BONZOLOGY: New YouTube channel devoted to analyzing Bonzo's drumming

porgie66

Terry from Bonzoleum and I have teamed up to create a YouTube channel dedicated to discussing and breaking down John Bonham's drumming. BONZOLOGY.  Give it a look !!  In our debut videos we discuss Bonzo's drumming on The Song Remains The Same in the style of the legendary June 21 1977 ( LISTEN TO THIS EDDIE BOOT) . We will be posting new videos on a regular basis and are taking requests, suggestions for topics. 

The video below is me playing the end of TSRTS , leading into the Rover intro, and a complete Sick Again, ala 1977 style. This is not meant to be a literal transcription, it is in the style of his 77 performances. Hope you all enjoy it.

Edited by porgie66

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 8:45 AM, porgie66 said:

Recent upload. Getting ready to do some collboration with Virtual Zeppelin on a series of new cover videos. 

You do an unbelievable job on all of these tracks. You have a great ear and have everything down to the last detail. I think Bring it on Home is one of Bonham's most under appreciated drum tracks. It's one of my favorites though.

1 hour ago, nemophilist said:

You do an unbelievable job on all of these tracks. You have a great ear and have everything down to the last detail. I think Bring it on Home is one of Bonham's most under appreciated drum tracks. It's one of my favorites though.

Thanks , I appreciate that . I agree with you about this track too....there is so much more going on , between Bonzo and Jones than meets the casual ear. It really is an epic little performance. 

Edited by porgie66

11 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Thanks , I appreciate that . I agree with you about this track too....there is so much more going on , between Bonzo and Jones than meets the casual ear. It really is an epic little performance. 

You're welcome. Exactly, there are so many nuisances. They really fill in the song, it truly is an epic performance. It's one that the casual listener wouldn't pick up. Bonzo and Jones really make the song what it is.

• 11 months later...

For those interested in Bonzo's drumming, check out my YouTube channel. My goal is to finish every studio version of each song in the next month. I'm nearly there, just a handful of tunes left . I have playlists organized by album and also I did a complete 1973 tour style set of play along videos as well as many breakdown and demo videos. Here's the latest one .....