2019 NFL Thread

Walter

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Mercury Morris can't pop the cork, but the Ravens may win....  :dont:

I believe the Ravens will win.  NE finally has to play a dangerous team on the road.  Other than us, who with one dirty hit on Allen on a winning drive, won.  And you are going to take shots at my 5-2 Bills with your 0-7 Fish?  Really Paul?  OK.  I know we sucked vs the Eagles and they need to call out the damn coaching staff.  But the ship is not yet scuttled.  6-2 is likely and Denver comes in two weeks later for their ass whipping.  At Cleveland scares me. I love them over Denver this week as they get Hunt back.  And they ran all over NE.  Only fumbles and penalties prevented the upset in NE.

I never take shots at the Bills, If don't have to. To be totally honest--I never hated the Bills with the same regard as the Pats or Jets; it's kind of like being a Mets fan who still likes Henry Aaron & the Braves or just the Braves.  😏

I haven't watched enough games so far this season, but I have a window open to the NFL scoreboard to see what's up with the Sunday schedule & I'm sure the Raven's may put up a struggle, but really now. 45-18 may be a generous score....

EDIT: Just saw the Skin's are 1-7; right you are on that one, Rick....

Edited by paul carruthers

19 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I believe the Ravens will win.  NE finally has to play a dangerous team on the road.  Other than us, who with one dirty hit on Allen on a winning drive, won.  And you are going to take shots at my 5-2 Bills with your 0-7 Fish?  Really Paul?  OK.  I know we sucked vs the Eagles and they need to call out the damn coaching staff.  But the ship is not yet scuttled.  6-2 is likely and Denver comes in two weeks later for their ass whipping.  At Cleveland scares me. I love them over Denver this week as they get Hunt back.  And they ran all over NE.  Only fumbles and penalties prevented the upset in NE.

Hunt isn’t back until next week. Just FYI. 

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Hunt isn’t back until next week. Just FYI. 

I know.  NE sucked out again. Cleveland, though they lost, were able to run effectively on NE all afternoon.  So now they actually have to play tough teams.  Cleveland will go into Denver and have them for lunch

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

OK.  Time for Buffalo Rick's  (my radio handle) locks of the  week

Cleveland over Denver.

Vikings over Chiefs

Eagles over Bears

Ravens to cover at least

Potential upset   (Bucs over Seattle-but just a maybe)

What’s the spread?

On 10/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I saw this coming.  When one team is desperate and the other is in complacency mode, take the desperate team.  The offensive coordinator is a problem.  The biggest surprise was Buffalo's defense playing their worst game in two years.  The run for 60 yards Micah Hyde was blocked and went the wrong way.  Edmunds was taking a fucking nap.  I am not ready to give up on Allen or them for that matter over one game. They are 11 point favorites already vs Washington next week and I do not think they will take them lightly. 

:blink:

Let me get this straight...complacency is your excuse? By what right does Buffalo have for being 'complacent'? You were playing Philadelphia, a team that won the Super Bowl in 2018 while Buffalo has not sniffed a Super Bowl in over 25 years and never won ever. Buffalo has no business being complacent and taking any team lightly...not even Miami, New York and Washington.

If complacency was really the reason they lost to the Eagles (and I doubt it) then that is a sign of bad coaching and lack of leadership...in management and in the locker room.

Either way, it is just another sign that Buffalo is not to be trusted and not ready for prime time just yet. They still have some growing up to do.

I haven't been a regular around here since the old board.  Not sure I'll be sticking around but for a little NFL chat why not.  I'll just say it's funny seeing a Buffalo Bills guy talk so much about his team in this thread (and I admire that).  Here's my simple take on Buffalo:  You have a running quarterback and running quarterbacks ALWAYS eventually get hurt (no one seems to remember that FACT).  The Bills haven't done anything other than start 5-2.  They might be a wild card team unless New England folds due to injuries and bad luck and hands them the division which I do not see happening.  I do see Allen getting taken off the field again with another concussion or worse.  I agree with Strider.  The Bills are not quite ready for prime time.  So Glad to see them in their mid-70's uniforms and helmets - one of my all-time favorites is that look with the blue top and white pants.  I hated the red helmets and the uniforms just prior to the switch a few years ago. 

