What's the weather like where you are?

madison

chillumpuffer,

Glad to read that you and yours made it through the weekend!

Our turn this week.  Snow tonight and temps down to 1 degrees (-17 C)

Tues:  Snow and a high of 10 F (-12 C).  Low at night  -1 (-18C)

Wed: Snow and a high of 10 F (-12 C). Low -3F(-19C)

Thurs: Snow ending and a high of 21 (-6C).  Low 3 (-16C)

We don't get above freezing until Saturday afternoon!

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

:freezing:

It's actually stopped raining ! No sun mind you. That would be asking too much.

At least we are expecting to see the sun by Thursday afternoon - still too cold to do any melting though!

What really pissed me off was I got up at 0315 hours, did workout then decided to clear the snow off the driveway and sidewalk.  Just as I finished, it started snowing again - 30 minutes later, couldn't even tell I had shoveled!   GRRRRRR!😬

RAIN. Will it ever stop? 400mm on the sunny coast yesterday/last night with fatalities and missing people (woman attempted to drive through flood waters, mistake). 300mm now predicted for the Gold Coast with Brissie to cop flash flooding as well.

So the summer of 21/22 here never showed up, replaced by almost non stop cloud/rain/storms. My work mates in Sydney have also copped flooding overnight. Seems the east coast of AU is a shitshow of rain and floods.

I hope you get a decent summer soon Chilli and others in the old country...

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Rain and floods. There have been two warnings about dam releases tomorrow for our area. Even though I am on high ground, a few suburbs here may well flood hard. Roads are pot-holed, partially flooded hellscapes at present.

I didn't know you live here man? :D

Floods. Almost as bad as the 2011 one. Couldn't get #1 son off to work as just too many road closures including the main motorway. Poor buggers at Goodna once again lose everything. At least the rain has stopped. First time in 3 days it isn't raining.

Oh and the potholes. maaaaaaaan, some are deep enough to kill a poor unsuspecting car.

After 121 hours below freezing, shoveling/sweeping snow before and after work on Tues/Wed/Thurs and Friday, we finally had sunshine and a nice weekend.  It's supposed to be above average temps  Mon through Friday this week, then a crappy weekend of 30's and snow/rain mix.