picks so I may not catch your mistake in time.

Good luck to all and as always, this is all in good fun and spirit. No fighting or trolling allowed.

Cannot wait to see what fanciful names jabe comes up with this season.

Week 1 Schedule

THURSDAY SEPT. 8 

Carolina @ Denver 8:30p.m. EST

SUNDAY SEPT. 11

Minnesota @ Tennesee 

Chicago @ Houston

Cleveland @ Philadelphia 

Buffalo @ Baltimore (Rick vs. ebk)

San Diego @ Kansas City

Oakland @ New Orleans (Strider vs. Brett)

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta 

Cincinnati @ New York Jets

Green Bay @ Jacksonville

Miami @ Seattle (Paul vs. Walter, Jr.)

New York Giants @ Dallas (I can't remember who likes the Giants...in_the_evening? jabe? vs. Walter and zepscoda)

Detroit @ Indianapolis (Bong-Man vs. ?)

New England @ Arizona 8:30p.m. EST (jb126, Anjin-san, the chase, in_the_evening vs. ?)

MONDAY SEPT. 12

Pittsburgh @ Washington (aka the Taters) 7:10p.m. EST

Los Angeles (formerly the St. Louis Rams) @ San Francisco 10:20p.m. EST (Oh my...did I just write Los Angeles in reference to a NFL team? Somewhere redrum is cringing.)

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?

Thanks for doing this Paul.   Great job.  I am going to make my picks now as there is a Thursday night game to start the season.   let it be known, my second favorite team is back in the fold in LA.  The Los Angeles Rams are back!!!!  Amen!!!!

Week 1 picks for me

Carolina

Minnesota

Houston

Philadelphia

Buffalo  (if its me vs Esther I am in trouble.  LOL.  Right now I need the O's more)

San Diego

Oakland

Atlanta

Cincinnati (Cincy is my early pick to win it all(

Green Bay

Seattle

Dallas

Detroit

Arizona

Washington

Los Angeles Rams

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Can't wait brotha!  I look forward to this thread more than any other in the Ramble On section, every year!

Btw, zepscoda a Giants fan.  

Good luck everyone! ✌?️

LOL....thanks Walter....yes , as my father , and his father, and his father before support big blue..my brother and sister suffer as Giants fans aswell. ..as are children will after us...lol. ..I'm living down here , behind enemy lines...lol

14 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

LOL....thanks Walter....yes , as my father , and his father, and his father before support big blue..my brother and sister suffer as Giants fans aswell. ..as are children will after us...lol. ..I'm living down here , behind enemy lines...lol

Hey, sorry to butt in but can you please clarify?  Who is your team?  I know Walter is Dallas and his father was Bills like me, great man.   But you?  I now you are a Rangers and Dallas Stars fan, and Texas Rangers.  But football?  And how can any of you be "suffering".  For Gods sake we are the ones that missed the fucking field goal

14 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Hey, sorry to butt in but can you please clarify?  Who is your team?  I know Walter is Dallas and his father was Bills like me, great man.   But you?  I now you are a Rangers and Dallas Stars fan, and Texas Rangers.  But football?  And how can any of you be "suffering".  For Gods sake we are the ones that missed the fucking field goal

:)

Let's go Big Blue !

THURSDAY SEPT. 8 

Carolina 

SUNDAY SEPT. 11

Tennesee 

Chicago 

Cleveland 

Buffalo 

Kansas City

Oakland 

Atlanta 

Cincinnati 

Green Bay 

Seattle 

New York Football Giants 

Indianapolis 

Arizona

MONDAY SEPT. 12

Washington 

Los Angeles 

3 hours ago, zepscoda said:

THURSDAY SEPT. 8 

Carolina 

SUNDAY SEPT. 11

Tennesee 

Chicago 

Cleveland 

Buffalo 

Kansas City

Oakland 

Atlanta 

Cincinnati 

Green Bay 

Seattle 

New York Football Giants 

Indianapolis 

Arizona

MONDAY SEPT. 12

Washington 

Los Angeles 

Well you did throw some "Love" back our way by picking us at Baltimore.  But how wise is that Chief?  So who is your team?  

23 hours ago, Walter said:

Can't wait brotha!  I look forward to this thread more than any other in the Ramble On section, every year!