Edited by Ram4

16 hours ago, Strider said:

:blink:

Let me get this straight...complacency is your excuse? By what right does Buffalo have for being 'complacent'? You were playing Philadelphia, a team that won the Super Bowl in 2018 while Buffalo has not sniffed a Super Bowl in over 25 years and never won ever. Buffalo has no business being complacent and taking any team lightly...not even Miami, New York and Washington.

If complacency was really the reason they lost to the Eagles (and I doubt it) then that is a sign of bad coaching and lack of leadership...in management and in the locker room.

Either way, it is just another sign that Buffalo is not to be trusted and not ready for prime time just yet. They still have some growing up to do.

Certainly they have growing to do.  .They are not void of talent. And that includes Allen. The defense did take a day off.  I accuse them outright.  I am just saying when you are 5-1 and you are reading all weak about how soft your schedule is, and after seeing the Eagles dismantled on Sunday night, they do not exactly strike fear into you.

Well now it appears the AFC South, comes down to Houston and Indy.  I liked Houston to win the division all along yet I bough into the Jacksonville bullshit in this game in England.  So is London going to get a team?  Otherwise what is the point of this every year?

It is a certainty that London has  a better shot at landing an NFL team than Toronto.  Is that strange?  Toronto should have waited for the Bills to be good again.  How long that takes is a mystery still

Time for McStupid to get the Bills going.  They need Allen to do that and get Singletary involved.  Not worried about the D. They will bounce back

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

29 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, Dallas you going win the game so I pick you...

Nice beat down by the Ravens don't you think?  Gotta love it.  Just the start of a miserable second half for NE>  And WTF?  Your owner has to be pulling his hair out?  They did not want to win but they beat the Jets and after all this may have fucked up the first pick in the NFL draft?  What is up with that stupid team you support?

26 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My fucking Bills are 6-2.  And they talk about Miami, Jets, and other shit teams.  Nobody seems to realize Cincy has the worst record.  TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! NY GIANTS!!!!!!!!

YOUR TEAM SUCKS ON THE ROAD WALTER

Your franchise sucks, Rick!

0-53

On 11/4/2019 at 10:07 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

How do you figure 0-52?  What does that number even mean?  I thought you were Reggie in Australia.  Don' bother me with insignifigant stats. WE are going to pummel your silly fucking home boys

Sorry, I forgot who I was speaking to....0 (the number of Super Bowl wins for your all-time loser team, Buffalo) - 52 (the number of Super Bowls that have been played).  Not very insignificant in the context of NFL history.  

Reggie in Australia? :blink: 

14 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

My Giants suck. It's not easy to get out coached by Jason Garrett,  but sure enough big blue had some of the worst play calling I've ever seen. 

I have to agree with you, on both of your statements.  You guys have a lot of holes to fill.

Just now, Walter said:

I have to agree with you, on both of your statements.  You guys have a lot of holes to fill.

I like our QB, but he needs protection and it's way to early to give him a nickname...Danny Dimes...WTF...I knew this season was doomed once that name was dropped in his lap...we have no pass protection , a good high school team could probably throw all day on the Giants D. ...need to work on both lines in this upcoming draft. ...these are dark days for Big Blue. I certainly didn't waste money this year going to opening day when they were in town.

6 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

I like our QB, but he needs protection and it's way to early to give him a nickname...Danny Dimes...WTF...I knew this season was doomed once that name was dropped in his lap...we have no pass protection , a good high school team could probably throw all day on the Giants D. ...need to work on both lines in this upcoming draft. ...these are dark days for Big Blue. I certainly didn't waste money this year going to opening day when they were in town.

I do like Jones also.  He and Barkley are a good young nucleus.  Shepard was coming along until the concussions, Engram seems to be injury prone as well.  The lines are a mess, along with the secondary.  But you guys did just get a nice pick up at DT from the Jets.  The scouting department has its work cut out, for sure.