Btw, zepscoda a Giants fan.  

Good luck everyone! ✌?️

Thanks Walter. And thank you for clarifying zepscoda's team for me. I had a feeling it was not Dallas but was not sure. The fact that he lives in the Dallas area and roots for their teams in other sports confused me.

On 9/4/2016 at 2:31 PM, Strider said:

Week 1 Schedule

THURSDAY SEPT. 8 

Carolina @ Denver 8:30p.m. EST   DENVER

SUNDAY SEPT. 11

Minnesota @ Tennesee   MINNESOTA

Chicago @ Houston    CHICAGO

Cleveland @ Philadelphia    PHILLY

Buffalo @ Baltimore (Rick vs. ebk)     BUFFALO

San Diego @ Kansas City     KC

Oakland @ New Orleans (Strider vs. Brett)   NEW ORLEANS

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta     ATLANTA

Cincinnati @ New York Jets    CINCINNATI

Green Bay @ Jacksonville      GREEN BAY

Miami @ Seattle (Paul vs. Walter, Jr.)     SEATTLE

New York Giants @ Dallas (I can't remember who likes the Giants...in_the_evening? jabe? vs. Walter and zepscoda)   DALLAS  (Hate the Giants, FYI, lol)

Detroit @ Indianapolis (Bong-Man vs. ?)     INDY

New England @ Arizona 8:30p.m. EST (jb126, Anjin-san, the chase, in_the_evening vs. ?)     NEW ENGLAND

MONDAY SEPT. 12

Pittsburgh @ Washington (aka the Taters) 7:10p.m. EST      WASHINGTON

Los Angeles (formerly the St. Louis Rams) @ San Francisco 10:20p.m. EST (Oh my...did I just write Los Angeles in reference to a NFL team? Somewhere redrum is cringing.)     SAN FRAN

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?

Made my picks in the quote.  I'll find a better way to do it next week, on a tablet now.

1 hour ago, Houses of the Holy said:

Carolina @ Denver 8:30p.m. EST

SUNDAY SEPT. 11

Tennesee 

Houston

Philadelphia 

Baltimore  

Kansas City

New Orleans 

Tampa Bay

Cincinatti

Green Bay  

Seattle  

Dallas 

Indianapolis  

New England 

MONDAY SEPT. 12

Pittsburgh

Los Angeles  

Welcome Houses of the Holy. I just need your Carolina @ Denver pick.

Carolina

Minnesota

Houston

Philadelphia

Buffalo

Kansas City

Oakland

Atlanta

Cincinnati

Green Bay

Seattle

New York Giants

Indianapolis

Arizona...When was the last time New England was an underdog?

Pittsburgh

Los Angeles

All Righty Then!
Good luck to all, especially me. Can't dance and baby needs new shoes.
Welcome to new faces and names. Counting on all the regulars and YOU know who you are.

Denver -Supercam falls into a kryptokush munchie meltdown
Tennessee - Derelict Henry fan here
Houston
Philly
Baltimore
K.C.
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Cincinnati - break a thumb, uh, leg Andy, AJ needs more exposure
Jacksonville
Seattle
Dallas -Dac, it's your team baby. Tony may never take another snap for the Silver Star
Indy
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Los Angeles

I'd normally wait till Wednesday so I can do extensive research (hahahahahahahahahahahahaha - really, I just procrastinate all the time), but my brother is coming in from Italy tomorrow and I don't want to forget.

Bon chance, everyone!

THURSDAY SEPT. 8 

Carolina @ Denver

SUNDAY SEPT. 11

Minnesota @ Tennesee 

Chicago @ Houston

Cleveland @ Philadelphia 

Buffalo @ Baltimore 

San Diego @ Kansas City

Oakland @ New Orleans

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta 

Cincinnati @ New York Jets

Green Bay @ Jacksonville

Miami @ Seattle 

New York Giants @ Dallas   (can I root for both teams to lose?  please??)

Detroit @ Indianapolis

New England @ Arizona   (I guess NE has to lose once.  Why not get it over with quick...)

MONDAY SEPT. 12

Pittsburgh @ Taters  (sure - why not)

Los Angeles  @ San Francisco 

Archived